The Newsroom s3

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The rape thing was lame. "I'm scared of being raped everyday." Jesus. You got fucked up and were taken advantage. That now makes you think you'll get raped everyday? Stop taking eight different drugs simultaneously. Sounds like a Fedor post.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I take it with 1 episode left we're not going to get 'surprise, the government planted the suicide story to get to the source' ?

Looks unlikely since it would have fallen apart inside of a day probably, but was waiting for it.

Just watched 3 episodes today to get caught up... omg @ the last several minutes.
frown.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They staged the source's suicide to get to the source? How the fuck would that work.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
God I fucking love this show, problems aside, but last night's episode (2nd to last in S3) was just so, so, so horrible. Uggggggggggggggggggggggh. Goddamnit Sorkin.

Szlia

The random heart attack + slow mo' + sappy song was terribad. Just terribad (the now forever unresolved turnabout of Charlie is not much better). My only other complaint is the very end of the chat with the girl student. When the girl said, I paraphrase "that way the guys who even think about doing something inappropriate will feel the same fear I do", the journalist should have added "But the problem is that, because of the web site, guys who would never ever do something inappropriate also feel this fear."

On a side note, reading some of the comments, I wonder what people think this show is about for them to be surprised by the tone.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Agree again with most points given....sloppy writing all around this season.

This "Let's go ahead and make Jane Fonda and her son the good guys after all, then bring in a new bad guy for few episodes" sucks...no time to care about him or his motivations.

I did notice the other night time anchor "Elliot" fell off the face of the earth. (As did Maggie and her TV reporter storyline)

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Agree again with most points given....sloppy writing all around this season.

This "Let's go ahead and make Jane Fonda and her son the good guys after all, then bring in a new bad guy for few episodes" sucks...no time to care about him or his motivations.

I did notice the other night time anchor "Elliot" fell off the face of the earth. (As did Maggie and her TV reporter storyline)
A 6 episode season doesn't give much time to cover everything.

As for Charlie's turnaround, I read an interview with the guy who plays him, and he said that Charlie was doing what he was doing in order to keep the company alive to fight another day.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Charlie fought and lost and it was killing him (and killed him). Whatever.

Show is weird. The cast is amazing. The acting is great. The writing is pretentious and the story points are dumb. It's a weird mix.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The random heart attack + slow mo' + sappy song was terribad. Just terribad (the now forever unresolved turnabout of Charlie is not much better). My only other complaint is the very end of the chat with the girl student. When the girl said, I paraphrase "that way the guys who even think about doing something inappropriate will feel the same fear I do", the journalist should have added "But the problem is that, because of the web site, guys who would never ever do something inappropriate also feel this fear."

On a side note, reading some of the comments, I wonder what people think this show is about for them to be surprised by the tone.
The girl actually lost the argument at the end, when Don said they would turn it into a 'sport,' and she said she didn't care about her dignity all she cared about was 'winning.'

Which leaves two options: She is a rape victim and would end up regretting losing her dignity even further once her anger subsided, or she's a liar. Either way, it would be unethical to proceed with the story.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
that pretentious fuck dialed it in for most of this season and then went back to what the show was good at in the last 2 minutes. I want more episodes

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
As much as I think this show wasn't very good I'll admit to being kind of attached to the characters. Going to miss it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The last few minutes were pretty solid. Why can't he make the ENTIRE show like that? Just focus on the plausible realities of assembling and presenting the news, and less on the platitudes and love triangles. They never really got into print vs. tv either and the parallel between tv vs. web. There are plenty of people who never revered the 6 o' clock news hour in the first place.

Szlia

All in all that was a pretty good wrap up episode for a show that took a while to find its stride, never really managed true greatness and was maybe a little too self-conscious of the importance of its subject matter, but that's a nice problem to have. I liked how they found a way to redeem the girl student in there too. No confrontation between Sampat and McAvoy was a bit of a shame though.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
All in all that was a pretty good wrap up episode for a show that took a while to find its stride, never really managed true greatness and was maybe a little too self-conscious of the importance of its subject matter, but that's a nice problem to have. I liked how they found a way to redeem the girl student in there too. No confrontation between Sampat and McAvoy was a bit of a shame though.
I wasn't expecting one really after the moment they had before he ran. Because of that little sendoff though I was kinda afraid he was going to be killed somehow actually.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I felt like this show needed another 2 solid seasons for all the shit that was going on (with potential to keep going).

edit; woops spl tags

Did they even explain how Neil got back safely? He just appeared magically in the last 5 minutes, god damnit.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Don't think he was ever really in danger overseas, and just flew back. They mentioned his plane touching down or something at the funeral.