The Secret World

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've had good success with aliases and the built-in gear manager. Like: /alias ae gearmanager use BladeARSolo
then just type /ae to switch. Sometimes you have to do the command twice depending on your elites, and sometimes it doesn't want to equip your weapon, but generally it works fine.

And there's always VDM for keeping 3495730 different versions of your dungeon/raid deck with minor changes based on current group make-up. I don't really like it though, the lack of gear support is a deal-breaker. It's handy for importing decks from websites, though, even if you don't use it for anything else.

bytes: You get the bonus points the first time you complete 30 missions on a character.

Ehh I never had so much luck with it. And I have an inventory with about 100 different purple items so if my gear gets switched around it's a hassle having to reorganize my shit. That said, I don't take TSW seriously enough to spend much effort on it. I only really play it because sometimes it's nice to run around shooting monsters.

Kobalt

Trakanon Raider
Game runs pretty smooth on my computer. What kind of rig you using?
i7 920, 6 gigs of ram and a gtx 560 ti. Not the best rig in the world but it was able to run tera, a better looking game at max with the only real fps drop during the nexus events with 300 people on the screen and probably that many npcs. Secret world on the other hand becomes a slideshow even with everything low in london. And my god this game has some of the slowest loading times I've ever seen. This more then anything is tempting me to finally get a ssd.

I know I'm just bitching but I actually do enjoy the game a lot besides the performance issues. Kind of regretting my ae blade/ar build now right after I lvled up both to equip the blue mountain weps and spent a ton of ap. Really wish there was a reroll in this game even if it was something like once a week.

You don't need reroll because the ultimate goal is 100% completion of your skill wheel. And really, it's fast to do. You can just do a bunch of missions and start using a new set of stuff in just a couple of hours. Then stick with it a while, through more missions and maybe some dungeon runs or whatever, and you'll be at the higher tier of it.

As for performance, sounds like some kind of driver issue or something.

nu_11

I have a quad core AMD @3.2 Gghz, 4 gigs of RAM, and gtx 480... and I sure as hell had a lot more performance problems with TERA than I did with TSW. My god, TERA UI performance is sucktastic.

I can still easily kill the shit that is designed to fuck affliction builds; the only thing I wasn't able to handle was the rocket launcher mission because it's full of shitbag ranged enemies that constantly run out of melee range.
Yeah the Rocket launcher mission was a chore, I had to 1-z, 2-z pull, run out of LoS and fight em outta spotlights areas, repair at a soda machine a few times. Damn thing took me 30-40 mins to complete solo. It's doable, but you could better spend your time elsewhere.

The game engine can load poorly and hitch right outta the gate, had to reboot to solve it a couple times.. there was one scripted encounter in egypt that kept crashing when the boss mob changed in a new stage of the fight. Took 3 tries to get past that hiccup.

Kobalt

Trakanon Raider
I have a quad core AMD @3.2 Gghz, 4 gigs of RAM, and gtx 480... and I sure as hell had a lot more performance problems with TERA than I did with TSW. My god, TERA UI performance is sucktastic.
I always heard people having ui issues but game never went below 30 fps for me besides during nexus events. Maybe it is a driver issue, I was dumb and updated to the newest one a month ago for some reason. Had the same problem with swtor. slideshow in the fleet and that game was butt fugly.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The Tyler Freeborn questline in the new Issue has a fucking fantastic conclusion quest. Probably the coolest quest ever dropped in an MMO.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, the end was really good. Could've done without the Orochi vs. wolves step though. First time I did it, I killed over 250 wolves before finally giving up and letting it reset, only to have it complete in like 30 seconds.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I was ready to break some shit and it resolved the exact same way for me. After another death I ran back and invited some guy and his completed right after we joined up.

khanable_sl

shitlord
Picked this up today (it's 17.99 on amazon FYI)

Installing now..

which one of yous is gonna take me under your wing and shower me in sweet bitches?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yep, even if you never do a dungeon or talk to another person, 18 bucks will give you quite a few hours of solid story telling and fun. Game owns.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Why, oh why, was the raid only 1 boss. And the mechanics are so blah on it. Some of the later Nightmare dungeons are so much harder.

Underjoyed_sl

shitlord
Why, oh why, was the raid only 1 boss. And the mechanics are so blah on it. Some of the later Nightmare dungeons are so much harder.
You must have missed Age of Conan where their first raid took them 5 minutes to piece together, consisting of a giant slug inside a cave that did nothing. You must know by now these games are all about getting the initial purchase dollar then fleeing with your money to the Bahamas. "End Game Content" is completely void from every single MMO since WoW. Don't expect that to ever change.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The game is Buy 2 Play and is worth it. One raid is disappointing, but they "had" bigger plans for this game. Patches and Updates are going to have to go on a price plan and Im sure theyre not going to add anything major for a minute (even if it is ready) to keep from having to hear people say " OH EM GEE! This shit was ready when I was a subscriber! It should be free for me!!!! "

I wanted this game to do better cause I was tired of looking at fucking Elves.
rolleyes.png

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
You must have missed Age of Conan where their first raid took them 5 minutes to piece together, consisting of a giant slug inside a cave that did nothing. You must know by now these games are all about getting the initial purchase dollar then fleeing with your money to the Bahamas. "End Game Content" is completely void from every single MMO since WoW. Don't expect that to ever change.
I guess my main point was that some of the nightmares are so incredible. They could have taken NM facility for example, make it 10 man, scale the bosses, and boom, great raid.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just bought this and it seems pretty awesome as B2P. Only put about 3-4 hours in.

I see some folks talking of "having" to re-roll. I guess I thought you could unlock everything here skill wise on a character and your wep choice determined your role.

Anyone care to give a few sentence synopsis on how tanking compares to say WoW?