1632256695580.png

Sigh...

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I grew up with this guy, lot of respect for him but I don't have high hopes for this. He's sane, but he's also easily swayed by real or perceived injustice. I mean, most people are. That's why so much of The Bullshit is so effective at manipulating Americans, because we're fundamentally decent people who don't want to see unfair things happen.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Jon has enough clout that he could've gone out on his "own" if he wanted to still be "reasonable". The fact that this is on Apple means it'll be woke trash.

I don’t think he has that pull now. Boomer comedian will be his label if he’s too unbiased but I always thought him the fairest and most vocal contrarian of the liberals.

As an entertainer, you either stay in the game and maintain relevance or you don’t. He may get a few years out of it. I’ll watch especially the last few episodes before he’s canceled. I doubt he gets 3 seasons

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Jon has enough clout that he could've gone out on his "own" if he wanted to still be "reasonable". The fact that this is on Apple means it'll be woke trash.
Also he’s gonna be gone quick if he talks much shit about china, you know, the biggest threat to the western world

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
It was an average episode in my opinion. Something to get started, but not much staying power unless he changes up a bit.

Interesting topic, but needs something else.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The first episode was a lot more raw than I expected.

Interesting topic but needs something else? What the fuck kind of edge lord take is that?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't want to watch shows that tell me shit I already believe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i skipped the first episode, not really interested in hearing about how shitty America is to the people we call heroes (most of my family is medical/veterans so I know first hand).

i watched a bit of the second episode, the episodes are too long. First just skip the first 15 minutes, its a bizarre segment about masks and vaccines and how right wingers fight it using nazi analogies. Yeah, no shit, every mainstream media has been covering that non stop for 15 months now, is this meant for people who just crawled out of a doomsday bunker or something?

The next 20 minutes is ok, 3 panelists from Venezuela, Phillipines, and Egypt (Bassem, the guy who hosted daily show a bit and seems cool) talk about the political situation in those 3 countries. Its pretty interesting and I learned a bit since I never tune in about those places. I did run the episode at 1.5x speed so it went by quickly.

then some more bullshit in the writers room, dunno just closed the TV by then. This is a 45 min episode that coulda been cut to 15 minutes. I think i'm out, Stewart seems to have no real POV or anything interesting to say, and his writers are absolute trash. Just watch any random clips that bubble up on youtube, I doubt there will be many.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The biggest fucking problem was John Stewart and the Daily Show teaching a vast swath of the country's 15-25 year olds to be intellectually incurious and hostile towards anything that was not part of the progressive agenda. He taught a whole generation to point and laugh at your political opponents instead of engaging them in debate and then hid behind any criticism by claiming it was just a comedy show.

Fuck him.

• 4Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The biggest fucking problem was John Stewart and the Daily Show teaching a vast swath of the country's 15-25 year olds to be intellectually incurious and hostile towards anything that was not part of the progressive agenda. He taught a whole generation to point and laugh at your political opponents instead of engaging them in debate and then hid behind any criticism by claiming it was just a comedy show.

Fuck him.
The fact that he got so far under your skin by just being honest that way is proof of how powerful comedy can be. We've got Babylon Bee and Pepe and the meme brigades on the other side.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Salty

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The fact that he got so far under your skin by just being honest that way is proof of how powerful comedy can be. We've got Babylon Bee and Pepe and the meme brigades on the other side.

His "comedy" didn't get under my skin; it was his cowardice that disgusted me. Whenever he was called to defend his drivel against any sort of opposition he would simply tell them that he was a "comedy" show in between a cartoon about 4 foul mothed children and a crank calling puppet show. He would never EVER defend the "honesty" that spewed from his spiteful mouth every night and he taught an entire generation of progressives to do the same. They shout their garbage ideas from the rooftops, call you names if you don't agree, and hide behind ad hominem and straw men instead of debating. It is mind boggling that you thought that show was ever about comedy and I hope he is destroyed by the totalitarian mob of religious zealots he helped create. FUCK HIM.

• 3Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
As someone who watched his show with glee growing up I hope he falls down a flight of stairs, repeatedly.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
His "comedy" didn't get under my skin; it was his cowardice that disgusted me. Whenever he was called to defend his drivel against any sort of opposition he would simply tell them that he was a "comedy" show in between a cartoon about 4 foul mothed children and a crank calling puppet show. He would never EVER defend the "honesty" that spewed from his spiteful mouth every night and he taught an entire generation of progressives to do the same. They shout their garbage ideas from the rooftops, call you names if you don't agree, and hide behind ad hominem and straw men instead of debating. It is mind boggling that you thought that show was ever about comedy and I hope he is destroyed by the totalitarian mob of religious zealots he helped create. FUCK HIM.
Your first mistake is thinking that comedy needs to defend itself in the first place. Just like Dave Chapelle doesn't need to defend his jokes about trannies, Jon Stewart never needed to defend his jokes about republicans. If it offended you, great. Good comedy will do that.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Your first mistake is thinking that comedy needs to defend itself in the first place. Just like Dave Chapelle doesn't need to defend his jokes about trannies, Jon Stewart never needed to defend his jokes about republicans. If it offended you, great. Good comedy will do that.

You are either intentionally misreading my criticisms or you're just being dense.

I dont care about his brand if comedy and dont care that people like it. I care that his comedy became the de facto, and usually only, source of progressive political talking points. They even adopted his delivery as their debate tactics. He knew that it had gone beyond comedy and was being treated as an actual news source but refused to tell his audience that he was not serious because he relished his place in the zietgiest. He went on actual political shows, gave his political opinions, and then refused to defend those positions on the basis that he was the host of a comedy show. That is cowardice and the analogous to current anti-racists refusing to defend their shitty opinions because anyone that disagrees is racist anyways.

So one more time for the mouth breathers; Jon Stewart dunking on Republicans never bothered me just like Bill Mahr dunking on Republicans doesnt bother me. But at least Mahr will admit that he truly holds those beliefs and the things he says on his comedy show he espouses in real life as well.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Jon Stewart is a fucking faggot- how is this even up for debate?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user