The Queen's Gambit

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It avoids the SJW tropes but still has a few "ugh" elements like the tranny in the orphanage, and the black orphan being straight up racist.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It avoids the SJW tropes but still has a few "ugh" elements like the tranny in the orphanage, and the black orphan being straight up racist.
There's a tranny in the orphanage? This episode 1 or later?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Finished it tonight and enjoyed it quite a lot.

It‘s cliché at times, but it’s really well done. Well written, well directed, well acted, interesting characters and subject matter. I love the period, and set designs were really nice.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
She almost looks artificial. Its like she is a mannequin come to life. She is beautiful but it is a different kind of beauty that ebbs and flows as she moves.

Her eyes look like that creature from Ice Age! But she is absolutely beautiful most of the time!
If anyone is on the fence about this like I was because they don't want to watch a woke Netflix female empowerment drama, I'm two episodes in and there's zero SJW tropes in this.

It's pretty good.
Agree, it's just great!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show didnt really sound interesting to me at all even though I enjoy chess. But based on all your reviews Ill definitely be checking it out now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The big bitch that sings/plays piano and teaches the religious stuff is a tranny. How the fuck did you not notice based on his voice alone?

Oh I did notice the voice actually, the character has so few lines that I forgot about it.

Nothing wrong with trans people being actors and playing weirdo orphanage staff and trans stuff not beint mentioned at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Alexy root is legitimate one of the best female chess players ever. I crushed her on simul at the womens texas university.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Total side note....

Walter Tevis is the author, and he wrote another novel that really shaped me early on. That book was called "The Hustler" (Movie later with Paul Newman)

Either book is worth the read, in my opinion.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just finished this, it's great. Really enjoyed it.

It's a look back to how feminism used to be, just show women doing things and having personality/flaws, rather than a parade of cartoon sexists and woke allies praising the protagonist.

I also like how she Vegeta'd everyone she played, it felt like a shonen manga by the end lol.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Will watch next time i subscribe to netflix for my month of marathoning shit. Thnx bros.

Malkav

French Madman
I also like how she Vegeta'd everyone she played, it felt like a shonen manga by the end lol.
Haha yes, that last tournament in Russia was glorious, they got rekt one by one.

Really enjoyed the show, wouldn't have given it a try without this thread so thank you guys.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've never been so fucking invested in chess in my life.

• 2Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Big eyes just make you think she is young and fertile, so basically you’re all pedos, but this is FoH. Nothing new.

Would also bang. Haven’t seen show.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Maul

Dental Dammer
Big eyes just make you think she is young and fertile, so basically you’re all pedos, but this is FoH. Nothing new.

Would also bang. Haven’t seen show.
star-wars-admiral-ackbar-1559425317.jpg

You sick fuck.

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users