The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
To be clear, the guys have gone after press material before (cough*Captain Marvel* cough), but mostly when the movie is so mediocre or bad I think _they_ are looking for answers on why.

But when it comes to savagery, I'm not sure anything tops the American Ultra review.
yep, they often drop media buzz around films, one of the last times was Tarentino's Hollywood film.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Holy fuck, Primal Rage was the inspiration for 28 Days Later. How did they not see that comparison?

The whole monkey infecting the guy is the exact same scene. Same cage setup where it runs out and jumped on his face.

Maybe they were just caught up with all the pop-culture references to 80s nostalgia? Maybe it's because they've been drinking?

But so have I while I've been watching the episode, so that's no excuse.

I guess it's more screwed up because 28 Days later was a groundbreaking zombie film at the time. It was pretty cutting edge and now I know it comes from a shity movie out of the 80s. If I was that old Italian filmmaker, I'd be firing up a lawsuit.

Still a fun episode...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

its weird they didn't talk about it at all.
And even had that conversation about if they were even zombies.. as if Rage zombies weren't clearly established as zombies before.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Holy fuck, Primal Rage was the inspiration for 28 Days Later. How did they not see that comparison?

The whole monkey infecting the guy is the exact same scene. Same cage setup where it runs out and jumped on his face.

Maybe they were just caught up with all the pop-culture references to 80s nostalgia? Maybe it's because they've been drinking?

I guess it's more screwed up because 28 Days later was a groundbreaking zombie film at the time. It was pretty cutting edge and now I know it comes from a shity movie out of the 80s. If I was that old Italian filmmaker, I'd be firing up a lawsuit.

Still a fun episode...

The primary inspiration for 28 Days Later is Day of the Triffids.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I assume Jack will be missing from the Halloween episodes from now on. I'd prefer him over Josh but can understand why that'd be the case. These are some of funniest so will be checking out later on.
God I fucking hate Josh. Only like 10 minutes into this episode and I'm annoyed by him.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
God I fucking hate Josh. Only like 10 minutes into this episode and I'm annoyed by him.
Josh embodies this guy:

1635734069436.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Still a fun episode...
i dunno, rabid zombie monkey was already a Peter Jackson film. it was called Dead Alive and it was awesome.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i dunno, rabid zombie monkey was already a Peter Jackson film. it was called Dead Alive and it was awesome.
That's a great movie, but that was also a monkey-rat monster that was created by rats from colonial ships of tyranny raping the indigenous monkeys of peace.

I was specifically calling out the plexiglass tube for the monkey runs out of its habitat and jumping on the guy's face, but think it's a lady 28 days. Thanks just the same sort of set up which I found pretty nuts.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Such a great movie. I remember seeing it in the theater with my dad. Still holds up to this day, and the sand monster scared the hell out of me as a kid.
i never even heard of it til i saw it in the video store, it looked interesting so i rented it. was great. its one of those sleeper movies like Shawshank Redemption or Dark City.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Almost 100% I only saw Enemy Mine because in Blockbuster the guy on the cover (LGJ, Jerry) looked exactly like Grig from The Last Starfighter to my tiny child eyes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
"In the future I will do better.

We must do better."

The Office Lol GIF

edit: For reference sake;
Temp3.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really enjoyed this one before they even got to the review part.

This is one I remember watching as a kid, but I don't apparently remember much about it because their synopsis and the scenes they showed didn't seem familiar.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i'm always a week behind on RLM videos. just caught the Enemy Mine video. shit i totally forgot that movie. i rented it a few times. i remember having dicussions about it with people, but none of those scenes ring much of a bell. maybe it needed to be on replay on HBO. i remembered the entire movie of Super Fuzz and i hadnt seen that in over 30 years

• 1Like