The Official Guitar Thread

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Wish I wasn't too chicken shit to buy a used guitar site unseen other than a pic. Lot of the prices now on used are pretty close to new.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I know Ibanez has been around forever and make some good guitars. I don't know jack about them at all. Thinking of buying a hollowbody that would normally be labeled a jazz guitar I guess. Mostly used for what most would call rock a billy. Two pounds lighter than one of my teles would be a huge bonus now.

I got a neck humbucker in one of my teles finally. Fender was selling the neck humbucker from the 70s classics that come with a humbucker pretty cheap.

Pros/Cons?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Ibanez is confusing because their model names suck and sound like droids from Star Wars. They also have so many fucking models that cater to every level of player. The high end stuff is legit though.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
My father-in-law has an AS93 which is really nice, especially for the price. Stays in tune well and the neck is great. The obvious competitors are the newer Epiphones, which seem pretty good to me too.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Or the 54XX or 56XX Gretsch, all depends on what you want. I love my Gretsch Broadkaster jr but that's obviously way up the price scale from the cheaper Gretsch's, but they're still really nice.

Last edited:

Borzak

Ibanez is confusing because their model names suck and sound like droids from Star Wars. They also have so many fucking models that cater to every level of player. The high end stuff is legit though.

Yeah their model names I'm trying to wrap my head around. Looking on their site gives details about the models but doesn't say XX model has YY which sets it apart from the other 49 models.

I'm sure there is a code to what all the letters mean stuck in with the numbers, but no idea how it breaks down yet.

Edit - found it. There's an entire wiki page that goes on and on deonating what each number where and what letter means and it changes from time to time. Makes sense....

Last edited:

Moebiwan

shitlord
Just spotted this on BW's Instagram...

BW.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've heard a few clips and they sound great. Sekou (drummer when Ian was doing "Thornley" is back and replaced Dave who played drums on the past few albums. Should bring a heavier hand and sound.
On a side note, SUHR was making a custom order for Brian (BW rhythm guitar) and finished it just after he passed away from cancer. Ian the band are going to auction it off for charity. Strat style with antiqued finish and a few custom touches. Looks incredible and Ian should be sharing it soon on Instagram.

• 1Like

Borzak

Digging around on a few sites backordes are crazy. Sweetwater and Chicago music exchange had a date they expect more, Feb 2022.

Borzak

Have mercy on my soul lol. Thinking about an Epiphone Les Paul Muse. The colors are named after womens makeup. It's lighter than a standard, chambered body and thinner and has a belly cut. Ineed the less weight. I thought about a hollowbody which are much lighter but also thicker which is another issue.

But yeah some on Reverb for some stuff, but even the big sellers are getting thin and you see one or two depend on which guitar that have been on Reverb 6 months....

• 1Like

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Going for the purple passion? :)

I don't know why but LP guitars look weird to me when painted (except the black or gold ones). I quite like the blue but I'd never buy an LP in it, but that's just me. The weight reduction would be nice though, my main gripe with the LP' is they feel like you're holding a block of tungsten or something.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Esp and epiphone seem to do a better job of making a "modern" LP. AMS has that Gibson LP lite for 1900 that looks ESP sized in a fantastic honey burst.

As far as the muse goes, I love the look of this.

images.jpeg

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Eastman makes an excellent LP "knockoff" that is in many ways superior to anything but custom shop Gibson LP's these days for a fraction of the cost.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Eastman makes an excellent LP "knockoff" that is in many ways superior to anything but custom shop Gibson LP's these days for a fraction of the cost.

I'm gonna make the plunge and buy one of their 335 copies someday soon. They look like great guitars.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hope you do! Anxious to hear somebody else's thoughts on here - I've got some buddies who swear they are just as good as the copies and some who swear they feel like cheap chinese toys. I reckon it's somewhere in the middle but to my ear and hands a lot closer being just as good, particularly in the fit/finish department. If I didn't have a Heritage 535 I'd definitely own one of their 335's.

Romeo SC keeps trucking along, great instrument with a unique sound. Also just bought the little Fender practice amp doo-hickey and it's great for practice and only $100.
I'm gonna make the plunge and buy one of their 335 copies someday soon. They look like great guitars.

Moebiwan

shitlord
Speaking of knock-offs, I bought this from allinoneguitars.com a few months ago. I was bummed by the QC initially (a couple of cloudy inlays, the routing on the input jack is terrible, and the truss rod cover is just wrong), but this thing plays really well and sounds fantastic. No, you're not gonna throw out your Custom 24 for it, but for a $450 imitator (with a Gator case) it's found a place among my collection.

Attachments

• W400.jpg
    W400.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sweetwater rep I always use sent an email saying a industry wide price increase on a lot of brands is coming in the next few weeks. He sends these to me once and awhile so not sure if this a standard email everyone gets or what not but passing it along here in case you are on the fence on something