The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Megaliths in general are pretty fascinating. I don't like stupid ass aliens theories because the mundane here is more fascinating. Not even today would masons try to move a bunch of gigantic ass rocks.

The polygonal masonry is just really cool. Or any of the mortar less masonry that exists around. This is because logically, you would want to use smaller bricks that are uniform. Which is the conclusion later civilizations came to. To use massive blocks that would be, at best, extremely awkward to move even with modern machinery.

I get that mortar probably wasn't invented yet. Or any that was didn't survive that passage of time or something.

I won't stress aliens or anything but it is an interesting perspective/school of thought as no later human cultures even attempted to replicate it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Megaliths in general are pretty fascinating. I don't like stupid ass aliens theories because the mundane here is more fascinating. Not even today would masons try to move a bunch of gigantic ass rocks.

The polygonal masonry is just really cool. Or any of the mortar less masonry that exists around. This is because logically, you would want to use smaller bricks that are uniform. Which is the conclusion later civilizations came to. To use massive blocks that would be, at best, extremely awkward to move even with modern machinery.

I get that mortar probably wasn't invented yet. Or any that was didn't survive that passage of time or something.

I won't stress aliens or anything but it is an interesting perspective/school of thought as no later human cultures even attempted to replicate it.
they found that the fitted polygonal shaped rocks are damned near earthquake proof while mortared rocks/bricks shake to bits and collapse. no idea if this was a feature or a happy accident, but its why the old megaliths are still around. i saw one video that had me rolling my eyes. the guy said that they used larger rocks a long time ago because gravity was different and of course we had giants. i was like, come on. how different? how much less gravity do you need to make a 500-1000 TON block, manageable?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
they found that the fitted polygonal shaped rocks are damned near earthquake proof while mortared rocks/bricks shake to bits and collapse. no idea if this was a feature or a happy accident, but its why the old megaliths are still around. i saw one video that had me rolling my eyes. the guy said that they used larger rocks a long time ago because gravity was different and of course we had giants. i was like, come on. how different? how much less gravity do you need to make a 500-1000 TON block, manageable?

i'm much more interested in the shaping/fitting of thousands of large stones on a massive scale that must all work together, rather than the moving of em.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
i'm much more interested in the shaping/fitting of thousands of large stones on a massive scale that must all work together, rather than the moving of em.

Oh yeah. It's like a much more complicated version of Tetris. The logical conclusion for building is uniform bricks like... all later civilizations eventually figured out. Polygonal masonry without any mortar using gigantic multi-ton rocks is like building on the ultimate hard mode.

Brick sizes being just around the size of the average person to lug around makes sense. Almost nothing about this kind of masonry makes sense. It's truly baffling.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
some theories are that they had power saws and drills.

there is evidence of rock saw mills back in Roman times
Hierapolis sawmill - Wikipedia
1050px-R%C3%B6mische_S%C3%A4gem%C3%BChle.svg.png

but there is nothing to suggest that pre Colombian America had this tech thousands of years ago. i dont even know if they used metal tools of any kind.
its a huge mystery and because of the age of these megaliths and structures, we likely will never know for sure.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Ya, the evidence of boring tech being implemented in Egypt, Puma Punku, etc. And also used metal to tighten the blocks together.
But sacsayhuaman is an altogether mystery. Well never know how it was built. Giants? Possibly. I cant think of any way to get that much stone up onto the mountain like that, let alone getting them in place. Every piece of stone there has the look of being melted together, almost like they were liquified and cast. They have hand holds all over them too, clearly melted and added. Perhaps for lifting? It's quite possible they had flying tech of some sort in a previous civilization. Maybe straight up earth benders.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, the evidence of boring tech being implemented in Egypt, Puma Punku, etc. And also used metal to tighten the blocks together.
But sacsayhuaman is an altogether mystery. Well never know how it was built. Giants? Possibly. I cant think of any way to get that much stone up onto the mountain like that, let alone getting them in place. Every piece of stone there has the look of being melted together, almost like they were liquified and cast. They have hand holds all over them too, clearly melted and added. Perhaps for lifting? It's quite possible they had flying tech of some sort in a previous civilization. Maybe straight up earth benders.

not giants, just pre dryas impact advanced civs that had tech we can't imagine. I'm not talking sci fi tech, but knowledge and techniques that we just can't comprehend due to the evidence being destroyed and them possibly having language and thought patterns that diverge so much with post dryas impact humans that it's just not comprehensible.

honestly i'd believe they mentally ascended to some weird level of being able to manipulate physical matter with their minds + tech before I believed in giants. similar to how monks can regulate all sorts of body chemistry under hard core meditation and how certain humans can seemingly do inhuman things.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the melting part might be a bit far fetched. some of those stones could just be weathered away through the millennia or they were quarried from rivers or they had some polishing process. and yeah, every ancient culture seems to have those little metal clamps in their megalithic structures.

Tiauanaco-silver-metal-clamps.jpg

fj53909258.jpg

metalclampsmore.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
the melting part might be a bit far fetched. some of those stones could just be weathered away through the millennia or they were quarried from rivers or they had some polishing process. and yeah, every ancient culture seems to have those little metal clamps in their megalithic structures.

fj53909258.jpg

metalclampsmore.jpg
Get outta my wavelength.
That was my next post lul.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

fj53909258.jpg

metalclampsmore.jpg
Holy shit, every single picture has stone blocks in it. There must be an ancient pre younger dryas civilisation which taught them all to use stone cuboids.

• 1EyeRoll

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Holy shit, every single picture has stone blocks in it. There must be an ancient pre younger dryas civilisation which taught them all to use stone cuboids.
are you actually denying ancient civilization existed? do you really think this ancient tech is caveman tier bullshit?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

while you're being a bit cunty as usual, I don't think it's a huge stretch that multiple diff civs created clamps on their own.

Now, perfectly interlocking carved (?) stone megalithic sites found all around the world, that's not something I see being developed without a sharing of tech/skill. Throw in the symbolism / carvings (like the bag being carried) in sites in completely diff locations, and I think we've got strong evidence of very ancient knowledge sharing.

• 3Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
some theories are that they had power saws and drills.

there is evidence of rock saw mills back in Roman times
Hierapolis sawmill - Wikipedia
1050px-R%C3%B6mische_S%C3%A4gem%C3%BChle.svg.png

but there is nothing to suggest that pre Colombian America had this tech thousands of years ago. i dont even know if they used metal tools of any kind.
its a huge mystery and because of the age of these megaliths and structures, we likely will never know for sure.

The Tlaxcalans eventually developed metallurgy but nothing in that diagram, from the energy transmission to the reciprocating action, is possible without first inventing the wheel--which noone in mesoamerica ever did.

• 3Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The Tlaxcalans eventually developed metallurgy but nothing in that diagram, from the energy transmission to the reciprocating action, is possible without first inventing the wheel--which noone in mesoamerica ever did.

someone I think in this thread argued that they did actually know about the wheel but it wasn't widely utilized for travel/transport due to the terrain, I can't remember where I fell in that convo after reading what they provided

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
someone I think in this thread argued that they did actually know about the wheel but it wasn't widely utilized for travel/transport due to the terrain, I can't remember where I fell in that convo after reading what they provided
they had knowledge of it, but that was still fairly recently. like within the last 500 years.
sites like Machu Picchu boggle the mind.
Cuzco-Peru-3.jpg

you think oh well, they just rolled those megaliths there with logs. STUPID!
yeah no.
1049px-80_-_Machu_Picchu_-_Juin_2009_-_edit.2.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Maybe the larger stones were already there and just carved/nudged into place. I'm sure someone has compared the stone at the summit to the stones used for construction?

Why would you move stones that large up a mountain using magic/UFOs/ancient helicopter then have them all be different sizes with small ones all around it? You'd only have odd sized stones if you were using the materials at the location and had limited skill to standardise those sized blocks.

are you actually denying ancient civilization existed? do you really think this ancient tech is caveman tier bullshit?
Occam's Razor says that it's a very basic masonry technique which was independantly developed in at minimum two places (South America/Middle East) and travelled via trade routes/immigration to the rest.

One level more complicated, it was developed in one place, spread to others via trade routes then some outstanding individuals crossed the Pacific from somewhere like China and brought the technique with them.

One level more complicated, there's lost trade routes across the Pacific or Atlantic via which the technique spread.

One level more complicated, there was an ancient globe spanning civilisation who used the technique in their colonies.

Given the evidence, I like the idea of some Asians managing to get to Central America but that's as far as I'd go. Each level difference is exponentially less likely than the last.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
they had knowledge of it, but that was still fairly recently. like within the last 500 years.
Cuzco-Peru-3.jpg

yeah no.

ya it really makes no sense, wheel or no wheel

fuckers must have been magical master at crane tech

khorum

Murder Apologist
Cuzco-Peru-3.jpg

yeah no.

Those were almost certainly quarried on the spot or dragged there by slaves. Like everything else the pre-columbians did.

Geometric formations happen all the time in nature... there's a massive, trillion-ton iceberg that's in a perfect rectangular shape in the Antarctic right now. Nothing weird about it:

• 2WTF
  • 1Like