The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It was the Brown Note.

Went to go look it up because it was bugging me:

Infrasound
Another hypothesis popularised by Donnie Eichar's 2013 book Dead Mountain is that wind going around Kholatsyakal Mountain created a Kármán vortex street, which can produce infrasound capable of inducing panic attacks in humans.[34][35] According to Eichar's theory, the infrasound generated by the wind as it passed over the top of the Holatchahl mountain was responsible for causing physical discomfort and mental distress in the hikers.[34] Eichar claims that, because of their panic, the hikers were driven to leave the tent by whatever means necessary, and fled down the slope. By the time they were further down the hill, they would have been out of the infrasound's path and would have regained their composure, but in the darkness would be unable to return to their shelter.[34] The traumatic injuries suffered by three of the victims were the result of their stumbling over the ledge of a ravine in the darkness and landing on the rocks at the bottom.

I guess it could make you shit yourself, too.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that wasn't too bad of a found footage horror movie. I listened to a book called Dead Mountain a number of years ago about the incident, and the author's theory was a certain type of sound wave made by the wind and the shape of the mountain drove the hikers crazy. Forget what the specific frequency deal is supposed to be called, but if I remember he cited things like Sonic weaponry making people agitated or nervous enough to make them free an area because of physical discomfort. I think that maybe it's been debunked since then, but it's an interesting book if you're interested in the subject.

Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident (-) https://a.co/d/bQgIops

Probably Infrasound. Yeah, I don't know about that one. Of all the potential explanations it makes the least sense to me.