The progressive rock thread

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Hmm.. maybe I should try reading the forums, and not just check my subscriptions.
rolleyes.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
When I found out Marco Minnemann and Guthrie Govan dropped out of the Steven Wilson tour for another band they're involved in, I had to check it out. And damn, this is some really good prog.

These guys are touring right now. Caught the second show of the tour last night here in SF. Go see this. You must. Holy shit. What a freak show.

Also seeing Rush in Vegas in a couple weeks.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
New Symphony X album came out this week. If you like any of their stuff, you'll probably like this.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I like after he adds shit and he looks at the camera with this, "it's that easy, ok?" expression.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord

From Orange County, CA. Painted Wives. Hard to describe.. I get a Mastodon meets Alice in Chains vibe from them for some reason. They're unsigned, but have a CD out on their own label.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Vocals are solid. Keyboard player getting the amount of face time keyboard players always get I see.

Suds_sl

shitlord
From Orange County, CA. Painted Wives. Hard to describe.. I get a Mastodon meets Alice in Chains vibe from them for some reason. They're unsigned, but have a CD out on their own label.
They have that indefinable something that gives them a unique sound. I listened to a couple on YouTube, excellent stuff!

Classic Prog:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Steven Wilson just announced a new EP that will be released on January 22. Contains some leftover tracks from the HCE and Raven sessions.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
What did you all think of the new David Gilmour album? The opening song was great and then the second song made the whole album 'meh' for me. Wish he would make another album exactly like division bell / on an island. I just love those chilly melodic guitars.