The Old Man

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Welp you've convinced me to watch it! Banshee was top notch brutal entertainment.

This is nothing like Banshee so far, LMAO, I'm actually kicking myself for not calling out this nonsense already LMAO

I mean, the thing I remember from banshee was some dude getting his cock bitten off lol

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
This is nothing like Banshee so far, LMAO, I'm actually kicking myself for not calling out this nonsense already LMAO

The fights are like Banshee in that they are ugly, bad for everyone involved, and have lasting consequences. There's no casual one punch knockouts and walking away off serious injuries.

The non-fighting parts are, of course, nothing like Banshee.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Watched 1st ep and will keep watching, but the end fight was dumb. He has two trained attack dogs that he let out the car, but waits until he's getting bundled into car to call for help. Then somehow they're able to keep up with the truck to save him however many KM later, lol.

Just goes to show nitpicking bad writing isn't exclusive to Obi-Wan

That was a bit weird, but makes sense if he actually loves his dogs and doesn't want them to get shot. Also, with the running theme that's he is no longer as badass as he thinks he is.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The fights are like Banshee in that they are ugly, bad for everyone involved, and have lasting consequences. There's no casual one punch knockouts and walking away off serious injuries.

There's been one fight so far, so it's premature to compare it to anything else. It was an extended fight sequence for sure, that resembled other special force type fighting scenes/styles.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That was a bit weird, but makes sense if he actually loves his dogs and doesn't want them to get shot. Also, with the running theme that's he is no longer as badass as he thinks he is.

They're clearly trained guard dogs, as shown earlier during the failed hit attempt and later by the pursuit and kill

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Enjoyed the first episode. Lots of action. Felt a lot like Taken but he’s going after the bad guys if they go for his daughter. I got a good chuckle when he was getting his hair pulled in the fight so he pulled the other guys hair lol.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
For something moving this slow, this show is damn good at making you want to see what happens next.
My vote is he drugged her or something and put her in the trunk, but then why go to a place to bury a body...

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Third episode dragged a bit. Another example of Dog Ex Machina, which is eventually going to get tiresome if it keeps happening.

I'll keep watching for now because there's not much else to watch

spronk

FPS noob
havent watched yet waiting till all eps drop but show renewed for season 2!

• 1Like

Animosity

Episode 3 was ok. Not as good as the first 2. But awesome to know its renewed for another season.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Watched them all last night. This bringing back of the smokey atmospheric slow burning fuse style shows is enjoyable. Tokyo Vice was like that as well. But something is really lacking, I really didnt care at all about any of the characters or their motivations. This better start filling in some pieces to explain why the 4 main people are all fucking retarded.

The slow burn was done much better in other shows. Season 1 of Murder One was probably the best serial to ever pull it off imo.

404468.jpg

Oldbased

> Than U
Liking this show. Didn't even know about it until Hulu suggested this or some faggotry shit. I choose this.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Fourth episode is boring. The flashbacks are boring and I don't get why an American was allowed to go awol

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
no desire to keep watching this. Aborted 10 mins into 5th episode

This is actually pretty terrible the more I think about it. Started off as kind of a OAP Jason Bourne with a few brutal fight sequences. But the recent episodes have just been devoid of action. The flashbacks are boring because the guy playing young Jeff Bridges is dull and the plot makes no sense.

John Lithgow isn't convincing as a deep state type figure. His protege is boring etc

The most interesting thing was realising that the woman shacking up with Bridges was De Niro's love interest in HEAT

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Caught up tonight. Enjoy the show. Comparing Old Man and his dogs to Halle Berry's dogs in the John Wick movie. This puts the Halle Berry shit to shame. It's slow and that's ok.

They haven't said anything yet in the flashbacks if he sleeps with the wife but looking at his daughter I'm wondering if the mother was pregnant when she left Afghanistan. Maybe that's why the warlord got interested all of a sudden.

Animosity

The last few episodes of this have been just 3 hours of talking and not much story movement. The first few episodes made it seem like it was gonna be more action packed.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Young Lithgow nailed it, not sure what was more impressive him or the new twist. Good shit.