The Sandman

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That trailer gave me hope. Will give it a go. But then I still reread this series every few years, so I would probably watch it no matter what. To be fair, this is one IP where you can just shit it up with woke nonsense because that's all fucking canon. Dream and his siblings are shown to be every race and species throughout space and time. Not casting the guy who does John Constantine in the Arrowverse is a minor travesty, but replacing him with Clara? I... can fap to that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, Death is black now and Lucifer is female.

This is obviously going to be awesome.

The trans actor playing Desire is also shitting on my memories of Quantum Leap by starring in that too.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
Neil Gaiman has been shitting the bed for awhile now. Fuck him for what he did to Good Omens.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
13786-tGQLbj0syOMPNCteswWp0VmJpun.jpg

Title: The Sandman

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

Creator: Allan Heinberg

Cast: Tom Sturridge, Gwendoline Christie, Vivienne Acheampong, Charles Dance, Boyd Holbrook, Asim Chaudhry, Sanjeev Bhaskar, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Mason Alexander Park, Donna Preston, Jenna Coleman, Niamh Walsh, Joely Richardson, Kyo Ra, David Thewlis, Razane Jammal, Sandra James-Young, Stephen Fry, Patton Oswalt

First aired: 2022-08-05

Overview: The story of Dream, who wakes from a captive slumber of 105 years and sets out to restore the kingdom of the Dreaming, which has fallen into chaos in his absence.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The lines and scenes from the trailers have all been straight from the comic books, so that's a positive at least. Looks like S1 is going to be almost exclusively from Preludes & Nocturnes, which sets everything up for the rest of the series. If this show gets through the full run you will see call backs all the way right up to the end. Corinthian? Check. Ellis Dee? Check. Matthew? Check. Hell? Check. Cautiously optimistic.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Corinthian is giving off strong Trip Tucker from Enterprise vibes. I actually took a moment to remind myself that it was 20 years later and therefore Connor Trinneer could not be in the role.

It does look like the comic come to life.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will watch this. It does appear to be following the comics point by point.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'll keep score.

Episode 1: Interracial gay couple
Episode 2: Interracial couple
Episode 3: Interracial lesbian couple
Episode 4: ...no complaints I guess - was a pretty dope interpretation of "that" place
Episode 5: Angry lesbian couple, interracial couple, oh wait - is that a white heterosexual coupl- nope, gay couple.

I'll update this as I go on.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Salty
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Oh shit, this is a series? My wife just tried to watch it because she's a gaimon fangirl but she shut it off because it was too slow. I thought it was a movie. I'll let her know it's a series, that may change her pacing expectations.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
This show would be a shitload better without all the gay.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users