The PUSSY SHIT spoiler discussion thread

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's a small change, but as written it makes more sense.

Lol Tarrant such a pussy. You can exercise some common sense in application to the rules you know. Anyone with half a brain could see that spoilered nothing.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tarrant pulling pussy shit. No one saw that coming.
Or maybe he's doing what he's supposed to do which has been stated a hundred fucking times in this thread. Don't talk about the books. Your fucking obsession with Tarrant is the pussy shit. Find a new hobby.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Please refrain from using the word "book" in this thread.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If people want to know what happened in the book they can use the book / spoiler thread or PM me or some other book reader. Does it spoil anything? Nah not really. But there's a clear line that makes this stuff easy.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Or maybe he's doing what he's supposed to do which has been stated a hundred fucking times in this thread. Don't talk about the books. Your fucking obsession with Tarrant is the pussy shit. Find a new hobby.
Your defense of Tarrant's pussy shit is the pussy shit, pussy. Fag.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I didn't even do anything, lol. People get angry at me for doing things when I don't do things. It's pretty amazing.

mimirswell_sl

shitlord
Wow, you can visually see how close they were to the first book and how it goes downhill from there.

As has been mentioned before I've gotten a little looser with book stuff since the finale. Part of this is because it's after the show so anyone hunting in this thread wants more than what the show has to offer, and also because the last episode was a bit confusing and had some omissions with Tyrion that I think people should know about. I'll probably continue to not hit people for posting innocent stuff until people start dropping hints about the next season.
Yeah, I accidentally responded to the wrong thread with this anyway and I see you responded for me, thanks. I agree, the variance as the show goes on is getting rather massive, which is probably fine since the show is almost certain to outpace the books.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wow, you can visually see how close they were to the first book and how it goes downhill from there.

As has been mentioned before I've gotten a little looser with book stuff since the finale. Part of this is because it's after the show so anyone hunting in this thread wants more than what the show has to offer, and also because the last episode was a bit confusing and had some omissions with Tyrion that I think people should know about. I'll probably continue to not hit people for posting innocent stuff until people start dropping hints about the next season.
It makes sense, though. With the way books 3, 4 and 5 were done it would be strange to just remove Theon from the picture for all of seasons 3 and 4 then re-introduce him. They also seemed to try and give Dany's storyline the same treatment as the others in Westeros and in the books she doesn't get nearly as much perspective.

Also it seems like most movies/shows based on books tend to stay pretty true to the storylines for a bit then branch off for cinematic purposes.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

It also helps that the book content is quickly running out. It's getting to the point where book readers don't have as vast an amount of knowledge to spoil non-readers with. I'd imagine that midway through next season, it'll just be book readers bitching about how they changed x from the book (not that that's exactly what's happening right now).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It also helps that the book content is quickly running out. It's getting to the point where book readers don't have as vast an amount of knowledge to spoil non-readers with. I'd imagine that midway through next season, it'll just be book readers bitching about how they changed x from the book (not that that's exactly what's happening right now).
I've refrained from posting in this thread for the most part since I'm now done with book3 and about 30% the way through book4 (which has future storylines not discussed on the show) but I'm even shocked to see how close to completion Dany and Reek's storylines are looking. I guess they're really banking on book6 being out next year.

Siliconemelons

Without the Hound I don't see how I can suffer any more of Arya's storyline. She is just as annoying as Sansa before getting visited by Extreme Makeover Vale Edition.

I didn't really care for the high fantasy children of the forest crap with Bran. I prefer the low fantasy setting of King's Landing and the in-fighting and political scheming. The show itself is taking more of a mid/high fantasy turn that I don't really care for in general that started with the Melly crapping out a shadow baby, went to the Walkers, then Lightning Lord getting quickcast rez cast upon him now we have full on animated skeletons battling a 9 year old kawaii Moe character who flings Mario fireballs.
The books and in turn show- was always high fantasy- the political stuff in the first was really back story- he did a great job at that and was meant to establish the world etc. and move onward... however THAT aspect became so popular that it is what it became about rather than the high fantasy core. He will deny it as not to hurt the fanbase but the core of the story is - people forgot about ice zombies, and somewhat magic... magic (dragons) are back and so are ice zombies and fools are too busy playing "the game of thrones" to care about human existence... why do you think ice zombies are just kinda wondering around doing nothing for a few books.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I've refrained from posting in this thread for the most part since I'm now done with book3 and about 30% the way through book4 (which has future storylines not discussed on the show) but I'm even shocked to see how close to completion Dany and Reek's storylines are looking. I guess they're really banking on book6 being out next year.
Delete this if you must, but it has to do with the above. I watch with a book reader and he said that the whole scene with Bran at the tree happens in Book 5 (season 4 is supposed to be the back end of Book 3), so they seem to be advancing the boring storylines pretty quickly as referenced by Tenks. FYI im only at the Janos Slynt (pussy at the wall) being removed from duty as Lord Commander of the City Watch part of Book 2, so I am way behind the show.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Just a question:

I've not read the books and as such have never ventured into the other GofT thread - SPOILER one -

I imagine, that the bulk of discussion is about the way that the TV show diverged from the books and so there's mostly "The Book done it better" vs "The TV show did what it did for this reason/that reason"

Is that what it's like?

I'd find some of that discussion interesting ( in truth some will also be a PITA to read ) in a few years time when the TV show has passed the books - if that happens. It could be an interesting read.

Or I could make an effort to actually read the books myself.

Flank_sl

shitlord
Just a question:

I've not read the books and as such have never ventured into the other GofT thread - SPOILER one -

I imagine, that the bulk of discussion is about the way that the TV show diverged from the books and so there's mostly "The Book done it better" vs "The TV show did what it did for this reason/that reason"

Is that what it's like?

I'd find some of that discussion interesting ( in truth some will also be a PITA to read ) in a few years time when the TV show has passed the books - if that happens. It could be an interesting read.

Or I could make an effort to actually read the books myself.
Some of it is like that. A lot of it may contain spoilers up until the end of the show. The show and books do not always do things in the same order. There will be things that were mentioned in the earlier books that may appear in later seasons of the show.

Another thing is that if the show does pass the books, they might go back and start putting in things from earlier books just to fill time. There are a lot of internal monologues and stuff that the show could put in as flashbacks. Basically, if you read that thread in detail you will certainly spoil at least some future events in the show.