The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Oh lord The Grudge came out yesterday. I didn't even know that was a thing until the trailer video and it's already out and has already flopped.

The future is moving too fast!
[

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What surprised me most was that Bad Boys rated being dumped in January. I thought that series was summer blockbuster stuff, or are those guys just too old and washed up? Now that I think about it, After Earth was the last Will Smith movie I watched.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
What surprised me most was that Bad Boys rated being dumped in January. I thought that series was summer blockbuster stuff, or are those guys just too old and washed up? Now that I think about it, After Earth was the last Will Smith movie I watched.

I was curious so I went to check -- Bright was the last thing I saw him in, and that's only because it was on Netflix, but before that it was MIB 3.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i saw Suicide Squad 4 years ago. last Will Smith film i saw in the theater was Independence Day. he's really nobody now.

• 1Picard

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah both Bad Boys and Dr. Dolittle coming out in Jan. is pretty surprising considering the leads. Hope the RLM guys do a HitB on Grudge, always enjoy the lolz.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well my son wants to see Dolittle and Sonic, but I he's an idiot 7 year old, so that's no judge. That line-up looks hilarious.

EDIT - "Didn't Martin Lawrence die when that Walmart truck hit him?" BAHAHAHAHAHA that joke took about 5 mins to register.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well my son wants to see Dolittle and Sonic, but I he's an idiot 7 year old, so that's no judge. That line-up looks hilarious.

EDIT - "Didn't Martin Lawrence die when that Walmart truck hit him?" BAHAHAHAHAHA that joke took about 5 mins to register.

Didn't they just make a Dr Dolittle movie? You could look like a wizard when you produce a movie that isn't out yet.

edit - there's one with Eddie Murphy I guess

edit edit - there's way more books than I thought there was

iannis

Musty Nester
i saw Suicide Squad 4 years ago. last Will Smith film i saw in the theater was Independence Day. he's really nobody now.

Well, he's still somebody. He's ensconsed in that Hollywood Royalty tier.

It doesn't really matter if the movies that he makes anymore are good. It matters if they're profitable... because he has to be a "get this guy in your movie and you will do better than if you invest in alt-tech" figure in order to retain his status. Which he still is. But they're not good and they haven't been in a long time.

Adam Sandler proves that "good" matters a whole lot less than you might think it does.

Will Smith isn't nobody until he starts losing money on movies. And when that happens he's still somebody... he's just a producer instead of an actor. He's been making that transition for the past ten years though, so he's no dummy.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, he's still somebody. He's ensconsed in that Hollywood Royalty tier.

It doesn't really matter if the movies that he makes anymore are good. It matters if they're profitable... because he has to be a "get this guy in your movie and you will do better than if you invest in alt-tech" figure in order to retain his status. Which he still is. But they're not good and they haven't been in a long time.

Adam Sandler proves that "good" matters a whole lot less than you might think it does.

Will Smith isn't nobody until he starts losing money on movies. And when that happens he's still somebody... he's just a producer instead of an actor. He's been making that transition for the past ten years though, so he's no dummy.
i dont care if hollywood thinks he's a big deal and i am sure he thinks he is a really big deal still. but his films tend to suck for the most part.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What happened to Martin Lawrence anyway? He was huge and everywhere and then he wasn't. Did he forget to pay his taxes like Wesley Snipes?

Rime

<Donor>
What happened to Martin Lawrence anyway? He was huge and everywhere and then he wasn't. Did he forget to pay his taxes like Wesley Snipes?

Dude had several meltdowns on and off set, including one where he ran around LA waving a pistol and shouting that 'they are trying to kill me'. Soured his reputation something fierce. Then he ended up taking more comedic/silly roles, he held them for a while. He tried more serious roles, which flopped, then television, which flopped, then comedy, which also... flopped. He is trying to make his third or fourth comeback now.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I have to say, Red Letter Media needs to go back to their roots, because they are starting to get boring now. The Re:Views are OCCASIONALLY a nice alternative, the intimate setting videos ok, but they need to go back to the well of bad movies soon or they are going to lose a lot of their recent audience.

That Mandalorian video was fucking stale and trite.

I dunno, maybe these guys are getting too old to watch terrible movies and get day and night drunk twice a week, but I am getting a little concerned at the moment. The Nerd Crew stuff is still amazing, I concede, but with Star Wars over where does that schtick go?

Edit - I am "getting ratioed" because I think RLM is getting tired. I still love them, I have been a fan since almost day 1, I just feel like their energy is seriously waning and I am scared.

Last edited:
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

He's a pain in the ass and his movies stopped making money. You only get to be a pain in the ass if you still make money.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
9OtaZUM1OwYCSq8BU4qc3mc3xS2.jpg

Title: The Rich Evans Anthology

Genre: Comedy

Director: Mike Stoklasa

Cast: Rich Evans

Release: 2012-03-30

Runtime: 12

Plot: An anthology collection of short films surrounding Rich Evans, thespian and philantropist.

• 4Like
  • 1Oscar Bait
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Did some shit to give the thread a proper sized entry on the forum index. Chukzombi Chukzombi your original post that started the thread off seems to have been replaced by the addon. I don't recall there being anything in the post that the thread relies on, but if you want to add something to it that had been there before, just PM me and I'll get it fixed up for you.

iannis

Musty Nester
I have to say, Red Letter Media needs to go back to their roots, because they are starting to get boring now. The Re:Views are OCCASIONALLY a nice alternative, the intimate setting videos ok, but they need to go back to the well of bad movies soon or they are going to lose a lot of their recent audience.

That Mandalorian video was fucking stale and trite.

I dunno, maybe these guys are getting too old to watch terrible movies and get day and night drunk twice a week, but I am getting a little concerned at the moment. The Nerd Crew stuff is still amazing, I concede, but with Star Wars over where does that schtick go?

Edit - I am "getting ratioed" because I think RLM is getting tired. I still love them, I have been a fan since almost day 1, I just feel like their energy is seriously waning and I am scared.

It's gotten to where they've literally got nothing else to say about Star Wars or Star Trek, but their fanbase demands that they talk about it.

For the best of the worsts, they've had some horrible ones. Complete wastes of time. It's super hit and miss... which is the whole gimmick. They do try to deliver some entertainment anyway... but if they watch 5 industrial training videos... what can really be said?

But then they find "Explodin Varmits" or "Surviving Edged Weapons" and life is good again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users