The NSA watches you poop.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
A fundamental difference between a private corporation and the government is that if a private corporation wrongs you, you can sue them and tell other people about it. They'll have to deal with the resulting PR shitstorm. If the government serves a warrant to Verizon, they're prohibited from telling anyone about it.

As for PRISM: wasn't this in place at the time of the Boston marathon bombing? Didn't that guy post on Twitter and Facebook?

Maybe there's just a huge success rate of prevented attacks that lead to criminal cases with gag orders, so nobody ever heard about them... secret evidence leading to secret trials and secret prisons. And that's why giving information to private companies is not remotely comparable: the worst they can do is send you targeted advertisement or ban you from their service, and they have a financial interest only in the former.
Exactly.

The bold is the real takeaway here: With how big of an internet footprint the Tsarnaev brothers had and the amount of intel the Russians had on them, we can see how impotent PRISM really is (possibly). The more I think about this, the more it just seems as if it is the U.S. government's personal tool to snoop on the world.

Who watches the Watchmen?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
according to its box office totals, not that many people.
smile.png

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Ed Snowden's girlfriend

EXCLUSIVE: NSA whistle blower Ed Snowden was considering marrying his beautiful ballerina girlfriend as she tells how she is 'adrift' after he left her in Hawaii and fled to Hong Kong to leak secrets
Lindsay Mills, 28, is reportedly the girlfriend Edward Snowden left behind when he leaked information about PRISM surveillance
Mills is a ballerina who attended the Maryland Institute College of Art
She performs with the Waikiki Acrobatic Troupe

Read more:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2Vs6MlaKC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...at-troupe.html

article-2339202-1A403DD1000005DC-977_640x629.jpg

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I am actually very surprised at the amount of people defending this.
It's a critical turning point in our civilization. It really is. I sure hope people will stand up, we won't get that chance much longer.
I hope Obama really gets fucked by this and hopefully it pushes back the tide of at least open data gathering that companies/gubment do. I've been pissed since Patriot Act and trying everything I can do to hide my trace even though I'm a normal law abiding citizen. I wasn't cool with it then and I'm not cool with it now, but like others have said people are too fat and happy at the moment to really be angry because they are just about to get that new 65" flat screen from wally world next paycheck.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
999_always-remember-no-matter-how-hot-she-is-somewhere-some-guy-is-tired-of-putting-up-with-her-crap.png

I wonder if the reason he blew the whistle on this was because he was tired of her shit and wanted to find a way to get away from her?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This system is only as good as people controlling it and as long as human factor is involved, there will be errors, so it's only a matter of time until either somebody breaks in, or leaves the door open. This is jackpot for every state sponsored hacker in the world right now. I suppose this is also the reason why certain states like the idea of their own internet, namely China and Iran. Since we probably won't have more privacy on the internet anytime soon, just scrap the concept altogether.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Cryptology, bro. This shit isn't accessible to every jackass with a "Free 100 hours of AOL" cd.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This is why the Democrats are more dangerous to the bill of rights/civil liberties than Republicans. Whenever Republicans try something like this, the Dems all scream bloody murder. When Obama does it, they either say "Bush did it too!", sit on their hands and go "Yay our team" or if they do complain, no one gives a shit because they're still going to vote Democrat anyway.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
This is why the Democrats are more dangerous to the bill of rights/civil liberties than Republicans. Whenever Republicans try something like this, the Dems all scream bloody murder. When Obama does it, they either say "Bush did it too!", sit on their hands and go "Yay our team" or if they do complain, no one gives a shit because they're still going to vote Democrat anyway.
Bush proposes and gets the Patriot Act passed.

Its the Democrats fault

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Obama supporters are more and more pissed at him too. If Bush was still in office the rationalizations from the right would be deafening.

OFWGKTA_sl

shitlord
who would have thought that the software company that developed PRISM was run by LOTR fanboys.http://valleywag.gawker.com/palantir...batt-512299692

"ave the Shire, simply put, means to make the world we love and treasure a better place-to protect it from terrorists, fraudsters, cyber spies, etc. through our software. The name Palantir comes from the Lord of the Rings (LoTR). A Palantir was a magical seeing stone that essentially let you see what was happening in lands far off (the Middle Earth equivalent of making sense of the world). The Shire was the home of the Hobbits. As you may recall from the story, the hobbits were reluctant heroes who didn't seek adventure or to leave their comfortable and idyllic Shire-they only did so because of existential risk (the forces of evil wanted to destroy the Shire and the Hobbits). And so these very short humanoid like creatures contributed to the mission in important ways. They were unconventional and odd looking warriors, but they were all heart and fought valiantly for the forces of good.

And so for this motley crew of computer scientists in Silicon Valley, removed from the happenings of DC, Iraq, Afghanistan, Haiti, Colombia, the Horn of Africa, Indonesia, the Philippines, India, Pakistan, and many others places where the forces of evil conspire against us and place humanity under many forms of existential threat including terrorism, proliferation of nuclear weapons, large scale humanitarian disasters, mortgage fraud of enormous scale used to raise money for organized crime, cyber espionage (even against the Dalai Lama), and many more forms of malfeasance, we see it as incumbent upon us to do what we can with the skills we have to "Save the Shire". we build very powerful software that allows the modern day equivalents of middle earth warriors in every discipline be more effective against the adversary. "

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Obama supporters are more and more pissed at him too. If Bush was still in office the rationalizations from the right would be deafening.
Pretty much.

I am very unhappy with PRISM, but after 10 years of the Patriot Act I am starting to wonder whether this kind of data aggregation is simply an evolution of our society and in the end, simply inevitable. I wish Bush and Co. didn't open the Pandora's Box back in 2001. But more than likely - if he hadn't, someone else would have afterwards. The public resolve only gets quicker after every successful attack (which is how these programs are sold to the public) instead of getting stronger. Its only a matter of time until people like the Tsarnaev Bros wear down the public resolve and those 4th amendment safeguards get broken down.

- John Boehner says Snowden is a traitor andyou have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide.

"I've been briefed on all of these programs. Remember, this is all past- and- and broad bipartisan majorities in both the House and Senate. And- and when you look at these programs, there are clear safeguards. There's no American who's gonna be snooped on in any way- unless they're in contact- with some terrorists somewhere around the world."
- Paul Krugman says we areleaning toward an authoritarian police state.

It's a strange day on the Blaze today.