The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The completion REDCATED video is like 1/6th the space in the install. (The menu 'video' and TV clips are actually the majority of the install.)

I've long lost the free time to go down itch.io rabbit holes, but it is amusing to see how much artwork and storyline flow are the only things you actually need to write for a 'walking simulator' nowadays. (Gone AAAAAAIIIIIIDDDDSSSS?)

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Damn, Jay never saw that movie before. It is one of the best movies ever. The score alone is legendary.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Damn, Jay never saw that movie before. It is one of the best movies ever. The score alone is legendary.
I think the first time I ever watched it was maybe when I was 10 watching it with my dad. Used to come on TV occasionally, and I always watched it after that. That's one of those movies nowadays I can sit down in an evening lay on the sofa have a glass or two of whiskey, or more, and just get wrapped up in the film, regardless of the fact I know every single scene. Truly is a timeless classic.

Even remember going to a Hastings buying a copy of the soundtrack when I was a little older. I think one of the biggest deals with that movie and all of the Sergio Leoni westerns are the Moriconni scores. (Sorry if I misspelled any of their names).

They're just so God damn memorable. For a few dollars more has another amazing soundtrack. The goddamn music just added so much to every one of those films.

I try to make it a point to watch the trilogy once a year.

I'll have to go watch the video the review later today.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think the first time I ever watched it was maybe when I was 10 watching it with my dad. Used to come on TV occasionally, and I always watched it after that. That's one of those movies nowadays I can sit down in an evening lay on the sofa have a glass or two of whiskey, or more, and just get wrapped up in the film, regardless of the fact I know every single scene. Truly is a timeless classic.

Even remember going to a Hastings buying a copy of the soundtrack when I was a little older. I think one of the biggest deals with that movie and all of the Sergio Leoni westerns are the Moriconni scores. (Sorry if I misspelled any of their names).

They're just so God damn memorable. For a few dollars more has another amazing soundtrack. The goddamn music just added so much to every one of those films.

I try to make it a point to watch the trilogy once a year.

I'll have to go watch the video the review later today.
my dad had an Ennio Morricone album and i heard all the soundtracks before i saw the movies. i think i saw Good Bad and The Ugly around 7 or 8. it was a great film, but it was much more enjoyable as an adult. they added extra scenes with updated dialogue later on. not sure when, but the "newer" version is actually very cool. though Eli Wallach sounds so old compared to his 1960s self.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
my dad had an Ennio Morricone album and i heard all the soundtracks before i saw the movies. i think i saw Good Bad and The Ugly around 7 or 8. it was a great film, but it was much more enjoyable as an adult. they added extra scenes with updated dialogue later on. not sure when, but the "newer" version is actually very cool. though Eli Wallach sounds so old compared to his 1960s self.
Yeah I managed to pick up the copy of the director's cut if you want to call it that. I had seen some stuff about getting Wallach and Eastwood to come back and redo the voice work for those deleted scenes. Eastwood didn't sound too much different but wallach was so old at that point, and it definitely is noticeable, but whatever it's still awesome.
I know the big one is the bandidos that Tuco brings in at the cave so they can go get Blondie.

If I'm not mistaken they found a voice actor who could mirror Lee Van Cleef to fill in the dialogue for his edited scenes.

I didn't mind the fact that it was well over a 2-hour movie but it was even better with all of the extra content. I felt that it made an already legendary movie even better.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I managed to pick up the copy of the director's cut if you want to call it that. I had seen some stuff about getting Wallach and Eastwood to come back and redo the voice work for those deleted scenes. Eastwood didn't sound too much different but wallach was so old at that point, and it definitely is noticeable, but whatever it's still awesome.
I know the big one is the bandidos that Tuco brings in at the cave so they can go get Blondie.

If I'm not mistaken they found a voice actor who could mirror Lee Van Cleef to fill in the dialogue for his edited scenes.

I didn't mind the fact that it was well over a 2-hour movie but it was even better with all of the extra content. I felt that it made an already legendary movie even better.
i have always tried to figure out who was the real villain in the movie, was it Tuco or Angel Eyes? Angel Eyes just wanted to get paid. Tuco wanted to get paid, but he also liked robbing and torturing people. i think the movie tried to make Tuco seem misunderstood, that he wasnt really intentionally evil. he was the comedy relief while Angel Eyes was a hard as nails motherfucker you dont mess with. still, i would rather work with him over Tuco who would stab you in the back for the fun of it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i have always tried to figure out who was the real villain in the movie, was it Tuco or Angel Eyes? Angel Eyes just wanted to get paid. Tuco wanted to get paid, but he also liked robbing and torturing people. i think the movie tried to make Tuco seem misunderstood, that he wasnt really intentionally evil. he was the comedy relief while Angel Eyes was a hard as nails motherfucker you dont mess with. still, i would rather work with him over Tuco who would stab you in the back for the fun of it.
Tuco is kind of an antihero, Angel Eyes is easily the villain though. He doesn't mind manipulating beating, or killing his way to achieve his goal of finding the money. That's why he was killed in the end by our hero, and despite Tuco being a bastard, Blondie let him live.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah shit, TIL the Tuco actor was in brown face. I guess I never saw that actor in anything else. The woke mob needs to dig up his corpse so they can cancel him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
The final stare down in the graveyard, as they prepare to gunfight. Is one of the greatest pieces of cinema ever.

Every element of it works so well. The cinematography, score, acting, editing.

Just perfect.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Scavenger hunt is a fun concept, hope they do more of those.

Funny thing too is that Silk 2 movie they had to censor the nudity in their video obviously, but the entire movie is on Youtube and completely uncensored for the shower scene. Algorithms, man.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Scavenger hunt is a fun concept, hope they do more of those.

Funny thing too is that Silk 2 movie they had to censor the nudity in their video obviously, but the entire movie is on Youtube and completely uncensored for the shower scene. Algorithms, man.

I don't think it's that they can't show it, but they get less advertising money if they do

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users