The PUSSY SHIT spoiler discussion thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
During the season it's mostly 6 days of 'I can't wait for the red wedding / battle of castle black / father's day' with a couple days of review.

Out of season it's mostly random book / show /casting stuff that pops up. Occasionally someone makes a funny and misguided post in this thread we all make fun of. Like, "Man I can't wait until Robb attacks Casterly Rock." or "There's n oway they'll kill Prince Oberyn, he's too well liked."

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Thanks for the responses.

Occasionally someone makes a funny and misguided post in this thread we all make fun of.
^^ This I can easily see, we must look like a pack of Moon Moon in here, I myself raised the big question about the significance of the phrase 'Valar Morgulis' thinking it was some big thing. But then I'm still confused over simple shit like character's names. Just use the Joke names, Sir Friendzone, Margarine etc

geffe71_sl

shitlord
they might go back and start putting in things from earlier books just to fill time. There are a lot of internal monologues and stuff that the show could put in as flashbacks.
I am still waiting for this.

rrr_img_69435.jpg

they better put the damn pilot in the series box set. I wonder what other scenes they filmed and cut out of the reshoot.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the responses.

^^ This I can easily see, we must look like a pack of Moon Moon in here, I myself raised the big question about the significance of the phrase 'Valar Morgulis' thinking it was some big thing. But then I'm still confused over simple shit like character's names. Just use the Joke names, Sir Friendzone, Margarine etc
The character's names are much easier for the show since they only show a few characters and you have a face to go along with. It's pretty much impossible for a casual reader to get everyone straight in the books since they introduce hundreds of characters and you're not sure who is actually important.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Just a question:

I've not read the books and as such have never ventured into the other GofT thread - SPOILER one -

I imagine, that the bulk of discussion is about the way that the TV show diverged from the books and so there's mostly "The Book done it better" vs "The TV show did what it did for this reason/that reason"

Is that what it's like?

I'd find some of that discussion interesting ( in truth some will also be a PITA to read ) in a few years time when the TV show has passed the books - if that happens. It could be an interesting read.

Or I could make an effort to actually read the books myself.
There are a couple of posters on Reddit who do a lot of backstory/lore or book/show comparisons without giving any or very little spoilers. The one I was reading did every episode of this season and half of last season, plus some offseason stuff.

It was interesting and I felt that even though I didn't read any of the books I could explain why some things are the way they are at least.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I imagine, that the bulk of discussion is about the way that the TV show diverged from the books and so there's mostly "The Book done it better" vs "The TV show did what it did for this reason/that reason"

Is that what it's like?
The majority of that thread is ruined by "Maester Chuk", who claims to have read the books but is constantly posting complete nonsense and ludricous theories - despite people constantly telling him he's a retard, they don't seem to have put him on ignore like I have. And the stupidity continues!

Siliconemelons

I'd say she switched to the evil side when she didn't kill the Hound. He was genuinely protecting her at the end and even though he wasn't nice and honorable it's still evil to not ease his suffering.
hurm... its a complicated scene... I think Arya knew that she needed to remove the hound from her list- yet she kept saying it every night, she also knew he was sputtering mean things to get her to kill him, and also let her take him off her list by killing him-- however her leaving if more of her telling him he is no longer on the list, than sit there and suffer! you hath eaten your last chicken! And... if his dumbass big brother isn't dead, I still will give him a chance at survival, just because.

As for the lannisters, Jamie, I dunno wtf he is doing... or going to do now.. Cerci? she has never really been a big picture kinda gal- I think her playing the game so well was that daddy cleaned up her missteps- so now? who knows what is going to happen. Tommnen needs to get p-whipped and controlled fully by Margery and Cerci is out of power then.

edit: Most of the change in the final Tyrion scene was replacing Shay with his first wife- as stated
in the books Shay was just a straight up camp following whore, the show made her out to be more than that, maybe we where only "seeing" tyrions view of her, that is until the trial... I at first figured she was caught before she could leave and forced to testify etc... but nope- she just swapped her lions in for a more powerful one to keep what she had going... showing her as nothing more than... a whore, while tyrion could not see that really... until he saw her, and heard her call who she thought was tywin "my lion" - then its WWE choke slam time

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Delete this if you must, but it has to do with the above. I watch with a book reader and he said that the whole scene with Bran at the tree happens in Book 5 (season 4 is supposed to be the back end of Book 3), so they seem to be advancing the boring storylines pretty quickly as referenced by Tenks. FYI im only at the Janos Slynt (pussy at the wall) being removed from duty as Lord Commander of the City Watch part of Book 2, so I am way behind the show.
Yeah a book friend of mine told me Bran's storyline is done. What happened in this season's finalie concludes his storyline done in book 5.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The character's names are much easier for the show since they only show a few characters and you have a face to go along with. It's pretty much impossible for a casual reader to get everyone straight in the books since they introduce hundreds of characters and you're not sure who is actually important.
So much this. I swear the amount of knights and lords and shit in the books is astronomical. If you ever wondered which bannermen joined Robb Stark when he crowned himself King of the North, go ahead and read the books. You'll get a list of every single one, who their dad was, how many sisters they have, and what their favorite food is.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah a book friend of mine told me Bran's storyline is done. What happened in this season's finalie concludes his storyline done in book 5.
To be fair he doesn't have a whole lot of storyline in book 5 anyway, only 3 chapters. 2 of which were shown this season. If they followed the books, he would have just been travelling north of the wall, very slowly, this season. It's just his company walking (except for bran of course because he can't walk trololol). Bran is the most "typical fantasy adventure" storyline in ASOIAF, somewhat of a jab on the whole concept of "young person who discovers he has magic powers goes on an epic adventure" trope. So of course in GRRMs version he's a cripple and can't walk, and also, it's a whole bunch of boring walking, because that's what most of the tolkienesque stories are, whole lot of walking. Mind you its somewhat more interesting than this because there was another character travelling with them that they opted not to include in the TV show. Think of LOTR when the hobbits meet "strider" at the Inn and he accompanies them on their epic adventure. The character is somewhat of a homage to aragorn, he's even a ranger, but in typical GRRM fashion this trope is turned on it's head.

In book 5 (bran is not in book 4 at all), his first chapter covers them discovering Craster's Keep (though bran doesn't know what it is) and the previously mentioned character not included in the TV show kills the remnants of the NW mutineers. his second chapter is them finally arriving at the tree and getting in the fight with the wights who were laying in ambush to kill them, and he finally meets the 3 eyed raven.

He does have 1 more chapter in book 5 to go, as well as a some preview chapters from book 6 (Winds of winter) that involves bran, so they aren't out of book content yet, but they are awfully close.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
At the end of the books, or at least the ones I read, there is an appendix of all the people. So Lord Meaningless of House Tiny and his son Ser Meaningless is betrothed to Maid Whatshername is all spelled out in the back. It is funny because the Freys entry is like 5x longer than everyone else.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I guess I'm done with this thread until next season because the mod's have gone from indiscriminately removing any mention of the word book to allowing book discussion that does feature spoilers without any recrimination.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The majority of that thread is ruined by "Maester Chuk", who claims to have read the books but is constantly posting complete nonsense and ludricous theories - despite people constantly telling him he's a retard, they don't seem to have put him on ignore like I have. And the stupidity continues!
only a faggot would call someone out in a thread they do not post in.
only a faggot would would put somebody down for supposedly being a non book reader in a thread full of non book readers
only a faggot would still be complaining about someone's posts they claim to have put on ignore.
that makes you a triple faggot ossoi. how do you like them apples?