The progressive rock thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

darkseid_sl

shitlord
I thought this thread was missing.

I'm always looking for new artists to listen to, so bring out whatever new or old you have been listening to.

Also, I fucking love Rush.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Of all Rush songs to post, it's those two?

And a classic:

And maybe something you haven't heard before:

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Not saying they are my favorite, but I like 'em. However, I do think that "The Garden" is the best song of their new album.

Also, for those unaware, Steven Wilson's new album "The Raven that Refused to Sing (And Other Stories)" is out on February 25th. It's produced by Alan Parsons.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Also, for those unaware, Steven Wilson's new album "The Raven that Refused to Sing (And Other Stories)" is out on February 25th. It's produced by Alan Parsons.
Really looking forward to seeing Steven Wilson after watching those clips. He just announced an American tour the other day.

Some other stuff:

My favorite band in the world.

And the chapman stick player in the Steven Wilson videos reminded me of Tony Levin. Because he's a bad man.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So glad to have this thread... It's a diverse enough sub genre that it deserves to be broken off from the metal thread. Friend texted me about Steven Wilson hitting near us in April, think I am definitely gonna have to go.

Orcus_sl

shitlord
I'll throw in a more obscure but still great Rush track.

I know it's not considered their most proggy stuff, but I like 80's Yes.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
I need this thread. My progressive rock folder is pretty sad.
My music library is around 5000 songs now, of which ~80% is progressive rock of many styles.

If you have an idea of what you want to listen to (heavy, art og just plain strange), I could maybe recommend something.

Also, some more Ozric Tentacles:

Sinnes_sl

shitlord
As most in this thread, i really like Rush to. Especially the Moving Pictures album
smile.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Little dose of Ty Tabor.

I didn't know OSI started sounding good. I got the first album and thought it was pretty awful. I looked at their Wiki article and saw Gavin Harrison joined the band for later albums. That's now a must-listen.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not saying they are my favorite, but I like 'em. However, I do think that "The Garden" is the best song of their new album.

This all day long. Steven Wilson is a fucking genius hands down. Everything he touches is amazing.

Orcus_sl

shitlord
I've seen King's X twice. Once in their heyday, with Eric Gales band opening (anyone remember that kid?) and again much later in a bar in Baton Rouge.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Rush fan here as well. Here's my contribution:

I know it's not cool to like Hold Your Fire, but I like the album.

And my favorite song to have blaring when I'm driving...

also:

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I think the first band that really got me into prog rock was King Crimson. Had of buddy of mine in high school who introduced me to them with Larks Tongues in Apsic, and I was hooked. Really got me into Rush, Yes, Zappa, etc. Still haven't managed to see any form of them live. Wish I could have seen them with Tool during the Lateralus tour.