The Official Guitar Thread

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Must be guitar season. I almost bought this over the weekend. Was something new, always wanted a Gretsch, even a cheap one, and something other than my two telecasters. Was $319 over the weekend.

Gretsch G2655T

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Haven't posted in awhile but I'm back on the 7-string bandwagon with my Ibanez Universe. Replaced Blaze humbuckers with SD Nazgul/Sentient. Possibly the greatest guitar I've ever played.

It's a big unique in that it's 1997, where 1998 was the first year it was release. So this was of the first batch to be released in 1998.

33895709_10155697157607532_2632126177132675072_o.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
grabbed a Gretsch Rambler, got a last half of '59 one even though I was hoping to find the weirder one that was pre '59 remake. First old guitar that I've bought that had absolute dogshit intonation but I managed to get it all setup. Pretty kick ass slide guitar so far. Sorry for shitty pic

IMG_20180803_193545.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
What's the guitar on the left? That's gorgeous.
Masterbuilt 1969 reissue doublecut penguin. I do not deserve that guitar in any way shape or form other than lucking into being able to have the cash to grab it and having a long standing relationship with the guys at my favorite guitar shop. God tier Stephen Stern build

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Restringing a few guitars this week and realized this baby turned 30 years old this month. Still my primary work-horse.
38269191_10156518726711081_7704755017843998720_n.jpg
38223076_10156518727151081_9126479387133214720_n.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

I'm 47 and my telecaster is older than I am and been in the family longer than I have lol. No Les Paul tho sorry.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Awesome! I only wish mine was worth the value of a 30 year LP back in 1988!
Hah yeah. The way I look at it, it's a solid beast and hopefully one of my kids picks up guitar and I can pass it down like my dad did to me

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

My guitar strings shipped from TX thru Amazon to get to MS are right at 8 weeks and still not here. Got to love the USPS, started UPS and then handed over to USPS. Twice it got within 40 miles away only to be shipped from new New Orleans to Jacksonville, FL which is 9 hours away. to start over again. Same adress I always use and same adress from the same company a week before shipped the same way that took 4 days. If it ever gets here at least it's free as I got a refund. Too bad it was only 4 sets of strings, some picks, all stuff that wold fit in an envelope. Good thing I found my other strings lol. I had to get some stuff sent registered mail so I asked the post master, he said never get anything shipped where they hand off from UPS/FEDEX to USPS cause at the post office stations they do the hand over stuff goes missing like crazy and he said "You think postal workers are bad, these are the people that can't get a good paying job at the USPS".

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Hah yeah. The way I look at it, it's a solid beast and hopefully one of my kids picks up guitar and I can pass it down like my dad did to me
An absolutely amazing way to think about it sir. If you have an instrument from the years that they were still making the shit out of them and making them right it's such an incredible feeling to know that something of that quality can be in your family for generations and allow your kids to always have something great to build their talents with.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
An absolutely amazing way to think about it sir. If you have an instrument from the years that they were still making the shit out of them and making them right it's such an incredible feeling to know that something of that quality can be in your family for generations and allow your kids to always have something great to build their talents with.
The way I look at that, and probably the way my dad looked at it - I never went anywhere with guitar professionally, but having such a quality instrument to start on was a leg up on other people.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I had to start with a garbage $150 Epiphone. A friend of mine actually still has it. I was visiting earlier this summer and I saw it on the wall in his office. Played it for a bit and holy shit - I'm surprised I ever gig'ed with that piece of shit.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I had to start with a garbage $150 Epiphone. A friend of mine actually still has it. I was visiting earlier this summer and I saw it on the wall in his office. Played it for a bit and holy shit - I'm surprised I ever gig'ed with that piece of shit.

My first was a burgundy Epiphone Les Paul Special II.

My current guitar didn't cost much more, Epi Les Paul Studio Gothic, but it's worlds better than that Special II was.

Wish I wasn't poor lol.

At least my Little Martin acoustic is awesome for the price.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
My first was a Gibson Les Paul Studio that I found for like $360 I think. Only one I had for years until I spent 14 months paying off an SG Deluxe on layaway which one of my friends thought would be funny to steal at a big party at my house then he dropped it on the ground when he was giving it back and put a hairline crack in the neck

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My brother lifted up my case really fast and it wasn't latched (my fault). Les Paul hit the cement floor face first. Thankfully only a knob broke.

• 1WTF