The Pope in the US

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is this the most security a Pope has ever gotten here? Wow, it's just insane how much security he has around him, but maybe I'm was too young to remember when a Pope was here last time.

Edit: Totally forgot about 2008 but I didn't watch any of the coverage.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
NY police can't carry their duty firearm while off duty if they are to be within a certain distance of the pope. You know the guys in suits with briefcases earlier this week that go everywhere the pope goes is a briefcase machine gun.

I'm nor catholic and don't give a shit either way. But there are lots of catholics here in south LA and they really seem to be meh about it. They were really pumped when the pope came to New Orleans. I read that the turnout for PA is being downplayed because hotels have lots of openings left.

IMG_1316.jpg

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Some nun bitch didn't hold the door for me earlier

City is the cleanest I've ever seen it. I'll probably never see this again in my life.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think when you say 1 God on worldwide TV your gonna need it

Cybsled

Part of the main reason for security also is the fact he likes to be out in the open and has minimal ballistic protection. Past Popes had more robust vehicle protection ;p

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I saw something similar before... a long time ago... Ghost in the Shell!

PiercingSereneDorado.gif
The one I posted is made and marketed by Heckler & Koch (HK). Several others are made such as UZI. You don't even take it out of the case. You just pull the trigger on the handle and point. It's rumored that lots of security types carry them in areas they don't really want to call attention of carry an automatic rifle.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The one I posted is made and marketed by Heckler & Koch (HK). Several others are made such as UZI. You don't even take it out of the case. You just pull the trigger on the handle and point. It's rumored that lots of security types carry them in areas they don't really want to call attention of carry an automatic rifle.

Doubt it. More than likely bros around him carrying pistols, maybe a compact smg. Then lots of bros nearby in vehicles or around the corner decked out in rifles and other gear.

Seriously though, i hope someone asked the pope why god is giving little kids in africa aids.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That conundrum will sure stump the pope. I bet he's never heard that one or thought about that questions.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
So tonight on the radio I hear a commercial about the "Blessing of the Pets". Bring your pets to have them blessed, sponsored by a local church. And then they mentioned that you need to be sure to keep pets on a leash for their safety. I thought it was ironic. Then I come home and see that the pope, the mouthpiece of God himself, has guys around him carrying Uzis in suitcases.

Don't theists ever wonder why God can't take care of some of this shit?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wait, if he's already best buds with God why all the protection? Who cares if you check out of the Best Western when your next stop is the Bellagio.