The Official Guitar Thread

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
713gsVOZaAL._SL1500_.jpg

This wound up being the one. Sustaniac is cool, not sure how practical, but something fun to mess with for the time being.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is that a hellraiser? I had trouble with neck thickness. Welcome to the schecter club. Got fishmans in mine but no Floyd

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Bought a Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster and one of those dirt cheap Monoprice 15W tube amps. Spending my time twanging instead of shit posting.

712502.jpg

6118155.jpg

Hoping the Steam Summer sale puts Rocksmith on sale and I'll dick around with that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Is that a hellraiser? I had trouble with neck thickness. Welcome to the schecter club. Got fishmans in mine but no Floyd

Yep, it's a hellraiser. This is my second Schecter, I have a Super Shredder as well and it's been awesome.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Steam did put Rocksmith on the summer sale for $8.99. And songs for $1.79. I went a bit retarded and dropped $70

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I know nothing about rocksmith. Just out of curiousity I looked on steam. Kind of suprised at some of the DLC they have. Some Hank Williams.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Honestly man if you want to play blues, learn the minor pentatonic scale then YouTube "blues back track" and just play notes from the scale. Not even joking, do that. That's what blues is all about

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I know a few blues scales from harmonica. Just struck me as odd that the RS catalog is missing what is the backbone of all rock n roll.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I know a few blues scales from harmonica. Just struck me as odd that the RS catalog is missing what is the backbone of all rock n roll.

They've got a decent enough blues selection. I don't know how well blues lends to Rocksmithing anyway. It's more about improvisation than anything.

Tried out some amps this weekend. Anyone checked out the PRS Mark tremonti amps? I thought it sounded sick as hell for a $650. Think I might go back and buy one...

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't tried out amps in a long time. I still have a Mark IV in Oregon I need to get down to Colorado, left it in our jam room at work. Got it back in 92 or so. Thought Colorado would be a sorta temp thing but here I am a year later looking for a new place. Find myself looking on reverb.com at Kempers far more than I should be tho.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They've got a decent enough blues selection. I don't know how well blues lends to Rocksmithing anyway. It's more about improvisation than anything.

Tried out some amps this weekend. Anyone checked out the PRS Mark tremonti amps? I thought it sounded sick as hell for a $650. Think I might go back and buy one...
At that price 5150

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I think I know the direction I'm going amp wise. Monoprice 15w. They are only 250 and sound absolutely awesome. For anyone who wants a killer tube amp for a transistor price, check these out.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
So last week I finally got my Axe-FX III Fractal in the mail. Holy....Fucking....Shit....I've had just a few hours of sleep over the past few days while I've dialed in tones. King's X - Out of the Silent Plant - Check. Rush - Moving Pictures - Check. Big Wreck - In Loving Memory Of - Check. Porcupine Tree - Deadwing - Check. U2 - Unforgettable Fire - Check. Alice in Chains - Dirt - Check.

The list goes on. My room of amps are about to collect an unhealthy amount of dust.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user