The parents of that baby who was left in the car to die

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, but the best possible case here is that he was negligent.

Unlike Zimmerman there is no instance where it is acceptable to kill a child by exposure. It is always a failure of some kind and almost always a crime. There are very specific instances in which it is acceptable to shoot, and kill, another person.

It is similar in that there is a rush to judgement. But basically that's all violent crime reporting ever. For sure in crimes involving children. Ask an accused pedophile how fair of a trial he got. I'm sure that sometimes the innocent are accused. But, and I'm serious, can you even think of a single time?

This is also why they tried to portray trayvon as years younger than he actually was.

iannis

Musty Nester
Can you? I was trying to think of a time when a person has been accused of molesting children and came out of it clean. I'm not going to claim I have perfect knowledge... can you offer an example that I've either forgotten or am ignorant of? I'm offering up my arm for the indian burn.

There was a case in my state with married couple and a day care when I was younger, but that shit went on for MONTHS, one of them was convicted (overturned on appeal), and it absolutely ruined the both of them.

Generally if you get accused of fucking kids you're already done. Which was the point. Guilt and Innocence matters less when it comes to children. The accusation is enough.

Those Ramsey parents did it. That was some dark shit.

iannis

Musty Nester
And I swear to god if you say Michael Jackson i'm going to dickpunch you through the monitor.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Edit* I completely read you post the wrong way and misunderstood it, my bad.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
You said the innocent are not accused not that both the innocent and guilty are ruined by the accusation tho... clearly the first statement is false and the second statement makes it even harder to tell how many innocents are accused since they don't get very fair trials.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You said the innocent are not accused not that both the innocent and guilty are ruined by the accusation tho... clearly the first statement is false and the second statement makes it even harder to tell how many innocents are accused since they don't get very fair trials.
^^ what he said. You made 2 very different statements, and I'm not sure which is the one you *mean* to say, so... yeah

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Based on the facts I would acquit. I'd even offer to drive them home. But sure would be a shame if I had one of my dopey moments and forgot they were in the car while I stopped at the mall for 9 hours around midday. I mean, it could happen to anyone.
frown.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not even vaguely true. Everyone was against Zimmerman until closer to the trial when the actual facts of the case started coming out. This guy may be guilty or he may just be retarded, but it's pretty much the same thing, he's already been convicted by the media.
I remember people on this forum being generally ambivalent and some supportive of Zimmerman until the facts came out about the case, in which case all but the resident morons were supportive of Zimmerman. But I didn't check the Zimzam thread!

iannis

Musty Nester
Huh? No, I said that I'm sure the innocent ARE accused.

Iannis_sl said:
I'm sure that sometimes the innocent are accused.
response_sl said:
You said the innocent are not accused
The inference being that the innocent are railroaded just as hard as the guilty when it comes to this sort of accusation. Specifically fucking kids, but it applies a little less stringently to killing kids as well. This tends to be an area where youdohave to prove your innocence. That ain't the law, but that's sorta how it is.

It was a convoluted way to say something that simple. It was.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
There was a case in my state with married couple and a day care when I was younger, but that shit went on for MONTHS, one of them was convicted (overturned on appeal), and it absolutely ruined the both of them.
McMartin daycare? It was a good example of how unhinged accusers can destroy someone's life without any evidence. Should really be a lesson for everyone that, regardless of the victim, due process is imperative.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Certainly true. Plenty of crazy shit that doesn't make the news and still ruins people's lives. Plenty of accused rapes, molestation, fraud or other white collar accusations that are completely untrue and can still end up ruining people's lives. Regardless if they are found innocent on their court day or later found innocent on appeal and many times police / courts aren't even involved.

Same hand, there are people who are guilty as fuck and get their case thrown out on a technicality despite the obvious. This pisses me off but its the unfortunate balance of a lot of factors and that is the price paid.

Now these people, at best are complete retards that left their kid all day in a hot car and killed him. As a parent that infuriates me because I can't imagine not knowing where my 2 year old is. At that age they are such a huge part of your life you can't possible go more than 15 minutes or so without dealing with them in some fashion. Much less all fucking day and breaking all routine (day care) while still visiting the vehicle they are dead in, plus emails hitting your phone while sexting, wife's comments etc..

These pieces of shit deserves all the criticism and black marks that come regardless of the case outcome.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My cousin didn't like her mother so she went to the police and accused my aunt and her husband of making her come into their bedroom, watch them smoke crack and have sex and then have her participate. My aunt and her husband were all over local news, had a fairly short trial, and it all ended when my cousin admitted to making the whole thing up to get out of there.

My aunt's life was ruined completely. Doesn't matter that she was innocent, people only remember her being on TV accused of molesting and raping her own daughter.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
pedo accusation is scary, this one time i was walking my dog, (big red dog, kids love him) and i hear "flop, flop, flop" ran up to pet my dog, then i'm like "wheres your parents?" "idk!"
"where do you live?"
"idk!"

fcking hell, i had to let her hold my dogs leash (i wasn't gonna hold her hand), and just point "is that your house?" for half a hour.

later her brother was biking and found her, and she ran off.

now i don't have a dog, i'm just gonna stay put and call the police, i'm not gonna walk around holding an unknown kids hand.

would anyone?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
would anyone?
Sure. Nobody's going to call you a pedo for helping a little girl find her house in the day time. That is not what you would be doing if you were a weirdo. Being accused of that is bad, but I think you're worrying a little too much.