The Prepper Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This should be required reading for anyone interested in prepping. Guy gives a detailed account of going through a year-long siege during the Bosnian civil war back in the 90’s.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This should be required reading for anyone interested in prepping. Guy gives a detailed account of going through a year-long siege during the Bosnian civil war back in the 90’s.

Good read, I've linked it before when I had some neighbors interested in community prepping. Too many have a rosy view of just collect all the stuff and they'll be fine.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Good read, I've linked it before when I had some neighbors interested in community prepping. Too many have a rosy view of just collect all the stuff and they'll be fine.
This:
Well in my case migration did not happen because it happen very fast, other army just closed city in ring and that s it, if you ask me where was that army and how we did not seen them coming, the answer is simple, that army was an ally of army of my side and people, and one day we woke up and figured they are enemy now and they are closing all ways out.
Reading that was bizarre, like a prolonged and disorienting session of deja vu.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Oof
In the late 80s and beginning of the 90s (when democracy came) the problems started and ended up in series of wars and cases of complete collapse.

Things that I experienced in my case prior to SHTF, and things that you might recognize:

• Things that make differences between people are more and more problematic (race, religion, political opinion).
  • Polarization is getting obviously stronger.
  • People want to come to your country, but they do not want to “assimilate” or contribute to the greater good. They want to preserve their way of life which is often absolutely contradictory to the way that your country (society) works.
  • The political way of solving those problems often fails, because, in essence, those problems are hard to solve in a democratic way (in the spirit of democracy).
  • Your freedoms are “shrinking” as a result of that.
  • Calls for “radical solutions“ for the problems are stronger and stronger.
  • The media is absolutely working a dirty job, and it is hard to find out what is the truth anymore.
  • Suddenly people and events from history are “brought back” so people can judge and argue about it, to write history again, to build myths sometimes.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Holy shit did I read this thread title wrong. I saw "Dr. Pepper Thread" and here I am. Fuck you for fooling my eyes!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Holy shit did I read this thread title wrong. I saw "Dr. Pepper Thread" and here I am. Fuck you for fooling my eyes!

Yeah be prepared.

Donuts.JPG

Donut2.jpg

Last edited:

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So looking like these supply chain issues are about to get real in the next month or 2. What are some must buy shit at a grocery store? Talking canned stuff or whatever else that is likely to disappear by Christmas. I've got meat already frozen.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
So looking like these supply chain issues are about to get real in the next month or 2. What are some must buy shit at a grocery store? Talking canned stuff or whatever else that is likely to disappear by Christmas. I've got meat already frozen.
goto a restaurant supply store, it's not gonna necessarily be "cheaper" (in fact mine the prices are over what you'd pay at the grocer)

but they have bulk, like i found 50lb bags of flour, etc there.

while youre at it make a stop at homedepot and pick up a few of these
c8d9fe477cdc36e1e3cf04ad633df72a.png

yes "food safe" buckets cost 2x more than regular buckets and all it is, is just "safer" dyes, but you want to make sure that if youre gonna store food, you don't want shit leeching into it.

cuz the problem i had after a while of getting raws, was just finding a way to store the shit.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
At this point? Whatever you can get that you like. We are no longer prepping for a 20 yr possible, rather a next year likely.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
At this point? Whatever you can get that you like. We are no longer prepping for a 20 yr possible, rather a next year likely.

The buckets of rice, wheat, sugar, salt, dried beans, etc. are just an emergency oh fuck oh fuck backbone. It's a different kind of thing than stocking up for what is going to be a terrible, terrible winter.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
The buckets of rice, wheat, sugar, salt, dried beans, etc. are just an emergency oh fuck oh fuck backbone. It's a different kind of thing than stocking up for what is going to be a terrible, terrible winter.
Ya I already have that shit obviously from past postings, but at this point many who haven't stocked up on short and long term foods I am just encouraging them to at least get SOMETHING to put back.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Ya I already have that shit obviously from past postings, but at this point many who haven't stocked up on short and long term foods I am just encouraging them to at least get SOMETHING to put back.

Yeah, the window on that is really starting to narrow.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Also dont forget the amount of water and heat required to convert all that into actual food. I think people forget that part when storing a few 5 gallon buckets of rice or whatever.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Also dont forget the amount of water and heat required to convert all that into actual food. I think people forget that part when storing a few 5 gallon buckets of rice or whatever.

That reminds me. I need to take a gander at hand pumps for the well.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
as a reminder, you can easily fit 1 and 1/2 20lb bags of rice in a 5gal bucket. (full bucket can hold 35lbs of rice)

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The easiest place to start is just buying more of what you’re eating now. Stock your pantry with one month of your staples, and expand from there. Aim for 5-6 months of canned meats and vegetables, dry beans and rice, instant potatoes, pasta, sauces, and seasonings. Things like stew, chili, hash, and chef boyardee are easy. Apples last ~8 weeks in the fridge, onions and garlic last months on the counter. Fill your freezer with meat, vegetables, and butter. Always keep it organized so you can rotate first in first out.
After that, start thinking about long term freeze dried meals.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
The easiest place to start is just buying more of what you’re eating now. Stock your pantry with one month of your staples, and expand from there. Aim for 5-6 months of canned meats and vegetables, dry beans and rice, instant potatoes, pasta, sauces, and seasonings. Things like stew, chili, hash, and chef boyardee are easy. Apples last ~8 weeks in the fridge, onions and garlic last months on the counter. Fill your freezer with meat, vegetables, and butter. Always keep it organized so you can rotate first in first out.
After that, start thinking about long term freeze dried meals.
yup, get back to do overbuying when they have coupons like this
f577326951e3872797ddc41f3a7593c9.png

comes out to .75c a can when you buy 6packs and it's easily storable and transferable

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
No shortages here. Well until today, buccees was out of all the shit that’s normally Chinese. Straws, lids cups and what not. Still plenty of food.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most stuff was well stocked. Chips about 1/3 gone and like the other dude said alot of tuff that's normally Chinese is gone, noodles ramen all that stuff was kinda bare. Stocked up on canned meats and vegetables.

• 1Like