The Outer World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Poin Dexter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is not often I see something that hasn't been posted but here goes: The Outer Worlds, brought to us by the creators of Fallout and Fallout: New Vegas (Obsidian).

I have read this is being billed as Fallout in space, but I am kind of getting a Borderlands vibe from the announcement trailer. Here's hoping.

Forgive me as I suck at embedding videos, if a mod would like to fix this for me, I would appreciate it.

Edit: Fuck me, I did embed it lol.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, Obsidian Borderlands looks great.

*as we all forget about Obsidians alleged Toxic corporate culture.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Most of the people involved in Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas, and Planescape Torment, don't even work at Obsidian any more, particularly Avellone.

Along with the Microsoft purchase I just am cautious, hopeful, but cautious. I'm expecting a turd so hopefully if its good I will be pleasantly surprised.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
NEW! New Vegas, with maybe a hint of Bioshock and Borderlands? I'm in. Although I share hodj's concerns about the old blood being gone.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Love it. Kiss your ass goodbye Bethesda.

Edit: Crap. Read Hodj's post. Does Ropekid still work there?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty tired of the Fallout / Bioshock retro art design. It makes even less sense in a space game. But whatever, if it's a fun game, I'll play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They released a 15 minutes gameplay trailer today:

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So these guys do a very good job on story and atmosphere. Expect the game to be a buggy mess, but they have good post game support to patch.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Obviously a certain amount of caution after Fallout 76, but its from the folks who originally did Fallout and Fallout New Vegas, so...
The trailer looks fun at least.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Nah, totally different company. The reason NV was so good was because it wasn't made by the same people. :)

obsidion /= bethesda

Obsidian did new vegas along with a bunch of other great games. i'll definitely give them more benefit of the doubt then other studios. will keep an eye on this

disclaimer: this is their first title post Microsoft acquisition so we'll see

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

giphy.gif

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Nah, totally different company. The reason NV was so good was because it wasn't made by the same people. :)

Not to mention that
- They pitched the idea for New Vegas with 3 pages (originally called Fallout Sin City)
- They had lots of problems with the engine (duh) and had to cancel the development of several playable races because of it
- They made the game, which is by far the best Fallout in terms of story\writing since 1-2, in just 18 months

This is them making their own game, on their own time, not limited by the Fallout engine.

Yes please.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
It basically looks like fallout in space with a touch of wildstar aesthetic.

This one is going in the "will buy at release" pile. It might also be in the "got burned by freebasing hopium" pile, but i'm willing to take that risk.

Avalone isn't there anymore, so there's that. He's not the only competent writer in the world though, so there's also that!