The PUSSY SHIT spoiler discussion thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Tuco's edit: Noodleface didn't make this thread, I did. This is intended to be a thread for people to ask why they can't go into a thread for a TV show and talk about shit that doesn't happen in the tv show.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not really... considering I was stating my prediction. I mean I thought that was the point of the thread. We could make predictions based on what we've seen and be free from this shit. When someone negs you and says "Spoilers" to a specific post then they themselves are spoiling it. What a faggot Chris is now that I think about it.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Not really... considering I was stating my prediction. I mean I thought that was the point of the thread. We could make predictions based on what we've seen and be free from this shit. When someone negs you and says "Spoilers" to a specific post then they themselves are spoiling it. What a faggot Chris is now that I think about it.
Tuco edited my post because it seemed "spoilerish", pretty sure that the "offending" material was on screen and a character somewhat explaining it (Osha). I may have worded it more in the book terms, but for fucks sake it was the first book and/or the first/second season, the show is on book 3.

I could hit the cruise missile button and post a spoiler from "A Game of Thrones" big enough (probably not too big, not sure if they will even explore it) to make a certain person shit his pampers, but I know the boundaries and dont test them or go over them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If you've read the books, why even discuss the show in this thread?

EDIT: This is to geffe, not Noodle.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Feel free to not post in the thread if you don't like how Tuco mods it. Also if you've read the books you've no real reason to discuss the show here, go to the spoilers thread.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It could be tough for some.. some people have read book3/4 but not book 5. Wouldn't want to go in that thread.

Anyways, I guess even reading reputation comments is not even sacred anymore.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Im on the same page as most everyone else on this thread. Ive only read A Game of Thrones and am not even a quarter way through A Clash of Kings. I answered a question and my used book knowledge to explain.

If someone asks a question about something that was addressed in a previous season and someone has book knowledge from that corresponding season that makes understanding easier without spoiling everything, that person should keep their mouth shut? If that's the case, I guess ill stfu

I have no issue with the edit, i can understand where you guys are coming from, just that season 1 was a while ago. ill watch what i post next time

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Zero book discussion in the thread. It's been said countless times over the past seasons and will remain true for future seasons.

If a sentence would begin with "Well in the book they." stop right here because it's just going to be edited out. If the show hasn't really explained something then it simply hasn't been explained.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Zero book discussion in the thread. It's been said countless times over the past seasons and will remain true for future seasons.

If a sentence would begin with "Well in the book they." stop right here because it's just going to be edited out. If the show hasn't really explained something then it simply hasn't been explained.
understood

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
without going into spoilers. id say 10 years is a seriously ambitious deadline for george RR martin.
Only thing for me is you get the history reading the books, as far as the main storyline I think the scenes that the show created make up for things the left out ie bronn/arya/tywin ect

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

you can bring up the books in some points as in descriptions and backgrounds of certain characters we have met on the show. you can also discuss events in the book as long as they have already happened on the show. no?

iannis

Musty Nester
I think it would help if you reinstated the NO PUSSY SHIT in the title.

That really did help keep they PUSSY SHIT to a minimum.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im pretty sure tarrant is fucking with ya, because we always could mention stufff from the books as long as it doesnt spoil any part of the TV show. even when Faile nazi modded the old no spoilers threaded on foh you could talk about things from the book as long as it has already occurred on the TV show

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Give a history lesson on Westeros or about characters leading up to season 1? Sure. Anything book related though that takes place in the same timeline as the show? (starting with episode 1 season 1) No.

Just don't talk about the books, it's not that hard. We talk about countless other shows that don't have books, talking about this one as if there are no books isn't hard either, people just want to make seem like it is.

Tuco's stance is much more hard nosed then mine and frankly as someone who has not read the books I'm fine with how he's doing it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My recommendation: If you've read the books don't post in this thread. If someone is confused as to why something is going on in the show, someone else who only watches the show will answer. And if there's information that's not in the show that's in the books it's possible the show is planning on revealing it in a dramatic way.

Also my recommendation: If you haven't read the books and don't want the show spoiled then don't post in this thread, because you still can get spoiled by people calling your prediction a spoiler.

A rude finalization: Nobody values your book-based knowledge in this thread. If you want to talk about the books do it in the thread about them.