The Official Guitar Thread

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I got my Suhr last night and am completely blown away by it. Craftsmanship is on another level from anything ive ever played. Tone on every single pickup configuration is distinct and beautiful with tons of options with humbucker/single coil push pull. I have a '99 Gibson Les paul that is very sentimental to me, i saved up money earning $4.75/hr working on a farm and bought it when I was 15 years old. I am really having a hard time trying to figure out a reason to ever play it again. Suhr just blows it away in every category. Im actually thinking about trading it in on a Suhr blonde tele or a PRS McCarty 594. Ive battled for 20 years trying to get my LP standard to stay in tune and I'm about done with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Nice to hear you are loving it. I've been eye balling the Music Man John Pertrucci collection lately, man they look nice.

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
From the research I did on the higher end non Fender strats it seems like G+L, EBMM, Suhr, and James Tyler seem to have the best consensus of their respective price ranges. Tom Anderson and PRD Silver Sky seem more hit or miss. Suhr was the one I felt the most comfortable ordering without playing first.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nice to hear you are loving it. I've been eye balling the Music Man John Pertrucci collection lately, man they look nice.
Yeah I want one too. The 7s are one of the top 7s you can buy

I mean from what I hear, can't play them anywhere

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The music man 7s are nice. I couldn't get past the lack of a floyd though. It had locking tuning keys, but I still had trouble with my g string staying in tune after some sick bends.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've never had an piezo electric guitar which is what led me to the music man in the first place. I'm still not quite ready to pull the trigger but fairly confident it will be my next guitar purchase.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If it plays as nice as it sounds it will likely end up replacing my hollow body electric and my godin multiac.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Only thing I never liked was separate input Jack's. I guess you can just send the piezo to a Roland jc120 or something

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So I took a shot on reverb.com on a used Doyle Dike Signature listed for $1399. I offered $1150 and they accepted, pretty shocked right now. It was listed as excellent so hopefully that is accurate.

Should be able to sell my multiac grand concert for 7-800 I think to compensate some of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I bought a Mesa mark V a few months ago thinking that would be the last amp i needed. Now i find myself wanting a Friedman BE50 Deluxe, cause you know, I need that marshall tone. WTF is wrong with me?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So new Godin showed up looks, feels, and plays like it is brand new. Only thing about it that looks used is the case. I'm not playing 'jazz in the box' yet but give it time. :D

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
So it happened. I went in to the local music shop today to change out the pickups on my les Paul. I went with SD ‘59 neck and a Pearly gates bridge. But then on the wall I see one of the nicest PRS 24-08 10 tops I’ve ever seen. I really couldn’t pass it up. Got a good deal I think at $3,550 plus tax. Was trying to get good pictures but it’s difficult with my phone camera. So pleased with these last two guitars I got and I’ll keep them until the day I die and then they’ll go to my nephew.

07735136-6319-49B2-B5F8-03593088263B.jpeg

4F3C704A-FD22-4DB2-A286-6DD33A673F9C.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was in a guitar center earlier today returning some schaller locking tuners I didn't end up wanting. I managed to not spend 3.5k :p

Looks awesome.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Surprised he would do that. He mentions them going off to make new music, hardly. More like a glass case w/ more security than a king of some third world nation.