The Secret World

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
I hated the Egypt lines, but I like the first zones way to much, I still need to finish up the Transylvania ones myself.

Caliane

Tons of flaws. but yeah. one time fee of $20? how can you say no?
Even maybe some DLC beyond that if you like it.

I absolutely loved the haunted theme's. My favorite and most memorable gaming experiences in gaming in it's entirety, one or two overall come from the Franklin House and the Haunted Amusement Park in TSW. Those two areas alone are worth the price of admission if you are into the paranormal.
THIS 100%! That whole region was fucking cool and the theme park especially.

F2P without restrictions? Easy to justify a reinstall. I still have Egypt and Transylvania stories to do.
And this. Going to reinstall soon. I am still crack addict hooked on Vanguard at the moment but I never truly finished with TSW, I just didn't really want to play it all in one go.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
GMG use code
WINTR-SRVEY-42012

I have three buddy keys that allow for 24 hours of play time.

Post/PM your E-mail.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I put this back on my SSD. Forgot how bad the load times are on Funcom games. Down for some experts. Name is Big Dre

sike

Fully encourage people to try this. The PVE is fantastic; a real thinking man's game. This remains the only game I have had to go back over university Physics notes in order to solve a quest!

sike

The few quests this could apply to are very much optional (no lasting character benefit etc), so it's not as if TSW revolves around this kind of gameplay. It is simply a little extra that builds upon the excellent 'investigation quests', moving away from the standard kill 10 bears style of MMO.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, investigation quests were setup to be done once (every other quest in the game was repeatable) that were a puzzle and gave huge exp. You can repeat them now, though. Majority of quests are kill/click things. They all have cinematic's attached though, that's part of the fun. The cine's are actually interesting too, not some melodrama horseshit like TOR.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pretty much all of the quests I've done involve killing x number of mobs. The main (red icon) investigation quests don't perse... but they usually involve treking through areas infested with groups of monsters. Unless you mean the few investigation quests that involve going back to NYC/London. All the others involve killing scores of monsters. Also do to how Funcom loves to bunch up monsters and place roamers between them (they did this in AoC all the time), some green/red quests that might not involve a lot of killing still do since you have to clear your way to them.

Game is interesting for sure. I picked it up last week just in time to qualify for all the perks of it going free (the initiate pack or what ever it was). Unfortunately I can't get myself to play. I don't know what it is. This is the only game I have no RL friends playing with me, perhaps that's what it is. I'm working on a Striking/Penetration puritan and each fight is rather slow. I end each fight at 70% health but usually at 40% health. Against mobs with a white Icon things usually go a little bit faster, but overall I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if the fights are just supposed to be this boring.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The combat is never really great, but it gets better. The best part is the stories. Sounds like your derpness gets in the way of enjoying the game. Go play BLOPS 2 or something.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Sword and blood actually doesn't synergise very well
frown.png

Straight out the gate you want Single builder, single consumer, aoe builder, aoe consumer, some healing and some buffs around that. Then you need to get a weaken in before Blue Mountains and cleanse in by Trannsylvania. Impair is useless for levelling. Keep that lot in mind and you can't really go wrong. Another pro-tip is do to do quests you are finding hard in tank gear, takes a little longer but you just can't die.
I did Maine and Egypt with Sword/AR with a pistol/AR spec for when I needed a weaken. Now using an AR leech build in Transylvannia, finish every fight at full health
biggrin.png

frown.png

biggrin.png

Installed this again last night, felt great to be back. Such a nice game in many ways. I am looking forward to getting my rocket launcher now (I picked up the quest but didn't start yet), and then I want to do some more NM's and maybe see what the raid is like. It's amazing how the population has dipped since I last played. Last time I played, the bank was FULL of people, and now there's only ever 2 or 3 people there. But it seems better for it, because the discussions in the general chat were less moronic, and the LFG spam was more readable too.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sword and blood actually doesn't synergise very well
frown.png

Straight out the gate you want Single builder, single consumer, aoe builder, aoe consumer, some healing and some buffs around that. Then you need to get a weaken in before Blue Mountains and cleanse in by Trannsylvania. Impair is useless for levelling. Keep that lot in mind and you can't really go wrong. Another pro-tip is do to do quests you are finding hard in tank gear, takes a little longer but you just can't die.
I did Maine and Egypt with Sword/AR with a pistol/AR spec for when I needed a weaken. Now using an AR leech build in Transylvannia, finish every fight at full health
biggrin.png
Thanks any links to leveling builds? And can I respec my points?

frown.png

biggrin.png

bayr_sl

shitlord
You can't respec but you eventually get points for everything. I'm interested to know some good builds too

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
You can't respec but that doesn't matter since you can learn every skill.

To be honest any combination will work for levelling until you reach transylvania. I levelled using blade/ele which is fairly glass cannon and just blowing things up with blaze/eidolon. Every combo works though because all of the weapons damage is fairly similar.

By the 2nd zone in transylvania I found that too many of the harder quests were not completable. Quite a few of the monsters in transylvania require specific kinds of builds to make them easy, like some reflect damage when you afflict them so you want to not use affliction. Others take very little damage until they've got weakness on them. Things like this.

So I decided to build a lazy mans build that would work for every quest in trans and made a blade/chaos one, equipping 1 tank item, 2 healer items and the rest DPS ones. It was enough that my basic attacks were outhealing any monster damage and I could easily apply whatever debuffs needed by changing passives.

Anyway TSW is an excellent game, I'm still sad all of my friends quit playing it for the lame duck GW2.