The Official Guitar Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I know there are a billion free and paid ways to learn or expand your guitar knowledge but I just wanted to give a shout out to Bernth Brodträger. I just joined his Patreon and the lessons are really, really good. Very concise and meaningful and focuses not just on what you should do but how to go about doing it. His "10 Steps" course seemed a little gimmicky at first but I'm really enjoying the standalone lessons. Check him out on YouTube at least.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Anyone see the vids yesterday of the new Fender Mustang micro amp that's just an instrument plug you use with a headphone? Looked much better than the other ones I've seen. Didn't seem all that bad and could actually be somewhat useful just sitting around at times. $99 pick a dozen or so amps, a dozen or so effects and a few other things thruough the switches on it. Gonna wait and see after a real user uses it and talks about it.

Borzak

Pre ordered one. If it sucks it's cheap enough to sell off or just write it off. Sweetwater said about a month.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know I said my next guitar would be a PRS or Kiesel, but I really like every review I've seen of the esp ltd piezo.

New job just gave my a nice unexpected raise during my 6 month review, so the urge to buy is high.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've been trying to snag an Eastman Romeo (normal or SC) for 2 god damned months and I think my ship might finally be coming in. Spoke to somebody at Eastman yesterday who said they were discontinuing the SC version after only being out for a few months because the top carve was more complex with the single coil and it was easier to produce the normal humbucker version.

Soundpure has one (SC) coming in a few weeks (allegedly) and I'm first on the list. The stoke is high, as I've been extremely impressed by their acoustic range and have heard very good things about the electrics. Anxious to see how the lipstick sounds through that body, but I've not really ever been enamored with that pup, so I hope it'll be easy to replace if necessary.

• 1Like

sukik

I resisted the urge to buy something new for now. I want to finish my project guitars first.

First up, I've got an HSS monoprice guitar that has nice low action and feels really nice for the price point. I put a tusq nut and locking tuners on it. It needs some new pickups and probably heavier strings since I have it in drop d flat for learning alice it chains. It has 9s on it, and they feel really flubby. I'm thinking 10s or 11s so I can use it for lower tunings. Can anyone recommend a good metal humbucker for the bridge(non-jb)? I may just leave out the single coils if I can't think of any good replacements.

Next is my Harley benton single cut. I put some hipshot locking tuners on it, and tusq nut. For the pickups I think I'm going to do a JB/Jazz set. I also may put 10s back on this one since it doesn't feel right if I put it in drop D.

Both will get new pots, switches and wiring, since is as much an excercise is learning about the guitar maintenance, as it is the end result.

Borzak

Pretty soon nothing will be left of it but the box it came in, but it's all original :)

• 1Like

sukik

Pretty soon nothing will be left of it but the box it came in, but it's all original :)

Pretty much. Only the husk will be the same by the time I'm done. I bought'em with the idea that I'd eventually use them in an upgrade project if the base was fine, which they are.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I was fortunate to receive a monumental bonus this year, and to commemorate it I did a thing....

Have a new Froggy Bottom "M" en route, per Froggy one of the last guitars Michael Millard boxed entirely on his own before his psuedo-retirement. I already own a number of Mahogany acoustics, but I suspect several of them will be on the chopping block soon (got my Bourgeois Slope D sold on Reverb already, which makes me think I priced it too low).

Extremely excited, and having listened to several sound samples I suspect this will become an heirloom guitar.

My wife only knows it was "a little over $5k, no biggie".

Also, My Romeo-SC from Eastman is arriving this Friday and I'm really excited for that as well. Will post thoughts once received.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Pretty sure sweetwater is largest buyer of Bit O'Honey in the US.

• 2Worf

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone here use Moises.ai | Mastering & Audio Extraction App powered by AI ?
Extract vocals and instruments from any audio/video file. Create samples and remixes using high-fidelity audio stems powered by AI.

I downloaded the iphone app a couple weeks ago and just got around to trying it on their web page. The free version is a little warbly so far, but the track separation is pretty solid.

Copy/paste any youtube link and you have vocals/drums/bass/etc in a couple minutes
1614925989957.png

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was using another one awhile back but it was pretty bad and complicated to use so ditched it.(think i even posted about it here) Will have to give this a look see

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bringing that slide back! Thornley is so damn good at slide.

• 1Like

Moebiwan

shitlord
Bringing that slide back! Thornley is so damn good at slide.

I know Derek Trucks is widely considered the slide guru, but Ian plays slide in a way I've never heard anyone play. And he's not even in love with slide.

• 1Like