The "Shit I just bought" thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Bro you must be living that Arizona life and if I had to guess, I'd say Gilbert/Chandler.

I was just wondering where he lives. I love the simplicity of the home. And it's pretty beautiful. I gotta get out of Massachusetts!

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I was just wondering where he lives. I love the simplicity of the home. And it's pretty beautiful. I gotta get out of Massachusetts!

I'd be shocked if it's not Arizona because it looks pretty much identical to my neighborhood, but then that's also part of the drawback is that a lot of neighborhoods are pretty cookie cutter.

I just laughed because it's like those starter pack pictures: stucco house, tile roof, fake turf, outdoor rug, big pool umbrella. It's like the Arizona suburb starter pack. Not making fun.

You should take a trip out for Phoenix Comicon next May. It's not San Diego Comicon, but it's a pretty big event and you'd have an excuse to come to the desert. Although if you really want the best weather, November-April is where it's at.

The Arizona life also comes with walls to protect you when the zombie apocalypse comes.

I grew up here and I always find it amazing that people back east and in the Midwest don't have backyard fences/walls. Like, what do you do with your dogs? And how do you keep people from ganking your shit? And people can see in your yard and shit while you're BBQing?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Haha, I thought the same thing. I thought, I swear I've been in that house before! Back in highschool, some friends parents up in North Scottsdale had a back yard near identical to that.

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I grew up here and I always find it amazing that people back east and in the Midwest don't have backyard fences/walls. Like, what do you do with your dogs? And how do you keep people from ganking your shit? And people can see in your yard and shit while you're BBQing?

When I moved out here it was the first thing I noticed and loved. No more going into your backyard and having everyone down the block seeing what you are doing or wanting to talk. You get to spend time with your family in privacy.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Homes are reasonably priced out here, the downside is it is pretty hard to find a place without a HOA.
Everything here is almost a development with an hoa. Plus since my prince cap was 500k I couldn't get anything but a townhome in the area we wanted

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
How expenssive is a house like that in AZ?

If I had to guess, I'd say $375-450 depending on neighborhood. The market has taken a pretty big upswing in the sub 500k market so those are being snapped up very quickly.

This is newer construction down the street from me. Gilbert is a suburb of Phoenix and this is pretty far from downtown but my work is only about 15 minutes away and we have everything we need out here.
5594 Venture - Marbella Vineyards - Evolve by Shea Homes-Family | Zillow

Move that home to Scottsdale and it's more like $650+.

• 1Quality Calories

Crone

Depends on the area but probably around 350k.
Or move outta fucking Scottsdale/Chandler (hot spots), and that place is 250k in North Phoenix. One thing I really love about Phoenix, is that in general I felt everything was pretty close, or maybe it was just the feeling that I had no reason to go to the other side of fucking town?

I live in Seattle area now, about 45 minutes south of downtown in Puyallup. I suppose a comparison would be like living in Chandler vs downtown Phoenix. The first time I tried doing something on a Saturday (or Sunday) and there was literally rush hour traffic I was like wtf? Come to find out, there's litrerally shit all to do down South? or people just wanna go up into Seattle, but can't afford to live there, that everyone goes North on the weekends to do shit. Causes rush hour like traffic.

This NEVER happened in Phoenix. Lived in Scottsdale, and North Phoenix in my 30 years there, and never once did I feel the "need" to go West side of Phoenix, or other places? I don't know. Of course there was events, and friends, etc, but it wasn't all inclusive.

I'm rambling, but I just don't get it. What is it about Phoenix that causes, for the most part, everyone to stay in their little neighborhoods?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
If I had to guess, I'd say $375-450 depending on neighborhood. The market has taken a pretty big upswing in the sub 500k market so those are being snapped up very quickly.

This is newer construction down the street from me. Gilbert is a suburb of Phoenix and this is pretty far from downtown but my work is only about 15 minutes away and we have everything we need out here.
5594 Venture - Marbella Vineyards - Evolve by Shea Homes-Family | Zillow

Move that home to Scottsdale and it's more like $650+.
Jfc...4.5ksqft from 440k

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm rambling, but I just don't get it. What is it about Phoenix that causes, for the most part, everyone to stay in their little neighborhoods?

For the most part every area is pretty much self sufficient with shopping and everything you need. I never feel the need to drive over to Scottsdale where Chicago faggot transplants decided to recreate all the annoying shit like red light cameras, slow speed limits and no fucking parking.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

For the most part every area is pretty much self sufficient with shopping and everything you need. I never feel the need to drive over to Scottsdale where Chicago faggot transplants decided to recreate all the annoying shit like red light cameras, slow speed limits and no fucking parking.
Yea, I guess that's it. After my parents divorce, my Mom, having lived in Scottsdale for many years was a little apprehensive about moving outta Scottsdale with now new husband. But she told me months later the exact thing. Everywhere has a Walmart and grocery stores, and Home Depot, etc.

I don't know what it is about Seattle, but every damn fucking person feels the need to go up the highway into the "city". Weird as hell.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Or move outta fucking Scottsdale/Chandler (hot spots), and that place is 250k in North Phoenix. One thing I really love about Phoenix, is that in general I felt everything was pretty close, or maybe it was just the feeling that I had no reason to go to the other side of fucking town?

I live in Seattle area now, about 45 minutes south of downtown in Puyallup. I suppose a comparison would be like living in Chandler vs downtown Phoenix. The first time I tried doing something on a Saturday (or Sunday) and there was literally rush hour traffic I was like wtf? Come to find out, there's litrerally shit all to do down South? or people just wanna go up into Seattle, but can't afford to live there, that everyone goes North on the weekends to do shit. Causes rush hour like traffic.

This NEVER happened in Phoenix. Lived in Scottsdale, and North Phoenix in my 30 years there, and never once did I feel the "need" to go West side of Phoenix, or other places? I don't know. Of course there was events, and friends, etc, but it wasn't all inclusive.

I moved here about 8 years ago from Tucson, Az and I was told that Phoenix was basically built around a township or village concept. Every area is it's own little village with all the amenities you would need. The only real reason to leave your neighborhood would be for work but otherwise we mostly stay in a 5-10 mile radius and have everything we need. The downside about Phoenix is that it's very samey-samey, not a ton of 'culture' but you can find it if you're willing to go looking.

But even where I live out in Gilbert, with freeways the sports/concert arenas are only about 30-35 minutes away. Cardinal Stadium is about an hour and that's literally about the only reason I would ever travel to west Phoenix.

Portillos is the bomb though. Chocolate Cake Shake is fucking heaven in a cup.

Jfc...4.5ksqft from 440k

Can be had for cheaper than that if you're willing to move a little further ie. San Tan Valley or west Phoenix, but I'd advise against it =)

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hire dog walker
Put a chain on your grill
Yup, more talking, less grilling.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Hire dog walker
Put a chain on your grill
Yup, more talking, less grilling.

han-solo-sounds-about-right-nah-dude-thatll-never-work.jpg