The progressive rock thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I only listened to the new album a couple times. Didn't really stick with me.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I noticed I talk to myself a lot in this thread. But just discovered this album and damn is it some good instrumental prog.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Check out Ayreon if you haven't and enjoy prog at all. He does rock operas that are all tied together and tell something of a sci-fi/fantasy story across several albums. The music features notable artists from the metal genre doing vocals, from Akerfelt to Townsend

Braen

<Medals Crew>
No Townsend. I was thinking I follow him pretty closely and was thinking how could I miss this.

Now Anneke van Giersbergen is on the album and she does a lot of work with Devin.

I really liked The Source. I will check this out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Rock!
Progressive!
Rock rock progressive!
P
R
O G E
R E S S I V E

• 1Worf

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Youtube autoplayed me into this guy. Some really nice blends of prog, djent, and jazz

If you like this guy, you will also like David Micic (tilts more toward prog rock) and Cloudkicker (tilts more toward djent).

• 1Like

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Shared by DT on FB and retweeted on Twitter... I know they get together every year and are friends, but to have the band show it off...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wow I thought they were on bad terms honestly.

A buddy and I balled out for VIP tickets on this upcoming tour. Stoked to see Scenes in its entirety from 4th row center.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
The only bad blood really is LeSuck and Portnoy. This is the first I have seen the Band officially sharing that MP is hanging around.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
The only bad blood really is LeSuck and Portnoy. This is the first I have seen the Band officially sharing that MP is hanging around.

Primarily LaBrie and Portnoy, but supposedly there was also some friction between Myung and Portnoy. Rudess and Petrucci are still friends with Portnoy, and Rudess in particular was really upset when he left.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider

Check out Ayreon if you haven't and enjoy prog at all. He does rock operas that are all tied together and tell something of a sci-fi/fantasy story across several albums. The music features notable artists from the metal genre doing vocals, from Akerfelt to Townsend

Wow Ayreon sounds really good so far. It's probably going to lead to me finding other bands too (Circus Maximus already). Can't wait to actually listen to more of them.

• 1Like