The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

So if sneak into your house, knock your beer on the floor and leave without you noticing.

the spilled beer is the proof that I am responsible?
I guess what you're failing to comprehend is that this was essentially a sting. They don't know the mechanics of how it was accomplished, but they do know what was done based on previous complaints.

We shall see. One thing that indicated we may not know today is that Brady said the NFL had not yet contacted him. IMO I'd think they would, and since they haven't I feel like their investigation is incomplete.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
That is an apples to dog shit comparison.

Whose balls were deflated? Patriots

Who is in charge of the Patriots equipment? Patriots and their equipment manager(s).

Who is overall responsible? Patriots

Believing that they are going to be fined, and only fined, is ludicrous. The hammer is going to fall on them as hard as it fell on Sean Payton and the Saints. The "IDK" approach has proven to not to be a good enough excuse for Goodell.

They don't need to contact Brady. What Brady said at his press conference is what he would say in his interview. He is under no legal obligation to be truthful in the investigation.

Currently they're attempting to define the system that allowed them to deflate the equipment without detection. Interviews are primarily equipment staff, ball boys, etc. Individuals that have not been trained for depositions more or less.

Believing that they are going to be fined is ludicrous. The hammer is going to fall on them as hard as it fell on Sean Payton and the Saints. The "IDK" approach has proven to not to be a good enough excuse for Goodell.
Will you bet me a permanent ban from all rerolled NFL threads that BB is not suspended for an entire year?

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
This has really become glorious, Brady and Belichick are going to be so fired up now they will beat the Seahawks by 3 touchdowns. The tears from the people calling the Pats cheaters will carry me on a canoe through baseball season. The only way this could get better is if the NFL comes out and says "Ya the Pats deflated the balls and did it knowingly, but we don't give a fuck."

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If the Patriots get the book thrown at them, and that's a REALLY big if, it certainly won't be before the Super Bowl.

Also if BB is to be suspended, it's obviously in the NFLs best interest to suspend him sooner than later. Otherwise he continues to get to spend time coaching his team up for next Sunday.

They have to play a super bowl.
They have to ensure it if logistically impossible to stage a ravens vs colts "rematch" in lieu of the probowl.

Well...rather...they have to take off the table the ability for the public to clamor for such a rematch.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Also if BB is to be suspended, it's obviously in the NFLs best interest to suspend him sooner than later. Otherwise he continues to get to spend time coaching his team up for next Sunday.
No way would he be suspended for the Super Bowl even if they decide to go that route and suspend him.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Will you bet me a permanent ban from all rerolled NFL threads that BB is not suspended for an entire year?
And deprive the boards of your wonderful and insightful non-bias football takes? It pains me to do so, but I'll respectfully decline your generous offer.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I'll do a permanent ban bet with you, if the patriots receive anything more than a fine you are no longer able to post in any NFL thread and if they receive a fine and nothing else then I am no longer able to post in any NFL thread on this forum or any other iterations of this board that come in the future. Any punishment at all other than the team or players being forced to pay a fine results in the biggest shit poster (you) being banned from any NFL thread on this board or any future iterations of this board (IE the community packing up shop and going to a new board).

You won't take the bet though, you know you are full of shit and don't have an iota of actual confidence your team isn't filled with worthless cheating fuck heads. You are the perfect pats fan, shit poster for a shit organization.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't think the NFL has ever vacated a win so the Colts and Ravens fans are just being retarded.

I think the organization will get a "hefty fine" and some draft picks taken.

I'll do a permanent ban bet with you, if the patriots receive anything more than a fine you are no longer able to post in any NFL thread and if they receive a fine and nothing else then I am no longer able to post in any NFL thread on this forum or any other iterations of this board that come in the future.
you're a fool. an utter and absolute fool. I bet the other guy whether BB would be suspended an entire year, and you spin it to if they only get a fine.

Do you have a single working brain cell in your head? Is that analogous to you?