The NSA watches you poop.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
What the fuck, are you getting recreational organ transplants or something? How can you possibly get that much shit done that you didn't need?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
6 surgeries, a few extended hospital stays. MRIS, Cat scans, likely 200+ doctors visits (including rehabs).

Best money that anyone else has ever spent on me. I feel great and my health is greatly improved. Rebuilding both my shoulders has especially been nice.

I wouldn't of bothered if it wasn't available to me, but I feel compelled to do it if I'm paying for the privilege.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm imagining cosmetic surgery along the lines of your handle.
Insurances dont cover vanity surgeries sadly
frown.png

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Screenshotted>
6 surgeries, a few extended hospital stays. MRIS, Cat scans, likely 200+ doctors visits (including rehabs).

Best money that anyone else has ever spent on me. I feel great and my health is greatly improved. Rebuilding both my shoulders has especially been nice.

I wouldn't of bothered if it wasn't available to me, but I feel compelled to do it if I'm paying for the privilege.
man, where are the death panels when you need them?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

So you DID need it but you only got it because you are covered now.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, and allegedly preventative care is less expensive than emergency care. The theory goes that if more people are covered, and are thus aware of their problems, being treated, and informed of risks that they'll cost less over time. It's like having firefighters and building codes rather than just re-building after every catastrophe.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So you DID need it but you only got it because you are covered now.
No he is just a hypochondriac and getting things "fixed" that might not actually being issues. Getting the standard issues fixed that life throws at him and 99.99% of the population just ignores as life.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No he is just a hypochondriac and getting things "fixed" that might not actually being issues. Getting the standard issues fixed that life throws at him and 99.99% of the population just ignores as life.
He got both shoulders reconstructed on a whim? I have a hard time believing that doctors just sign off on shit like that for no reason, my ex had some serious joint surgeries and it wasn't just the ortho guy going "it hurts? oh ok lets do a total hip replacement if you want to". Hence the MRI's he mentioned.

You and he are probably both trolling though.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
He got both shoulders reconstructed on a whim? I have a hard time believing that doctors just sign off on shit like that for no reason, my ex had some serious joint surgeries and it wasn't just the ortho guy going "it hurts? oh ok lets do a total hip replacement if you want to". Hence the MRI's he mentioned.

You and he are probably both trolling though.
He mentioned those as just a portion of his 1 MILLION DOLLARS in health care. You only mention the worst things not the mundane things. So out of all the things he had, the achy shoulders from getting older was the biggest issue. He said 6 surgeries and he only has two shoulders so unless the docs seriously screwed up the first surgery on each of them two times then he had at least 4 other things for things that you and I would ignore.

Things like joints if you go in enough times you can see whatever you want on an MRI/CAT both doctors and patients. I had a guy at work get 10 different opinions on his knee. They opened both up, one they thought was crap was the one that was good and the other one was worse off. They were both not that bad but since he was open they cleaned up minor scar tissue and made it run a bit smoother. Bam, knees reconstructed.

iannis

Musty Nester
I honestly am curious what they did to your shouler. That's the human bodies totalshitjoint, it's all ligaments and tendons. There is a ball and socket -- but what could they do? Were you growing bone spurs?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He mentioned those as just a portion of his 1 MILLION DOLLARS in health care. You only mention the worst things not the mundane things. So out of all the things he had, the achy shoulders from getting older was the biggest issue. He said 6 surgeries and he only has two shoulders so unless the docs seriously screwed up the first surgery on each of them two times then he had at least 4 other things for things that you and I would ignore.

Things like joints if you go in enough times you can see whatever you want on an MRI/CAT both doctors and patients. I had a guy at work get 10 different opinions on his knee. They opened both up, one they thought was crap was the one that was good and the other one was worse off. They were both not that bad but since he was open they cleaned up minor scar tissue and made it run a bit smoother. Bam, knees reconstructed.
I'm just working with what he gave us. The whole thing sounds absurd but knowing how quickly inpatient surgeries can rack up costs its not totally out of the realm of possibility. If he's getting his shit scoped and scraped and shit for the hell of it then he's an idiot IMO. If anyone ever told me they wanted to do joint surgery I would fight to every end to find other ways to deal with it personally. I also hate dealing with waiting rooms, being out of commission, even being off work for medical appointments so using health insurance just because I have it is absurd to me. Also, the copays alone would turn me off from using it just to use it.

I see your point though, it could have been more voluntary like you describe so I'll stand corrected. Still, its not totallyunneededjust because it isn't life threatening or preventing him from being crippled. Just that he would normally live with the problem.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I honestly am curious what they did to your shouler. That's the human bodies totalshitjoint, it's all ligaments and tendons. There is a ball and socket -- but what could they do? Were you growing bone spurs?
Totally from hearing other people talk, they scrape shit and grind down bone spurs and I don't know what else.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That's why I never said unneeded. Your body will have issues as you grow older and most people can handle that just fine.

The people that are out there to stick it to their insurance company like this moron though are not doing necessary things.

I have medical problems right now. We did a good battery of tests with some bloodwork and MRI. Nothing was conclusive. My insurance is good and I could keep getting tested until something was resolved. My GP is a little baffled by it but I am just going to wait a bit longer until the symptoms I am having are more indicative for a diagnosis. No sense in wasting time and money because I am alive and in minimal discomfort for me so might as well power through it.

This guy is a hypochondriac sticking it to the man and is one of the biggest problems in health care. Google some of the major diseases you hear about on TV shows like House. You will find forums of how they convince their doctors to find them the diagnosis they want. They aren't malicious people trying to one over the system. They are just people that have too much time on their hands, the Internet at their disposal, insurance companies writing them a blank check, and no regard for what their actions do to the health care industry.