The Newsroom s3

khorum

Murder Apologist
Sorkin is actually regressing. This whole series was written and acted as if a first-time screenwriter was still adapting stageplays and somehow ended up directing the actors to TELL the story instead of shooting a film that SHOWS it. All the exposition is delivered by hammy, kitschy upper westside dialogue. It's bad enough with the hokey polemics but when he does it with the romance it's cringe-worthy.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, at least this time the characters are all a bunch of kitschy upper westside snobs anyway.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but he's been having an argument with his father for his entire life.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I can't remember ever having more of a love-hate relationship with a show. I mean, this has got to be one of the most pretentious shows ever created, and I would never recommend it to anyone. I can't think of any show that is more up its own ass than this one. However, I did end up limping along with it for three seasons, and I think somehow I did actually enjoy it overall.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, at least it never tried to pretend it wasn't pompous.

It even had that one totally self-aware moment when Maggie mentioned everyone at work talks in monologue.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
This was a good vehicle for Munn. I think she did well. She's not afraid to put herself out there doing stupid shit. I hope she gets another good part soon.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I think Olivia Munn did surprisingly well. I really, really like the guy who played Don as well and I feel like they had pretty good chemistry.