The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
First off, that santa they used between sets SERIOUSLY looks like William Frakes in a santa suit, it's unnerving.

Also, they call out @Fedor by name. Even RLM knows he's been unjustly banned.
Plus, hipster Tim cleaned up to look like a normal middle-aged person. I hate hipsters. Anybody that has to dress or wear certain apparel, or have faggoty facial hair, to give value to their identity should have stayed back in high school.

It's ok Chukzombi Chukzombi , you're one of the good ones...😉

It was a fun episode though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Plus, hipster Tim cleaned up to look like a normal middle-aged person. I hate hipsters. Anybody that has to dress or wear certain apparel, or have faggoty facial hair, to give value to their identity should have stayed back in high school.

It's ok Chukzombi Chukzombi , you're one of the good ones...😉

It was a fun episode though.
am i a hipster? i think i am too old to be one. i dress how the old italian guys in the neighborhood did playing Bocce Ball.
men-playing-bocce-ball-underwood-archives.jpg

images

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
am i a hipster? i think i am too old to be one. i dress how the old italian guys in the neighborhood did playing Bocce Ball.
men-playing-bocce-ball-underwood-archives.jpg

images
Dude, you're like a weird reverse hipster. That's okay though.

You are pretty adamant about your style choices, but they're the style choices of our grandparents or an older generation. At least you're authentic about it, and the reasons you've always stated for choosing it, isn't because it's the popular thing among the kids.

I respect that that's why I was just poking fun at you.

• 1Like

Caliane

This was another, not great one imho. They were too drunk to be funny, or insightful.
Going on and on about Hulk hogan... they compare Feeders 2 to Christmas vacation.. and not Gremlins..

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
holy shit, Mike said her name in the Ghostbusters Afterlife review.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
weird take by them.
"calling out that you know its a bad idea makes it ok! it means you outplayed the critics!" no, calling out the retarded idea, doesn't make it not retarded.
Yeah, surprised they liked the meta stuff so much. Every single self aware meta scene in that movie came off cringey as fuck and just retarded.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The process of transferring Rich's fat to Mike is harming their thinky parts

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
It's not very often where I see a review by RLM and say "Yeah, gonna have to disagree with you on this one fellas." but this makes the second movie where I just don't understand what they are getting out of the movie or just don't agree with their reasoning on why it's a good movie. The other movie being Once Upon A Time in Hollywood.

It's almost like they liked this movie because this movie seems like it hates itself.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I didn't see this new Matrix film but they made it sound a lot more interesting than any other review/post thus far. Oh, it's like Gremlins 2!

No interest though. I'll get to it some day.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, what's the background story on Gremlins 2?

Gremlins 2 is a sequel that the director did not want to make but received in exchange for making it nearly full creative control so he made a bizarre yet charming subversion/parody stuffed full of gags. They did a re:View on it as well -

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

i'm still watching it, but i think i understand their viewpoint, and almost agree to a small degree? there is actually some pretty interesting concepts in this movie, but it's presented in such an awful package that you can't help but be turned off by it. things like trinity being the one now, for example. she's NOT the one. neo isn't either really, anymore. they BOTH are the one. when the machines rebuilt neo and trinity, they basically blended them together so that individually they are strong, but not strong enough. it says a lot about love and companionship in that when we find the right person, we become greater than he sum of our parts. but the movie does a HORRIBLE job of actually conveying and explaining that.

there's a LOT of moments like that throughout the movie, but honestly i can't even be bothered to delve into it because of how poorly it was all done.

but i also think there's a piece of it where, depending on your mood going into viewing this, it turns into schadenfreude. you watch it and enjoy it the same way we all can't take our eyes off a train wreck. and i think that's where mike is, without necessarily understanding that. he HATES blockbuster movies

• 3Like