The Random Thought Thread

P8P_sl

shitlord
from time to time...i imagine the different female news personalities (weather girls, traffic girls, field reporters, anchors) from some different channels engaging in a rough, messy, dirty, hardcore, lesbian orgy...i'll leave out the details, otherwise people might start thinking i'm weird...

that...and i'm wondering if i should add a picture to my signature...

P8P_sl

shitlord
i don't really know why...but mid-day yesterday...all of a sudden...i started smelling vomit...everywhere...

for awhile i thought it was residual smells coming from my nephew, who was visiting...but i discovered (or so i thought) the source was coming from my sweater...this puzzled me because i have not puked for a couple of months now, and my clothes were clean...however i changed and felt the matter done with...

It wasn't too long before I started smelling vomit again...frustrated, confused, and inquisitive, I took off my clothes, and sniffed furiously...didn't really smell vomit. So, I went back to the original sweater and sniffed...i tended to notice a strong vomit odor coming from a very particular area on it...huh...some of the smell must be on my chest now (quickly, yet thoroughly wash)...

Not even 10 minutes later...vomit smell...GOD DAMN IT!!!!...sniff my clothes...don't really smell anything...sniff old sweater, bad vomit smell...have others sniff current clothes and old sweater...now this is where it gets interesting because no one could smell vomit on the clothes I was currently wearing OR the sweater, where I happened to have smelled it strongly on more than one occasion now...i can smell everything else around the house just fine (air fresheners, food cooking, old lady farts, the very distinct smell of failure as all my NCAA picks lost)...

so...wut do?...

Angry now that I seem to be having phantom smells (especially of such an unpleasant, rancid odor of vomit), I did some searching online...my best conclusion is that my nasal passage was probably constricted (why, i dunno), which can apparently cause olfactory impairments, including hallucinations...

having this behind me, i'm going to take a shit, make myself a drink, and play some old-school 3D shooters on the PC...

P8P_sl

shitlord
I went to church...I started getting a stiffy, so i had to start listening to the sermon before we stood up again...

P8P_sl

shitlord
i found out that if i dug a whole straight through the center of the earth, went through, and survived, i would not end up in China...instead, i would be somewhere in the mid-southern Indian Ocean...

P8P_sl

shitlord
does anyone else ever have a hard time differentiating between the smell of dried urine and Cheerios?

Salshun_sl

shitlord
A buddy at work said this, and I agree.

"We are the first generation that remains nostalgic about the things we loved as children, our hobbies and entertainment. Our grandfathers do not think about their favorite TV shows, toys, or past times. We however, have Transformers and G.I. Joe emblems tattooed onto us."

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
The universe is mostly empty space. The world we experience is strange in terms of how it is structured. The smaller in scale, or larger in scale at which one observes the universe, the greater the ratio of empty space to non empty space. Everything appears to exist in complete isolation separated by vast gulfs of emptiness. It is only here, at our level in the cosmos that things seem as if they are in close proximity. To be able to touch and interact directly with anything is an illusion produced by our unrefined senses.

Time is not a constant. Every individual part of the universe is experiencing a slightly unique rate of time based on the current gravitational field it exists in. The physical laws and observations made here on earth only appear correct in similar gravitational fields. If we could move ourselves to a different part of our own galaxy and then observe the earth, it would appear to be moving too fast or too slow. So, time suddenly becomes a byproduct of being able to observe a universe in motion. If there is nothing to observe or there is no motion, time loses all meaning and effectively disappears.

Every piece of matter in the entire universe is connected to every other piece directly through gravity. Every atom in your body is pulling on the farthest observable galaxy and everything in between. Gravitational forces between two objects weaken with distance, but never go away. All other matter in the universe combined pales in comparison to the pull the earth is exhibiting on us, and then moon and then the sun and other planets, and the rest of our own galaxy, but it's effects are still there.

When you look at a star, the photon of light that enters your eye and reacts with the photo receptive cells in the back of your retina can be a few million years old. If you happen to take in light from one of the neighboring galaxies in our local group; you will be seeing light that began it's journey around the time our earliest ancestors in the genus homo first evolved.

I forgot to put out the trash.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
A buddy at work said this, and I agree.

"We are the first generation that remains nostalgic about the things we loved as children, our hobbies and entertainment. Our grandfathers do not think about their favorite TV shows, toys, or past times. We however, have Transformers and G.I. Joe emblems tattooed onto us."
That's because your grandfather's childhood was shoveling shit, or shoveling coal, or shoveling snow, or shoveling dead baby animals into the furnace... it was never fun and always involved shoveling. Your grandfather was damn happy not to be a child anymore because being a child used to suck balls. The best that you could hope for was to go to bed without being given something to cry about.

Instead your grandfather got tattoos about the things worth remembering; like women's tits, time spent in the military and the names of people he vowed to kill. You grandfather was a bad-ass and always wondered where the hell your parents went wrong with you.

He tried his best to teach you about the finer things in life; like drinking, smoking cigars, playing cards with your war buddies, shooting guns, and working on farm equipment. But you always started crying and he always had to get your mother to take you home before he went and got the belt to help "whip the girl outta yah".

We aren't the first generation to be nostalgic for our childhoods, we're the first generation that missed our opportunity to grow the fuck up.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
That's because your grandfather's childhood was shoveling shit, or shoveling coal, or shoveling snow, or shoveling dead baby animals into the furnace... it was never fun and always involved shoveling. Your grandfather was damn happy not to be a child anymore because being a child used to suck balls. The best that you could hope for was to go to bed without being given something to cry about.

Instead your grandfather got tattoos about the things worth remembering; like women's tits, time spent in the military and the names of people he vowed to kill. You grandfather was a bad-ass and always wondered where the hell your parents went wrong with you.

He tried his best to teach you about the finer things in life; like drinking, smoking cigars, playing cards with your war buddies, shooting guns, and working on farm equipment. But you always started crying and he always had to get your mother to take you home before he went and got the belt to help "whip the girl outta yah".

We aren't the first generation to be nostalgic for our childhoods, we're the first generation that missed our opportunity to grow the fuck up.
We did grow up, and get nice jobs, and have families. Maybe we're just the first generation that didn't define shitty childhoods as our personal legacies. Thanks to our grandfathers, childhood wasn't a cross to bear. They earned their rights to watch their grandchildren enjoy simple things, then make lives for us without making us see what they saw. Then they watched cartoons with us.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
We did grow up, and get nice jobs, and have families. Maybe we're just the first generation that didn't define shitty childhoods as our personal legacies. Thanks to our grandfathers, childhood wasn't a cross to bear. They earned their rights to watch their grandchildren enjoy simple things, then make lives for us without making us see what they saw. Then they watched cartoons with us.
*Goes and gets the belt*

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have you guys seen the generation coming up? They are fucking scary. I have classes with some of these shitsticks. I wonder if it was just as shocking for our grandparents.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
The universe is mostly empty space. The world we experience is strange in terms of how it is structured. The smaller in scale, or larger in scale at which one observes the universe, the greater the ratio of empty space to non empty space. Everything appears to exist in complete isolation separated by vast gulfs of emptiness. It is only here, at our level in the cosmos that things seem as if they are in close proximity. To be able to touch and interact directly with anything is an illusion produced by our unrefined senses.

Time is not a constant. Every individual part of the universe is experiencing a slightly unique rate of time based on the current gravitational field it exists in. The physical laws and observations made here on earth only appear correct in similar gravitational fields. If we could move ourselves to a different part of our own galaxy and then observe the earth, it would appear to be moving too fast or too slow. So, time suddenly becomes a byproduct of being able to observe a universe in motion. If there is nothing to observe or there is no motion, time loses all meaning and effectively disappears.

Every piece of matter in the entire universe is connected to every other piece directly through gravity. Every atom in your body is pulling on the farthest observable galaxy and everything in between. Gravitational forces between two objects weaken with distance, but never go away. All other matter in the universe combined pales in comparison to the pull the earth is exhibiting on us, and then moon and then the sun and other planets, and the rest of our own galaxy, but it's effects are still there.

When you look at a star, the photon of light that enters your eye and reacts with the photo receptive cells in the back of your retina can be a few million years old. If you happen to take in light from one of the neighboring galaxies in our local group; you will be seeing light that began it's journey around the time our earliest ancestors in the genus homo first evolved.

I forgot to put out the trash.
So what does all this mean?

That it's OK to be overweight because it just makes you a more attractive and powerful force in the universe.
And when someone asks you why you don't try harder to lose weight, tell them '...gravity'.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
best thing in life is when you take an enormous shit, go ahead and wipe assuming the worst and it comes back clean

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't like it when I see a pregnant woman smoking, 'cause that baby is already cooler than me...

P8P_sl

shitlord
i got photoshop cs6 earlier today; first time ever having any photoshop...,...,...i have no idea how to begin learning that shit...thankfully it didn't umm...cost me much...