The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Fadaar

That guy
I really hope they get to Star Trek Strange New Worlds during a summer lul in new content (July/August), be interesting to see how they view it

I wonder if they're waiting for the whole season to air before they jump in to potentially prevent more raping of their favorite franchise

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
People expected a show titled Obi-Wan Kenobi to be about Obi-Wan Kenobi.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
People expected a show titled Obi-Wan Kenobi to be about Obi-Wan Kenobi.
I guess we..
The Man Reaction GIF by ION Mystery

...got our expectation subverted.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Draw McQueen McQueen !

Hehe, this is honestly a pretty unexpected review that they're doing. Only reason I saw it pop up was because I was playing an old best of the worst episode in the background while I was making dinner.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They said it was because of Chip and Dale. Which makes sense as opposed to actually reviewing it (although the movie was surprisingly decent).

I wonder how much the views on the movies they re:view go up.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Well, having grown up with Roger Rabbit, I watched it again recently on Amazon or something. Found out that I had grown up with the extended cut as I was extremely confused by the middle of the movie realizing that an entire series of scenes with the pig head were missing.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, having grown up with Roger Rabbit, I watched it again recently on Amazon or something. Found out that I had grown up with the extended cut as I was extremely confused by the middle of the movie realizing that an entire series of scenes with the pig head were missing.
pig head?

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
First video of theirs I disagree with. There is nothing redeemable about Kenobi. It's set new expectation lows.
This makes #2 for me. Did you ever see their review of the VVitch?

Dumbest fucking movie ever made and Jay thought it was the screenwriting second coming.

• 1Dislike
  • 1WTF

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
wow, i can see why they cut the scene, they didnt want Eddie to see Toon Town before we did later in the movie and he probably wouldnt look like a good guy killing his toon head like Doom did to the cartoon shoe.
Well, it also plainly describes that toons can be killed without "Dip" (which was just a mix of what he used anyhow.)

But I never saw the pig head as an actual toon as a kid, even with the eyes going down the drain, I always saw it as something they just painted on him as a punishment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
is Kenobi the only re:View they've had all 3 on for?
I believe so. I can't think of another, and I've been listening to some of them again, in the background lately when I'm just doing random shit.

I think it's because for all the big Star wars releases lately movie wise, all three of them are typically on it, so I guess that's why they're doing it for this show.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I believe so. I can't think of another, and I've been listening to some of them again, in the background lately when I'm just doing random shit.

I think it's because for all the big Star wars releases lately movie wise, all three of them are typically on it, so I guess that's why they're doing it for this show.
its also important to mention that the prequels Plinkett reviews are what put RLM on the map. pretty sure that was a passion project for all 3 of them. it makes sense they all get in on this since its based on the prequel trilogy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users