The Newsroom S2

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
I think this season has been some pretty good television so far. Tonight was the kind of show that Sorkin writes so well. It's a tense building pathos with a wholly unrealistic payoff appealing to our sense of decency and justice. It's the very traditional plot structure with our protagonists struggling through adversity only to be saved by a deus ex machina of people doing the right thing in spite of their better judgments. It is cathartic storytelling done very well.

I look forward to next week where it will all go off the rails again and that driving pathos slips into tiring bathos as Sorkin miserably tries to get out of his own way.
This season has been alot much enjoyable than the 1st, but still liked the 1st season. But sadly we will have to wait till the 8th for the next episode because HBO is getting ready for Boardwalk to air on the 8th it seems, couldve sworn just a week or 2 ago it was a late September show.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Let's not turn this thread into the political thread 2.0, but there is very little doubt that if a republican president had Obama's record as far as drone strikes, whistle blower prosecution, mass scale spying and other similar niceties, the outrage would be on a whole other scale.
Bush and co lied us into a war and tortured people and no one in the press really gave a shit.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I'm really curious as to how they will handle Benghazi though, seeing as how that wasn't even a year ago... Is the timeline going to quick? They are going to run out of shit to fake news about soon
12-10 months. Season 1 finale aired August 26 2012 and covered August 1-8 2011 (12 months). Last night covered up to September 11 2012 and the lawyer interviews through the season take place November 1-5 2012 and the end of the episode was the night of November 5 (Don said they were there for 5 days, that being the 5th day and both him and Will mentioned the election happening the next day, which would be November 6.). The last 2 episodes are title Election Night Part 1&2 so that brings it to a least November 7 2012 (10 months ago). So Pt 1 will probably be September 11-November 5 flashback and end on November 6 night and Pt 2 will November 6-7

Syria will be interesting next season with the fuck up with Genoa

Titan_sl

shitlord
Jesus did it really air on Aug 26th last year? Some reason thought it was later than that.

Next season they will have a lot to talk about in quick succession. Newtown, Syria, Snowden, Egypt + whatever other storyline they come up with.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I love this show because it tells me what the current events last year were. I can't wait until Season 3 to find out what happened this year!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Tonight's episode was like 45 minutes
frown.png

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Same with next weeks season finale I bet. Since they split it into two parts.

Was still a good episode. Sucks it will be almost a year till season 3.

However that's the way theses premium cable series are now 10-15 episodes a year and pray they don't get canceled.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The new hotness with TV programming is to break them up anytime you're scared of some event upstaging your viewership. Annoying as fuck.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
The new hotness with TV programming is to break them up anytime you're scared of some event upstaging your viewership. Annoying as fuck.
Not really. Labor Day, Columbus Day, Memorial Day are the major culprits (along with other major holidays from time to time), and have been for a long time. Occasionally a big event does push shows out a week, but ive rarely seen it done (only shows on whatever station the WS is on and shows that fall on SB Sunday). Doctor Who was notorious for that, and because those holidays dont happen in UK, the US got a week behind.

The ratings tank because many people are on trips and cant watch, smart idea although not for everyone.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Completely pointless for premium cable channels. EVERYONE has a DVR that subs to premium cable, and they don't carry advertisements.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Good Finale tonight.
Several plot lines closed nicely for next season.
Now the long wait for next July.