The Pokemon Thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah the SMT 3DS is pretty baller. Still pissed I had to just buy a regular red 3DSXL because NOA decided not to bring it over.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ima figure out this friend code thing and then I am going to try to trade X pokemon for Y pokemon.

Needless

Toe Sucker
what are you having problems with in terms of friend codes? If you go to your home screen and go to the smiley face at the top (friends list) the 2nd card (yourself) should have your own friend code there. This is also where you add other people~

Rope

nothing yet, I picked the game up yesterday? and I haven't bothered looking at things.

Rope

ALSO! I am pretty far in much like everyone else but if anyone wants to spend the 2-3 hours getting 2 of each starter pokemon (you know, so a sexy gent can have one of each) and transfering them to a sexy gent, I will be your sexy gent.

I can't be 100% sure but it feels right? I am trying to remember shit from like... 13-15 years ago? idk, BUT if you hit A right when the ball hits or idk after? fuck if I know but it feels like it captures the pokemon in one go.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
How far in do you have to be to do the trading? Just curious. I wouldn't mind doing the trades and shit. But part of me wonders if its worth it to get to the bulb/char/squirtle part before doing the trades to get all 6 of the 'starters'.

Rope

I think you can trade in the first 20-30 min but getting the 2 starters should take 30min-1hour? so... A long fucking time to get 2 of each starter. You would pretty much be trading the 2 starters as soon as you get them and then resetting each time. WHO DOESN'T LIKE PLAYING THE FIRST HOUR 6 TIMES IN A ROW?!~ WHO!!?? WHO!??!

I assume you also get to load up on free torchiks each time you reset.

editz: 2380-3723-9245

edit 400 : got a lvl 1 chespin to trade for Fennekin or Froakie.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
You can get the starters within approx. 5-7 minutes of play. Once you flesh out the quest and talk to your mom, it sends you off. Get your second pokemon and as long as you can pick up a friend code or local connection, you can trade. I got x2 of each starter my friend and I didn't have in about 20 minutes of play, give or take. I started over as I ended up being annoyed I could not get a modest fennekin and didn't feel like breeding one. So, restart forever.

Not looking forward to doing it for an adamant torchic. =*(

TL;DR - Getting the extra starters should take approx. 20 minutes for you and a friend. There's shit all to unlock; get your starter, talk to your mom, then buy a poke ball and once you catch a second pokemon you can trade. Super simple. GG Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie immediately.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
2981-5636-6879

Need friend codes for friend safari! I added you rope if you still have the chespin, it is the last starter I need. Have some Froakies i bred.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
My friend code is 2723-9683-3496 I've added everyone who already gave theirs. I'd like a female zubat (low level) if anyone has. I'm still at the early stages and wanted one asap because crobat is one of my favorite pokemon.

Edit: thanks for the shiney zubat yimmien! Let me know if you want a California skin Vivillon. Only interesting thing I can get at this early in the game.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really shouldn't "waste" $240 on a 3DS XL and game the same month that I'm getting my PS4 (since this month is already over budget from the wife's machine breakage) - but dammit ya'll are tempting me too damn much... I must join in on the stupid mindless fun...

Chris

Potato del Grande
How would it help us if we all added each other's friend codes? More pokemon in the safari zone? O powers?

I'll drop my code here later when I find it
smile.png

Rope

Looking to trade a Swirlix holding Whipped Dream for a Spritzee holding the same thing. We can trade back after if you want.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Friend code is 0173-1449-8230 feel free to add me I have all 3 starters, just need to find a ditto to start mating them, etc. If anyone has a ditto I'd appreciate it.

*edit* Added everyone who left the code in this thread, feel free to add me back.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Thanks for the Ditto Rope. Anyone have a squirtle or bulb to trade for a charmander? (will breed them and have all 3 starters if anyone needs one)

Rope

edit: NM! Dark and Nuzleaf/Sandile/Inkay? If any of you want to know your safari type and what I can catch pm me. Add your ingame name please
biggrin.png

ahh run

Lord Nagafen Raider
i added everyone on last page if i missed anyone sorry my fc is 1478-4216-2151 my safari is fire

sebur

Bronze Squire
If I had any clue what you meant by safari then maybe...also anybody else have trouble getting the old school legendaries (articuno, moltres, zapdos)? I ran in to them once and every time I look on the pokedex I can't get to them fast enough. I have tried staying in one place to no avail as well.