The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Why can't these news organizations watch Newsroom and find out how it's done?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
OH MY GOD. THREAD SO TERRIBLE. SHOW ME THE WAY OUT I HAVE BEEN BLINDED.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This whole thing is fucking dumb. 1st it is "Deflated balls are easier to catch in the rain!!!" (lets ignore it rained harder in 2nd half and they used the proper ones and they scored 2x as many points as 1st half), then it became "they are all around general purpose easier to throw and catch!!!", then it became "TOM BRADY IS BUILT ON A HOUSE OF LIES! RAR BAN WHOLE TEAM KKTHXBYE!!!".

Now we find out the NFL hasn't talked to any player or coach. You know what happened? Ref walked into room, held ball, seemed ok, checked off list, the end. Because even the refs don't give that much of a fuck.

NFL will do some save face thing, say they need to iron our procedures, then try to look like heroes and hope everyone ignores the fact the NFL doesn't give fuck all about rapists, PED users, wife beaters, concussion issues, or murderers.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Sounds about right
dlqOfHP.jpg

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brady could of put this to bed yesterday but instead decided to contradict himself which didn't do him any favors. He goes to say he likes them at a certain PSI and they felt 'perfect' but then 5 mins later says he felt no difference when we know there was a difference in the 2nd half.

I think Brady is telling the truth about not knowing who is deflating what, I just think he did notice a difference during the game but is not going to fess to that because that implies he's behind it. If the story that Lleauaric posted is accurate, that fits perfectly with the theory. Brady realized the balls were deflated and asked to have them removed, thus the reason why the refs couldn't find any late in the first half.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Brady could of put this to bed yesterday but instead decided to contradict himself which didn't do him any favors. He goes to say he likes them at a certain PSI and they felt 'perfect' but then 5 mins later says he felt no difference when we know there was a difference in the 2nd half.

I think Brady is telling the truth about not knowing who is deflating what, I just think he did notice a difference during the game but is not going to fess to that because that implies he's behind it.
This depends on the amount that it was under inflated. All we have that says they were 2lbs over is an anonymous NFL source according to ESPN. Could Brady have noticed if it was .5? 1lb?

Even if he could, whats he going to say? "Hey, I know my adrenaline is jacking me up through the roof, and my Brain is fried because I have 38 reads and 25 checkdowns to remember on any given play, and I have to run to the sideline to breakdown defensive looks, but I seem to be holding this ball a little too snuggly."

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now we find out the NFL hasn't talked to any player or coach. You know what happened? Ref walked into room, held ball, seemed ok, checked off list, the end. Because even the refs don't give that much of a fuck.

NFL will do some save face thing, say they need to iron our procedures, then try to look like heroes and hope everyone ignores the fact the NFL doesn't give fuck all about rapists, PED users, wife beaters, concussion issues, or murderers.
Pretty sure that's what I said on the day the story broke. We're acting like the fucking part time refs actually give a shit about the ball pressure. C'mon...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is there anyone in this thread who legitimately cares about whether the balls were deflated or not?