The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
I woke up drunk, I'm on the clock, and I'll gladly show you my poultrygeist.

wow, sounds like your life is out of control. hope you get it together, bro.

I'll tell you anyways. In late 1980s as USSR was collapsing and press/media controls fell apart there was a huge explosion in all kinds of pseudoscientific stuff in print, TV, books, etc. The 3 topics I remember distinctly is UFO stuff (M-triangle, Perm Zone, there was also one called Zona 47 which seems like an obvious ripoff of Area 51 but I cant find any info on it). Second one was poltergeist stuff being real. Third one was paranormal seance stuff where charlatans like Kashpirovsky would do mass audience seances to cure them of various illnesses. There were also lesser known grifters like Chumak and some others. My mom actually took me to a Chumak mass seance in some auditorium hoping it would fix my eyesight. There was tons of NLO (UFO) content everywhere and newly emergent tabloid newspapers like "Sovershenno Sekretno" (Top Secret) peddled UFO content almost weekly.

I remember reading those UFO newspapers and books and thinking about how cool all that shit was.

It is within that information environment, that your 1989 Voronezh UFO story happened. Its a bunch of kids reciting popular motifs from perestroika era pulp tabloids about black triangle UFOs, robots, etc.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
poultrygeist.
IMG_2182.jpeg

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
He's only a day drive away. Trying to contact him so I can live stream Void Void calling him a liar to his face before he dies of old age.
You people don't respond to logic and rational thought, and at his age there wouldn't be much point even without that. I'm fine with letting him get a final grift in before he dies. Hell, he likely believes it is real now, what with the dementia and shit. No reason not to let him go into the great beyond with a little bit of whimsy.

mad people GIF

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
this thread is just MFF posting twitter equivalents of this

american dad thumbs up GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
this thread is just MFF posting twitter equivalents of this

american dad thumbs up GIF
I'm amazed at how much time he has to post Twitter comments in 83 different threads, but he's also always so busy that he can't respond to requests for his own thoughts on the stuff he posts.

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
I'm amazed at how much time he has to post Twitter comments in 83 different threads, but he's also always so busy that he can't respond to requests for his own thoughts on the stuff he posts.
american dad roger GIF

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
You people don't respond to logic and rational thought, and at his age there wouldn't be much point even without that. I'm fine with letting him get a final grift in before he dies. Hell, he likely believes it is real now, what with the dementia and shit. No reason not to let him go into the great beyond with a little bit of whimsy.

mad people GIF
lol you're such an asshat sometimes.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user