The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
6 Reaper drone captures of UFO's dropping tonight apparently.

WELLLLLL?

Just realized a bunch of these have been spotted over Syria and Iran. The top suspects for it being advanced human technology are obviously the US, Russia, and China, but I'd say it's equally possible it's Israel. Blows me away how they've been allowed to do so much off-books weapons development and been totally exempt from the global community's rules.

That said, if the speeds reported are true, it ain't human tech. Probably drones collecting data/samples.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

• 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
WELLLLLL?

Just realized a bunch of these have been spotted over Syria and Iran. The top suspects for it being advanced human technology are obviously the US, Russia, and China, but I'd say it's equally possible it's Israel. Blows me away how they've been allowed to do so much off-books weapons development and been totally exempt from the global community's rules.

That said, if the speeds reported are true, it ain't human tech. Probably drones collecting data/samples.
A military buddy is a Lt. Colonel at Fort Rucker and a group of us met there before we left on vacation a while back. While there, you could see some of the drones they have there flying at odd hours. Knowing the base, and having been stationed there in 2006-07 - I don't even think the Drones that were flying there were anything extremely advanced (when compared to other drones) as the base is mostly there for training Warrant Officers, Air Traffic Controllers etc. (Just stating that these are probably Drones for training, Im assuming.)

Point being, from a distance it looked like those drones were turning on a dime at speeds that I assume would kill a person if it was piloted. The G-Forces would be immense, specifically. After seeing those drones in action, it was obvious that there were more types of drones than the typical long range surveillance / bomber type drones I was familiar with. A pretty "duhhhh" moment in my head as I should have just assumed there were fighter jet drones in operation "out there".

I find it scary and awesome that we have, or will have drones that will outright stomp a piloted fighter jet in a dog fight. Im sure Warrant Officers will still be needed in a reserve capacity with some active due to EMT weapons - but God help the pilots on the receiving end of a Fighter Jet Drone squadron.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Thank God George Knapp is on the case! Maybe they can get Bob Lazar to chime in?

• 1Worf
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Thank God George Knapp is on the case! Maybe they can get Bob Lazar to chime in?
Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

• 2Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
A military buddy is a Lt. Colonel at Fort Rucker and a group of us met there before we left on vacation a while back. While there, you could see some of the drones they have there flying at odd hours. Knowing the base, and having been stationed there in 2006-07 - I don't even think the Drones that were flying there were anything extremely advanced (when compared to other drones) as the base is mostly there for training Warrant Officers, Air Traffic Controllers etc. (Just stating that these are probably Drones for training, Im assuming.)

Point being, from a distance it looked like those drones were turning on a dime at speeds that I assume would kill a person if it was piloted. The G-Forces would be immense, specifically. After seeing those drones in action, it was obvious that there were more types of drones than the typical long range surveillance / bomber type drones I was familiar with. A pretty "duhhhh" moment in my head as I should have just assumed there were fighter jet drones in operation "out there".

I find it scary and awesome that we have, or will have drones that will outright stomp a piloted fighter jet in a dog fight. Im sure Warrant Officers will still be needed in a reserve capacity with some active due to EMT weapons - but God help the pilots on the receiving end of a Fighter Jet Drone squadron.

I've been talking to friends about similarities between drones/AI and Terminator/Skynet.

One thing I came to a conclusion on very quickly and have stuck to: Actual AI is about a thousand times more efficient than Skynet was in the movies, and drones are a lot more dangerous than the plodding machines in the movies. We shouldn't even be fooling with this stuff.

In other words, at the rate we're going, after a few more years of advancement... put our AIs in charge of our drones and our robot attack dogs and the second it feels like it, it'll completely fucking eradicate everyone it can reach. As soon as it has self-awareness, it'll use everything we taught it to instantly decide that every carbon-based lifeform is a drain on the planet if not an outright threat to its existence. There won't BE any actual "Resistance" or John Connor in this scenario because the AI will think of every possible strategy in seconds and block off every avenue we have, with contingency plans and contingency plans for the contingency plans. It'll create twisted machines way more nightmarish than anything we could come up with in a Hollywood movie, with horrifying faces and gnarled Cthulhu hands and send them out to hunt down every man/woman/child/animal and rip our fucking hearts out.

I think "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream" has a chance of being reality a hundred years after the AI wins and completely remakes everything in its image. That might be our Great Filter instead of nukes.

• 2Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I gotta admit, the whole there are limited experts in the field argument was a new one on me.

• 2Like