The Orville

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Why is this show so good? Wtf

The huge Star Trek fanboy in Seth is probably what is making this so good. I think it's stopping him from going way over the top with his humor while also giving us meaningful fun episodes.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Surprised the way eps 2 ended, this series got some balls.
Yeah, that gave me a lot of hope.

I think one of the things that i am really starting to really like about the show is that it almost feels more like the original star trek series in a weird way than any of the shows that came after it. By today's standards, the original series is incredibly outdated, campy, etc., and aside from the jokes, the Orville almost feels the same way to me, which in this case, is a really good thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
While the first 3 episodes seemed like hybrids, Episode 4 felt exactly like a Star Trek episode + Seth humor. Which is excellent.

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They're still overselling some jokes, like in the elevator instead of just letting it be awkward they had to talk about it.

I thought the elevator joke was telling. When they went with an awkward joke instead of someone cutting a fart, I knew this was going to be a show for highbrow humor.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I thought the elevator joke was telling. When they went with an awkward joke instead of someone cutting a fart, I knew this was going to be a show for highbrow humor.

i didn't like how they felt they had to explain the elevator joke at the end of it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
While the first 3 episodes seemed like hybrids, Episode 4 felt exactly like a Star Trek episode + Seth humor. Which is excellent.

Yea, tonight's episode really shows that the show has found it's stride. I was seriously impressed with this episode as much as I've already enjoyed the earlier episodes. Sure it wasn't a sitcom aiming at constant laughs, but had a pretty damn perfect balance of humor and Sci-Fi to be taken well for either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Isaac's prank was awesome. This episode was pretty good.

Btw, they did one of the smartest things I've seen on TV.

If you find a time portal, destroy it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Scott Grimes went full Steve Smith there when he realized what had happened to his leg. That was pretty awesome.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What would real trek have done with a two way time travelling wormhole?

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
What would real trek have done with a two way time travelling wormhole?
Emit a stream of positrons from the deflector array to displace the gravitons in the sub space matrix and collapse the singularity? After they have explored inside and stopped the Ferengi from posing as Yankee traders and enslaving humanity in colonial America.

• 3Worf

Caliane

Did they explain why destroying the wormhole didn't get them all killed?

Great episode.
nah. Timeloops were nonsense.
I mean, she even "back to the future" vanished... becuase she no longer had a reason to go back to the past. but... the teleporter she had, stayed. all her actions in the past still occurred...
They should have kept her around, stuck in this past, new timeline.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
We don't know if teleporter stayed, he put it in a drawer.

However I am of the mind that it stayed, thus they will eventually have a "transporter" like trek.

Or it will be needed someway this season.

• 1Like

Ganthorn

N00b
I think it is better without a teleporter. The teleporter just ends up being OP and they have to find a way for it not to work at every time something dangerous happens.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like