The PUSSY SHIT spoiler discussion thread

I think attog should be banned from the thread, honestly. RRP him.
619dUPA.jpg

khalid

Unelected Mod
EDIT: Character is not on the show yet, so it's considered a spoiler. Feel free to discuss it in the other thread.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He plays a character on Boardwalk Empire right now and he fucking owns!

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
chalky white? you're damn right he owns. he owns like a muthafucka. seriously though, that's another really good show.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
EDIT: Character is not on the show yet, so it's considered a spoiler. Feel free to discuss it in the other thread.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
fedor posted michael k. william's reaction to RW. i made a random joke. neither post had anything to do with oberyn or any other non-show name drop.

khalid

Unelected Mod
We can't even mention the names of people that are about to be cast? Wtf. How does that spoil anything?

Spoiler alert: Zod was cast in Man of Steel. Gratz I ruined it for you.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Who do you want to mention in the thread designed to discuss only what has been aired on the tv show?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Oberyn Martell and his paramour are being cast, along with Mace Tyrell (Dad to Loras).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'm out of line but when the community created two threads, one about what's only happened in the show(non spoiler) and another about everything that's happened in the books, interviews etc(spoiler thread) it seems pretty clear cut that discussing a character not introduced yet in the show should be done in the spoiler thread.

In fact, a spoiler thread in the tv show forum is explicitly defined as the place to talk about casting decisions, more so than entertaining theories about what's happened in the 5th and 6th books.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I do not recall that distinction being made clear at all. I believe people freely talked about the new cast members in the unspoiled thread, after all many of them want to talk or discuss things about the upcoming season and certainly at the comic cons and the like they make big announcements of new cast members in front of non-book readers.

Now clearly there is a line. If you say "Stannis Baratheon is being cast and will be in season 2, he is the middle brother of Renly and Robert, you might remember he left King's Landing shortly before Ned got there", how does that spoil anything? Now if you instead said "Stannis Baratheon is being cast, boy I can't wait until he goes to sack King's Landing and kills his brother Renly", yeah.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Clearly a third thread needs to be spawned for retarded non-readers along the lines of "Game of Thrones no spoilers NO PUSSY SHIT except for discussion of future casting and interviews!!!"

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I agree, saying "Oberyn Martell is cast as Omar from Lost" doesn't really spoil anything except the name and look of a new character. The reasons I argue that you should do that in the spoiler thread is:
1. You didn't learn who Oberyn Martell is from the tv show.
2. Discussing post-TV show events in even the most innocent of terms only invites discussion about the subject.
3. It's much easier to draw the line as "If it wasn't in the aired tv show episodes it doesn't belong in the non-spoiler thread" than "If we all agree as a community that it doesn't really spoil anything then it can be in the non-spoiler thread". One is 100% factual and unbiased, the other is an opinion.

Now if you're in the zone where you want to discuss post-tv show events but haven't read the books my recommendation would be to read the books. There was several months where I was in this zone and it was annoying. This forum doesn't really have support for arbitrarily categorized threads. Reddit has like a dozen different spoiler-level categories for its titles in the GoT reddit.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Are we also not allowed to discuss interviews of cast members? Or is it that if you are a book reader you can't discuss interviews or casting, but a tv show viewer only can?
I don't know and I don't give a shit. I've read the books and I hang out in the spoiler thread with the cool kids where we discuss whatever the fuck we want. To be safe a fourth thread should be made along the lines of "Game of Thrones no spoilers NO PUSSY SHIT only interviews not talking about future episodes and casting thread!!!"

Get with the program, bros.

khalid

Unelected Mod
It's much easier to draw the line as "If it wasn't in the aired tv show episodes it doesn't belong in the non-spoiler thread" than "If we all agree as a community that it doesn't really spoil anything then it can be in the non-spoiler thread". One is 100% factual and unbiased, the other is an opinion.
I don't think we need a hard and fast line. NO PUSSY SHIT remember. Saying Stannis is being cast isn't pussy shit. Saying he is going to kill Renly clearly is.