The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Turtle Dreams felt like it was trying to brainwash you, and just doing a very bad job of it. Could've totally been used in some sort of Clockwork Orange scenario.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So my interpretation is Shat being a dick bag because of random followers being typical Twitter tresh, and RLM has yet to even respond. I'm sure they're stunned. As am I. All over a random pic of Mike in a Kelvin time line shirt. Jesus. Don't ever meet your heroes.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He's been dealing with ultra nerds for a half century. He remembers when Star Trek conventions were brand new and he was doing them. I can get him being a grump on twitter. He's probably been pitched tens of thousands of "you should do X with Y" nerd shit.

• 4Like

iannis

Musty Nester
The Shat has no patience for this bullshit. And he's like 80, been dealing with that for more than half his life like arbi says. Do you blame shat?

Also, the Shat is something of a raging narcissist.

And the RLM guys get it. Mike knows he's way way below the notice of The Shat... so would his rlm fans please stop trying to make it happen!

• 4Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If anyone hasn't watched his performance of Rocket Man it's amazing.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is also wonderfully bizarre.

Also I unironically love his cover of Common People. It's my preferred version of the song.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Shatner quoting this tweet I think makes this whole year worth while. Sweet Jesus this gives me joy I didn't realize I could feel.

20200723_225753.jpg

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of the YT comments did point out (correctly in my view) that RLM is a bit of an acquired taste, it takes a bit of time to get familiar with the (varying) mix of skits and serious review. I've seen the Star Wars Plinkett fly completely over people's heads, they didn't even realize it's a character they play and they turned it off because "the guy has a weird voice". Easy to get the wrong idea if you just watch a short clip.

Shatner's got a bit of an ego too and plenty of his co-stars couldn't stand him (by his own admission, I read his biography). He's 89 and he just got divorced again this year...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Also I unironically love his cover of Common People. It's my preferred version of the song.
If we're going with Shatner 'singing' alternate versions of songs, I'm fond of

Mike legitimately seemed more heartbroken about Shatner shitting on him than breaking up with the girlfriend that appeared on their videos back in the day...

• 4Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
One of the YT comments did point out (correctly in my view) that RLM is a bit of an acquired taste, it takes a bit of time to get familiar with the (varying) mix of skits and serious review. I've seen the Star Wars Plinkett fly completely over people's heads, they didn't even realize it's a character they play and they turned it off because "the guy has a weird voice". Easy to get the wrong idea if you just watch a short clip.

Shatner's got a bit of an ego too and plenty of his co-stars couldn't stand him (by his own admission, I read his biography). He's 89 and he just got divorced again this year...
i think if you dont "get" the Plinkett videos, you arent going to "get" anything else RLM does. at least the Mike stuff. maybe videos without Mike are a little more mainstream and generic. honestly, Mike's videos are what i am interested in. Jay and pasty bald guy isnt what i like. Rich is fine until he starts laughing, then it can get grating. Mike is the more interesting person because he seems to show his passion for these things while everyone else is sort of just there for the ride.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
i think if you dont "get" the Plinkett videos, you arent going to "get" anything else RLM does. at least the Mike stuff. maybe videos without Mike are a little more mainstream and generic. honestly, Mike's videos are what i am interested in. Jay and pasty bald guy isnt what i like. Rich is fine until he starts laughing, then it can get grating. Mike is the more interesting person because he seems to show his passion for these things while everyone else is sort of just there for the ride.

Mike is the most cerebral one. Jay has a real passion for it... but Jay's passion is for real B movies and bottom of the barrel horror kind of crap. Even jack has a passion for his work, but he's a video editor. That's not exactly exciting to watch or talk about.

Rich... yeah, I think he's just sort of a ham and mike's childhood friend. Nothing wrong with being a ham. They even call professional hams "actors" sometimes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Shatner is being a fool who made no attempt to understand what was going on and is too egotistical to see that maybe he misunderstood the entire situation. Kind of sad really and wholly illustrative of how social media is nothing more than a megaphone for narcissism and insecurity.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shatner is being a fool who made no attempt to understand what was going on and is too egotistical to see that maybe he misunderstood the entire situation. Kind of sad really and wholly illustrative of how social media is nothing more than a megaphone for narcissism and insecurity.

It's a showcase article in cherrypicking Twitter posts to support an opinion.

• 3Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"leave him alone"
why, thats what you tell someone, if you want them to harass him!

lol.

Fadaar

That guy
someone please tell me this is a super long con troll job that will end with William Shatner in a RLM video to yell "GOTCHA BITCH"

like I can't seriously believe this whole thing has bothered William Fucking Shatner THIS much that he took the time to write a goddamn book article about it

• 4Like