The PUSSY SHIT spoiler discussion thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ok, what would you define as acceptable content for the non-spoiler thread that wasn't aired in the tv show?

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Now clearly there is a line. If you say "Stannis Baratheon is being cast and will be in season 2, he is the middle brother of Renly and Robert, you might remember he left King's Landing shortly before Ned got there", how does that spoil anything? Now if you instead said "Stannis Baratheon is being cast, boy I can't wait until he goes to sack King's Landing and kills his brother Renly", yeah.
this. as long as you aren't giving away what's going to happen, or making asshat comments like ned stark's hair sure is long. he needs a hair cut *nudge nudge*, it's all fair game imo. otherwise a non-spoiler thread ends up looking like this
rrr_img_28791.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats pretty much what it is now. if fedor isnt bumping it or a book reader comments, shit is usually dead a day or two after an episode.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's the second biggest thread here after the Spoileriffic GoT thread. It's doing fine. Keep that shit squeaky clean. Quit being faggots looking for any minor bullshit to nitpick and argue about, if you have read the books get the fuck out of that thread.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's the second biggest thread here after the Spoileriffic GoT thread. It's doing fine. Keep that shit squeaky clean. Quit being faggots looking for any minor bullshit to nitpick and argue about, if you have read the books get the fuck out of that thread.
Make me.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
But I wannna talk about characters that haven't been cast!!!!! There's surely nowhere to speak of it besides the no spoiler thread!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what if someone says " hey enrico palazzo was just announced to appear in season 4!" leaving out what character they are to play?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I think the issue is that it is talking about a character that hasn't even been mentioned in the show yet?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
apparently actors names alone are spoilers.
Why discuss if he is an appropriate actor in a thread where we can't discuss the character?

You know what. I'm not doing this with you again tonight. Everyone but you is wrong Astr0,you are the only smart one, gobbling turkeys and so on. Christ.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who is Omar going to portray?
In season 2 of The Wire Omar accidentally reads from the Necronomicon, gets transported to Westeros, then starts dealing milk of the poppy across the seven kingdoms. Eventually Thoros of Myr sends him back home.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why discuss if he is an appropriate actor in a thread where we can't discuss the character?

You know what. I'm not doing this with you again tonight. Everyone but you is wrong Astr0,you are the only smart one, gobbling turkeys and so on. Christ.
2 months before she appeared on the show i announced in the Elementary thread that the chick who plays margaery tyrell was to appear in elementary. somehow civilization continued

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Jesus christ, just don't fucking spoil shit. Why does everything have to be come epic battle of wills on this fucking board lately? Just don't be a dick.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Jesus christ, just don't fucking spoil shit.
Sure, everyone can agree on that. The problem is, its hard for me to see how saying
Mace Tyrell, Maergary and Loras's father, is being cast for s4
spoils the story in any way. Especially when HBO itself will be "spoiling" this information all over the place, even to the point of releasing promotional videos with all the new characters before the next season.

I don't want to ruin anyone's viewing experience, but I really can't see how that hurts anything. In fact I think it adds something because we can talk about actors we would love to see (or not) in the show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the definition of spoilers is becoming more and more of a gray area. do not post stuff that hasnt happened yet on the show was the standard. then it was do not post stuff about the show even if its about something that has already happened on the show but was different in the books. then its people who read the books are cautioned not to post anything in the non spoiler thread at all in because you may post a potential something that some delicate snowflake might construe as a spoiler. now its do not name an actor thats going to appear in an unaired show. its getting silly dude.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Sure, everyone can agree on that. The problem is, its hard for me to see how saying
Mace Tyrell, Maergary and Loras's father, is being cast for s4
spoils the story in any way. Especially when HBO itself will be "spoiling" this information all over the place, even to the point of releasing promotional videos with all the new characters before the next season.

I don't want to ruin anyone's viewing experience, but I really can't see how that hurts anything. In fact I think it adds something because we can talk about actors we would love to see (or not) in the show.
On its own it doesn't. But it is meaningless to no-spoiler people (they don't know who they are) and the subject can't really be discussed.

So why post it there?

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
game of thrones: current king of the jimmies

what about a non reader that wants to discuss exactly that. i guess that poster should accept getting spoiled. the line should be drawn on dickness, or dickhood. whichever you prefer. not on casting and show related stuff like that.

the truth is, the internet exists, bros.
In season 2 of The Wire Omar accidentally reads from the Necronomicon, gets transported to Westeros, then starts dealing milk of the poppy across the seven kingdoms. Eventually Thoros of Myr sends him back home.
nowthatis a spoiler

khalid

Unelected Mod
But it is meaningless to no-spoiler people (they don't know who they are)
How is it meaningless? Lets take the
Mace Tyrell discussion
. You have HUGE threads on various unspoiled sites with nonbook readers speculating about how having this new character could effect things in Kings Landing. People can talk about how soandso did a great job in various roles, or even talk about what their characters might be like based on the actors. Its unlikely that Michael K Williams (Omar, Chalky) would be cast for a role of some wimpy nonfighter.

By the current rules (which aren't the old rules), this fucking video would be a "spoiler"

That is just flat out silly and this kind of video caused a fuckload of discussion by tv viewers.