The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Ice crystals form in the atmosphere and reflect light from the surface (fishing boats in this case). Really makes you think how many sightings could be a variation of this.

This the part where I say "prove it"? Like how do we know its ice crystals? Did someone go up there and take a sample?!?! HUH CHRIS?!

Chris

Potato del Grande
This the part where I say "prove it"? Like how do we know its ice crystals? Did someone go up there and take a sample?!?! HUH CHRIS?!
Yeah this is the usual bullshit.

Assume something you don't know is unknown by everyone.

Don't trust experts. Dismiss what they say.

Make up some even less likely bullshit.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah this is the usual bullshit.

Assume something you don't know is unknown by everyone.

Don't trust experts. Dismiss what they say.

Make up some even less likely bullshit.
Fine, take my sarcasm and be ultra serious with it. Im sure all your students love you irl.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How do we know those aren't NFTs being sold through the cloud?

I'm so glad the NFT thing crashed and burned and is largely a meme now.

My condolences to people that bought in and didn't recoup the investment, because that sucks. NFTs were never a good idea to "invest" in though. Mainly because most of them were so goddamn stupid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Globe Earthers being completely disingenuous as usual

• 1Moron
  • 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Globe Earthers being completely disingenuous as usual

Why does this twitter guy keep referring to Lore Lodge as "they"? I thought there were multiple people on there and that LL was a team now or something.

It's "he".

Fucksake

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Interesting stuff. The radio broadcasts being used to incite people in Iraq with subliminal messaging makes me think of what happened in Rwanda right before the genocide, and probably a whole bunch of other uprisings, where a radio station seemed to be behind everything. No telling.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I haven't watched this one yet but I had weird theories on this with games like helldivers 2. At times it plays weirdly scrambled audio in the background that you can barely pick up. I asked a few friends if they heard it as well and a few did. Could be nothing and just a weird coincidence but I could see them using it to control us.

They definitely have a grasp on patterns. I'll start getting ads for things I'm thinking about that I haven't looked up or spoken about. Like items I'm considering buying or interesting designs, etc.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I haven't watched this one yet but I had weird theories on this with games like helldivers 2. At times it plays weirdly scrambled audio in the background that you can barely pick up. I asked a few friends if they heard it as well and a few did. Could be nothing and just a weird coincidence but I could see them using it to control us.

They definitely have a grasp on patterns. I'll start getting ads for things I'm thinking about that I haven't looked up or spoken about. Like items I'm considering buying or interesting designs, etc.
I have the same things happen with ads myself. Literally just a thought in my head and then I'm getting served ads on it. It's weird and almost unnerving.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Confirmation bias. You didn't see the ads that were already there until you started thinking about it. You think I'm being dismissive, but I'm really not.

I used to work with two women that said the exact same thing. Try thinking about something obscure and see if those ads pop up. They didn't for them, and they won't for you. This wouldn't have worked for them, but start thinking about buying some super awesome makeup kits or nail polish or whatever, and report back on how many of those you get ads for. Since you probably don't watch makeup tutorials or stupid female influencers at all, the algorithm doesn't think you might like them, so they won't appear like they did for them. Conversely, they weren't getting ads for compound bows and car parts and shit, because they never once decided to keep watching a video of a guy seeing how far an arrow can go through a car.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Confirmation bias. You didn't see the ads that were already there until you started thinking about it. You think I'm being dismissive, but I'm really not.

I used to work with two women that said the exact same thing. Try thinking about something obscure and see if those ads pop up. They didn't for them, and they won't for you. This wouldn't have worked for them, but start thinking about buying some super awesome makeup kits or nail polish or whatever, and report back on how many of those you get ads for. Since you probably don't watch makeup tutorials or stupid female influencers at all, the algorithm doesn't think you might like them, so they won't appear like they did for them. Conversely, they weren't getting ads for compound bows and car parts and shit, because they never once decided to keep watching a video of a guy seeing how far an arrow can go through a car.

I think it's more related to psychology and knowing what you like or are interested in. They likely have a portfolio on each of us with everything we have ever looked up, they then figure out the pattern or timing in which we cycle back to those things. Like every few months they know you're going to look up item X.

Now they just have to figure out how to use it against us since there is no law that says they can't do either. They've probably been collecting data on us since the smartphone revolution. I'm sure they can figure out anything they want about us with that much data, possibly even things we don't know about ourselves.

• 1Like