The RPG Thread

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So yeah, Tyranny...

I've known this game existed, but it was just never seriously on my radar. But with new footage coming out (even if it is just character creation) while I'm both playing Pillars of Eternity and reading one of the Black Company books, I'm super fucking on board with this one now. And seriously, after reading up more on the premise of the game, Tyranny is literally a hair's breadth away from being "The Black Company: the Game"

Interview on Tyranny:

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Dragon Quest 7 comes out friday. Also not a fan of minecraft but DQ Builders has an amazing trailer.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I've been wanting to play a DQ game, might have to pick up the 7 remake then! either that or emulate 8 and finally finish that game for once lol

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm definitely getting DQ7. It was so fucking late into PS1's cycle iirc that not only had the PS2 already released, so had Scars of Velious, so I was mired in unrepentant EQ addiction. Won't be able to play it at release, though, as I started P4G not long ago.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Over the next five days, 3ds completes its ascent to jrpg godhood with DQ7 tomorrow and SMT Apocalypse Tuesday. And I'm stuck near the beginning of P4G. One of the best games ever, but I've played it before, so ...ugh.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Looking forward to SMT4:A on Tuesday. Still need to finish off Cold Steel II, will have to pick up DQ7 later(I hear it's really long).

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Picked up DQ7, will also be picking up DQ Builders. That game takes Minecraft's formula and really iterates on it well and it looks amazing. I know my kids will play the shit out of it, as well.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally, Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 and Trails in the Sky the 3rd are coming to PC. Soon, too; TitS the 3rd in May and the first Cold Steel this summer.

XSEED Bringing 3 The Legend of Heroes Games to PC - TechRaptor

Guess I'm never going to get to play P4G, because with this announcement it's now the one and only Vita game left that I care about and can't get on Steam or PS4. After the success of P5, I really wish Atlus would announce P3 (best parts of FES and Portable combined) and P4G remasters for PS4.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
lol Tits, I bet the devs got creative with that throughout development.

Would love to see P3 on switch if they do a remaster, persona games are great for mobile.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally, Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 and Trails in the Sky the 3rd are coming to PC. Soon, too; TitS the 3rd in May and the first Cold Steel this summer.

XSEED Bringing 3 The Legend of Heroes Games to PC - TechRaptor

Guess I'm never going to get to play P4G, because with this announcement it's now the one and only Vita game left that I care about and can't get on Steam or PS4. After the success of P5, I really wish Atlus would announce P3 (best parts of FES and Portable combined) and P4G remasters for PS4.

I bought a Vita and can't bring myself to use the fucking thing. It's too uncomfortable, and it's weird because the 3ds gives me no issues, although it puts out graphics that are a generation behind the vita.

Regardless, glad I don't have to play this shit on the Vita even though I've already bought a few of the games.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
This caught my eye today, classic RPG systems wrapped in a claymation Lynchian fever dream. I don't think I've seen anything quite like it, should be out later this year. First game is a short rpg that's clearly more of a framework for his animation and artstyle.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
This caught my eye today, classic RPG systems wrapped in a claymation Lynchian fever dream. I don't think I've seen anything quite like it, should be out later this year. First game is a short rpg that's clearly more of a framework for his animation and artstyle.

I get solid LSD simulator vibes from that.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

It's like David Lynch, middle-period Salvador Dali, and late 80s/early 90s Tim Burton made an RPG together. It's beautiful. I'm in.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is on sale for 23 bucks, I think is all time low. Great game if you haven't played it yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If "remastered" meant "completely rewritten AI and 90% of the handholding deleted" I would definitely give NnK another shot.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was thinking the same thing, so now I would get to re-buy one of the worst AI combat games ever made to watch it in even more beautiful fashion? Game was gorgeous enough, no thanks on that one