The NSA watches you poop.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Ben Swann recently did a report on how more Americans are having doubts on the official story, especially regarding building 7.
I thought the story on 7 was that it was a shit architectural design that really wasn't designed for 47 stories and they didn't want to cause panic because there are other shit architectural designs in NYC. IIRC, there was a PBS special on a building in midtown that would collapse in a Sandy sized storm. They spent millions putting in additional supports without telling the occupants.

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citigro...crisis_of_1978

The engineers did not recalculate what the construction change would do to the wind forces acting on two surfaces of the building's curtain wall at the same time; if hurricane-speed winds hit the building at a 45-degree angle, there was the potential for failure due to the bolts shearing. The wind speeds needed to topple the models of Citigroup Center in a wind-tunnel test were predicted to occur in New York City every 55 years. If the building's tuned mass damper went offline, the necessary wind speeds were predicted to occur every 16 years. Should the building fall, it would kill about 200,000 people and obliterate over 100 city blocks.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Twenty-Year-Old Requirement For 'Real-time, Full-time' Eavesdropping On Canadian Mobiles Revealed

For nearly two decades, Ottawa officials have told telecommunications companies that one of the conditions of obtaining a licence to use wireless spectrum is to provide government with the capability to monitor the devices that use the spectrum. The Sept. 17 kickoff of the auction-countdown process will underscore that commitment, made out of sight of most Canadians because it is deemed too sensitive by the government.
The secret agreement apparently contains specific details of what telecom companies must provide:

"Real-time, full-time" eavesdropping on conversations is just one of the capabilities sought by police, according to the standards. Authorities also want records of call logs, texts, keystrokes and other data, including "the most accurate geographical location known."
Communications made with encryption provided by the carrier must be decrypted:

Carriers that help their customers scramble communications must decrypt them. "Law enforcement requires that any type of encryption algorithm that is initiated by the service provider must be provided to the law-enforcement agency unencrypted."

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Without hurting my brain by clicking on the ignored bleach gargler's posts, I will say that the only part of the 9/11 tinfoil brigade that I ever gave any serious consideration too was the WTC7 collapse. No fucking way we engineered 9/11, considering how much of a colossal fuckup everything else that Bush/Cheney had a hand in ended up. But there were a lot of convenient skeletons to bury in 7 (like a lot of financial shenanigans that conveniently disappeared off the radar) and I could totally see someone deciding to pull the trigger on that to capitalize on the situation. A lot of rich people profited off of the destruction of WTC7 and its collapse in the middle of several untouched buildings remains the one thing that seems suspicious to the cynic in me.

But then again, there was so much incompetence leading up to the attack that allowed it to occur that I have to conclude that the monkey fuckers in the oval office at that time could never be that smart.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Fanaskin, no link to RSA actually using the NIST RNG that is possibly compromised? Possibly compromising the majority of encryption on the net and everything utilizing the RSA toolkit? SLACKING SON.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On the one hand, its horrific Orwellian shit. On the other hand, it is the inevitable consequence of the digital age. You guys can complain (and it does suck) but it is a lot like trying to put the nuclear genie back into the bottle at this point. The best you can hope for is to structure things in a manner that it is not more harmful to the general public. People flipped out about SS cards back in the day for similar reasons and now they are just a part of life and I think that is ultimately where we will be in a decade or two on this topic.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
On the one hand, its horrific Orwellian shit. On the other hand, it is the inevitable consequence of the digital age. You guys can complain (and it does suck) but it is a lot like trying to put the nuclear genie back into the bottle at this point. The best you can hope for is to structure things in a manner that it is not more harmful to the general public. People flipped out about SS cards back in the day for similar reasons and now they are just a part of life and I think that is ultimately where we will be in a decade or two on this topic.
I think there is a huge difference between something like intentionally weakening private industry cryptography and SSN cards. Think of the chilling effect this could have on commercial enterprises looking to use (or provide services for) cloud storage. Or privacy? health care? Shit could have very wide ranging impact. This is definitely not something that was inevitable, this is the government exceeding the bounds of what a government should be doing. If it is true, of course.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
But anyone with half a brain had to know that ultimately digital territory, like all other frontiers in human existence, would become the domain of the state. Anyone who has lived their lives over the entirety of the rise of the internet and globalized economy had to have had an inkling we were headed down this path. I am not saying I like it, but it was ultimately going to happen at some point. 9/11 just sped up the process.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
See, that's one thing I don't have a problem with. It's like insisting on knowing where your kids are, or reading their texts, or putting tracking apps on their phone. Perfectly reasonable as long as you keep it in the family.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Honestly, who wouldn't? Two things I would check daily: my ex's email and Scarlet Johanson's phone gallery.