The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Mudcrush policing the ancient civ thread: circa 1962, colorized:

neckbeards20.jpg
I'm heavier than that, have never had hair that long (when I tried growing it once, everyone told me not to for six months), and wasn't born yet in 1935.

Also, fuck the police!

• 4Dislike
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Colorado & North Dakota have enourmous drone R&D activities. What's described in that article isn't anything weird or tough. The only question mark I have is range/flight time. If a single flight is covering more than ~30 miles, you're getting up out of the "consumer" grade drones.

They're probably testing drone swarming like Intel, but I can do psuedo-swarming myself with $400 drones and $15 software.

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Carlson has all this Youngar Dryas stuff locked down. he also has an interesting theory about the Chicago Fire. a bunch of other major fires were reported in the region at the same time. the Mrs Oleary's cow story is probably bullshit

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Colorado & North Dakota have enourmous drone R&D activities. What's described in that article isn't anything weird or tough. The only question mark I have is range/flight time. If a single flight is covering more than ~30 miles, you're getting up out of the "consumer" grade drones.

They're probably testing drone swarming like Intel, but I can do psuedo-swarming myself with $400 drones and $15 software.
An update to this question. Certainly sounds like expensive drones if he has his shit together.

20200102_122412.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
An update to this question. Certainly sounds like expensive drones if he has his shit together.

View attachment 240740

Lots of VTOL / Transitional drones in the wild right now. The delta wing style drones also have to fly faster than others to keep from stalling.

If they're flying back and forth in a grid pattern, at night & with multiple drones in the air at a time, I could see that being some sort of thermal/multispectral flight where they are trying to normalize the reflectance values as much as possible over the course of the flight. If 1 drone is mapping X acres and it takes 8 hours to cover it, multispectral & thermal mapping will be harder because of environmental changes occurring over the course of the flight. Swarm mapping at night is a potential way to address that problem. Could also be a search & rescue type test. I remember reading a story about an algorithm for methodically searching for someone based off of human predictability in crisis situations. Thermal at night with a drone swarm seems like a good way to test it out.
1577997252431.png

1577997271048.png

1577997287022.png

1577997346234.png

1577997359076.png

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>