The Official Guitar Thread

Palum

what Suineg set it to
PRS SE Custom 24 so good. I just can never find one in stock in a color that isn't baby puke yellow.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Sold my Dean Edge Q4 Bartolini the other day. I think i made a mistake :/

rrr_img_104668.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's normal, kids these days can't even learn a guitar controller with more than 5 buttons, so 4 strings is still extremely complicated.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sold my Dean Edge Q4 Bartolini the other day. I think i made a mistake :/
I almost sold my Musicman about a year ago when money was tight, had a buyer lined up and everything. The wife talked me out of it even though she thinks it was dumb purchase to begin with. Glad she did.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I always wanted a Gretsch country gentlemen to augment my Tele's. But I lost the ability to play the guitar. Your Gretsch looks great tho, they have that something special.

2401135892_frt_wmd_001.png

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I've fancied a Gretsch for ages, one of my favourite singer/guitarists Richard Hawley plays a Gretsch pretty much on all of his songs and it makes the nosie I like. No way I can justify a couple of grand on a second guitar though, but could possibly get the 5422 if the wife is in a good mood
smile.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Does anyone know the release schedule or more info on the Fender 10 for 15 thing? The greyed out part looks like a Mustang and I really want one, but the current stable of production is kind of meh. I should have picked up that pawn shop special Mustang for cheap years ago when I found it

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So EBMM released a special limited edition JP15. $3100 is a bit rich but it's still tempting. Sweet quilted blue color.

Seventh

Golden Squire
So EBMM released a special limited edition JP15. $3100 is a bit rich but it's still tempting. Sweet quilted blue color.
Fucking awesome looking fiddle, fo'sho. I paid ~2k for my mystic dream JP6, and for an extra grand I'd be all over it if I was in the market for one. That trem is RIDICULOUSLY good. It's non-locking and it stays in tune just as good as (if not better than) all of my higher end fully locking setups. EBMM makes some seriously great guitars.

Moebiwan

shitlord
Spent the weekend looking for a new guitar. Played a veritable shit ton. I've mostly been a Fender guy, having owned a couple of Strats and Teles over the years but for some reason I had my mind set on a Les Paul. I hadnt considered Epiphone, really, until I rounded the corner of a rack and saw this thing. Some time later it was nestled snug in my music room.
Plays like a dream. Sits right. The fretboard is like butter, no snags, no bum frets, just smooth as glass. I can't say enough good things about this guitar. If I had spent $2000 on a Gibson and passed this Epiphone up, I'd be out of my mind.
I dont love the pot knobs so I'm thinking chrome to match the hardware or cream/ivory to match the binding? Any suggestions?

Attachment 109783

rrr_img_109784.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was visiting a friend in Colorado this past week. He's a professional musician and has all sorts of cool shit. When I arrived he had JUST purchased an early 70s Marshall and a late 60s ES-335. Holy shit. What a combo.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I bet. That thing sounded like a dream. Like how a Marshall should really sound.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The only thing I've felt to come close to Marshall sound is the Splawn amps. Haven't played one in awhile, but they're so good.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
Fucking awesome looking fiddle, fo'sho. I paid ~2k for my mystic dream JP6, and for an extra grand I'd be all over it if I was in the market for one. That trem is RIDICULOUSLY good. It's non-locking and it stays in tune just as good as (if not better than) all of my higher end fully locking setups. EBMM makes some seriously great guitars.
I'm trying very hard to resist the Majesty, or a JPX. I'm not succeeding. If I can find one locally to play that'll seal the deal for me.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
my niece wanted me to learn "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus

Vocaroo | Voice message

she sings it better than i do, but the version i recorded with her on vocals is on my phone and IDK how to upload it.

Moebiwan

shitlord
Figured this would go here. Great interview with Ian Thornley. He plays and talks technique, gear, and pretty much geeks on guitar out for close to an hour.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Figured this would go here. Great interview with Ian Thornley. He plays and talks technique, gear, and pretty much geeks on guitar out for close to an hour.

Every guitarist on this board should watch every second of this. Ian's such an incredible guitarist. What's insane is his slide playing is as good as his shredding.