The PUSSY SHIT spoiler discussion thread

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'm torn. I mean, in alot of ways I just wish the tv show fans would stop whining about spoilers and ...

Then again, I think that Game of Thrones is so much of a better tv show than 99% of tv shit out there, that I in many ways wish I hadn't read the books and could watch the show with a fresh mind. The production qualities are so much better than any show out there that they should win every award in that category without question. The amount of detail they put into even secondary characters in the show is greater than most shows do for their lead actor.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Funny thing is that i cant read and stopped reading after AGoT.
rrr_img_19827.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It seems like you should've figured out a way to make a Tuco post at the top of this or something. I almost negged him just for bitching. But then I realized it was just posts cut from the other thread.

Anyway, like I said in the Spoilers thread, if you haven't read the books at this point, it's your own fault for getting something spoilered. You're going on the internet to talk about it. Unless you've just got a completely misguided amount of faith in humanity, you should expect someone to try to spoil it for you. Just read the damn books so you don't end up fucking it up for yourself, or don't bitch if something happens.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Zero book discussion in the thread.
Request to have the thread title read 'illiterates and other vaginas ONLY'.

You're going on the internet to talk about it. Unless you've just got a completely misguided amount of faith in humanity, you should expect someone to try to spoil it for you. Just read the damn books so you don't end up fucking it up for yourself, or don't bitch if something happens.
QFT - There ought to be a limit to how long one can claim to be offended over this - the first book is from 1996. I don't know anyone still bitching about not wanting to know the Super Bowl winner from the same year. Comon now
smile.png

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Let's be real here, spoilers aren't the end of the world. I had almost every major event in the books spoiled for me and they were just as engaging and at times frustrating for me as they are for people who read them the day they came out. It reminds me of the Penny Arcade comic where Tycho is pissed at Gabe for spoiling King Kong. Come the fuck on.

That said, as a mod I carry out the will of Tuco and will fist you for violating the spoiler rule.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
My recommendation: If you've read the books don't post in this thread. If someone is confused as to why something is going on in the show, someone else who only watches the show will answer. And if there's information that's not in the show that's in the books it's possible the show is planning on revealing it in a dramatic way.

Also my recommendation: If you haven't read the books and don't want the show spoiled then don't post in this thread, because you still can get spoiled by people calling your prediction a spoiler.

A rude finalization: Nobody values your book-based knowledge in this thread. If you want to talk about the books do it in the thread about them.
Is it really so bad to talk about something that's from the past, in the books? It doesn't matter to me, my best friend has read through the books many times. When I watch the show and don't understand something, I call him.

How is it a spoiler if it's from earlier in the timeline?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
All this pussy shit about spoilers is horrible. If you haven't read the books by now (A Storm of Swords came out in 2000, for fuck's sake) then you need to stay off the Internet, or at the very least avoid places where the book is discussed.

I had the major, unexpected event of A Game of Thrones spoiled for me simply from browsing the old Funny, Strange, Random Picture thread on FoH. Did I get all pissy about it? No, because I realized it was my own fucking fault for not reading a book that was over a decade old at that point. What did I do after that? I READ THE FUCKING BOOKS SO I WOULDN'T GET SPOILED AGAIN.

*Edit* Just to clarify, I'd never purposely spoil shit for anyone, but given the nature of the Internet you shouldn't get your panties in a wad if something happens and results in a spoiler (like the unintentional neg/spoilers that spawned all this). If you're not reading the books at this point you've just begging for trouble.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh well, its no biggie, if people want to know something from the books just PM me im happy to tell you what you need to know.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is it really so bad to talk about something that's from the past, in the books? It doesn't matter to me, my best friend has read through the books many times. When I watch the show and don't understand something, I call him.

How is it a spoiler if it's from earlier in the timeline?
Nah it's not really so bad. And there's two threads for you to do it in. It's not that people really care about you going into the tv non-spoiler thread and listing out a bunch of shit that didn't happen in the tv show, it's that talking about book content invites more book discussion which inevitably leads to spoilers.

Just make it easy for non-book readers and use the two threads for book readers.

McCheese_sl said:
A Storm of Swords came out in 2000, for fuck's sake
Your argument is hindered by the fact that fresh content covering it is coming out now.